Which Airports are at the top of your wishlist for third-party devs to make?

As a co-developer I can give you an idea on why…
MK did Tenerife for P3D and from Aerosoft point of view it not always make sense to survey the airport again when they have under their umbrella many other airports who need to done and the survey already there in the database.
Another thing is that MSFS is not always haven for the developers, giving most of time such an headache that you want to move into Alaska just to forget about it! Take LLBG for example, we started the work the same week MSFS was out to the public and yet it took us almost 1.5 years to complete. We were struggling with the SDK day and night, trying to figure out how to move forward…
Most of the P3D developers already announce that they will bring their products into MSFS, it takes time and although I understand customers want it to be now it just impossible!

Now that the sim is more mature and hopefully SU8 won’t break it to the point we can’t work (as did SU7) projects will come out, it might take another year to catch up with all the backlog of airports waiting to be ported/migrated from P3D into MSFS but it will happen.

On our side of the table, we do hope to start working on Malpensa (LIMC) by spring, really depends on SU8 and LLBG version 1.1 update progress

Cheers,
Amos

1 Like

Would love to see EGBJ Gloucester Airport in the UK.

1 Like

Great news is My list is down now to
Alliance Nebraska airport and Oswego Fulton in NY I still would love to see a payware Greater Rochester International Airport because we never had a payware airport

Was doing some random VFR with the Kodiak and decided to NAV to KPHX on the map to test the ILS in the NXi. This would look like a potentially real nice 3rd party airport. The area is so nice!

I really want KMKE, KPIA, and ENGM.

1 Like

Howdy! I’d like to see some of the commercial airports in South Carolina get some attention, namely:
KCAE (Columbia)
KCHS (Charlestion AFB / International Airport)
KMYR (Myrtle Beach)

I’ll also throw in KAVL (Asheville, NC) to the wishlist…the runway project there was finished several years ago, and while there is a mod on flightsim.to that does a good job of fixing the runway placement, the terminal and surrounding scenery could also use a bit of love. Great takeoff point for some VFR flying in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

I have to compliment VerticalSim for their excellent rendition of KGSP (Greenville-Spartanburg)…I’d happily pony up some cash if they decide to take on any of these airports…

2 Likes

So for me

Alliance Nebraska Municipal Airport
Oswego Fulton
Buffalo Niagara
Savannah Hilton Head Airport
A Payware Greater Rochester International scenery

I really hope FlyTampa brings back Buffalo Niagara

Toronto Pearson (CYYZ), although it seems FlyTampa will release it this year.

I’d also love to see Montreal Trudeau (CYUL), Calgary (CYYC), Boston Logan (KBOS), Philadelphia (KPHL), a high-detail version of LaGuardia (KLGA), and San Francisco (KSFO)

2 Likes

There is a decent freeware Montreal Airport at flightsim.to

And FeelThere has created and released a 2023 KLGA (what the airport will look like after renovations next year).

1 Like

KSMF (Sacramento)
PHNL (Honolulu)

2 Likes

Unfortunately, that’s really not very good. Luckily Bravo Airspace is also working on KLGA and their airports are usually good.

1 Like

An Xbox marketplace friendly of EGLF (Farnborough), it’s my nearest airport and some of the stock buildings in the sim are a tad off from what’s really there

Shreveport Regional

CYRO - Ottawa/Rockcliffe Airport. Only because that’s actually the site for the Canada Aviation and Space Museum. And the main attraction to having a dev make it would be if the vintage aircraft could be visible - on the tarmac, or with the hangar open, etc. The main museum building looks cool too - last time I checked in the sim it looked like a generic building.

Dose anyone know if taxi2gate Airport scenery is coming to FS2020? I would love their Orlando International Airport to come to FS2020

They said in November they’re working on MSFS and more news is coming soon.

1 Like

Anything in Arizona

Baltimore Washington international

Nantucket Island International is now on my list, very awesome island with amazing history, so my list is now

Nantucket Island international airport
Alliance Nebraska Municipal Airport
Oswego Fulton
Buffalo Niagara international
Savannah Hilton Head International
A Payware greater Rochester KROC NY scenery

Better than default. :slight_smile:

1 Like