Which Airports are at the top of your wishlist for third-party devs to make?

And a class approach over the city. Another vote for VTBD here.

1 Like

They’ve been waiting over 7 months now for approval to sell their products at the MS Marketplace, but you can purchase at their webstore, if the wait is too long for you.

PADK Adak, Alaska

This airport, one of the closest points in the United States to Russia (save for Diomede and some military airstrips) and the southernmost city in Alaska, is in the Aleutian Islands volcanic chain of Alaska and has a challenging, steep, but quite fun final approach. It dodges a 6000’ peak volcano immediately before localizer and glideslope capture to the runway at sea level, requiring a Z-shaped turn before capturing the 3.5° slope. Doesn’t seem all that complex but when getting configured for landing there’s quite a bit going on at once and it can be relatively easy to overshoot the glideslope and struggle to get back on track due to lack of runway visibility most of the time and the steeper than standard slope.

The weather makes this a fun airport as it’s almost always covered in dense fog down to minimums or below and/or with heavy winds and rain.

Fun airport, very rich history, nothing super fancy about it, but I’d be more interested in a third party focusing on sure upgrading the airport but also handcrafting some of the surrounding area; most of the island is protected by the Alaska Fish and Wildlife Reserve and would be nice to see receive a terrain upgrade, as well as the small town (“city”) adjacent to the airport.

Cheers

3 Likes

That’s crazy. Why would they have to wait that long?

1 Like

YPEC Aeropelican (Belmont)
YSCB Canberra
YMLT Launceston
YWVA Warnervale

GCLP Las Palmas (Canary Islands)

KDAY- Dayton International Dayton, Ohio

Hamad International Airport (DOH) (OTHH) Is in serious need of a new model. Most of the Gulf airports and scenery could be done with upgrading in fact…

1 Like

It’s unlikely anyone else would care about the one I want…but:

KRUQ

because I live right beside it :slightly_smiling_face:

KMEM would be great

KMEM would be great

It’s scheduled to be done, after we’ll release KIAH.

1 Like

Awesome news!

Someone… PLEASE make a (good) Salt Lake City International Airport. Also, please make it available for Xbox. The one available right now is downright terrible.

Also, a very good addition would be KSGU. It’s a regional airport in St. George, Utah. It’s the headquarters for SkyWest. St. George is very well kept secret and is (a) home to many celebrities actually such as Bill Murray and Opera Winfrey so it’s not just a hole in the ground. So if you wanted to do a scenery update to it, that would be a good idea too.

1 Like

Airports around Nepal - Gateway to the Himalayas

VNKT - Tribhuvan International Airport
VNPK - Pokhara
VNBW - Siddhartha Gautam International Airport
VNVT - Biratnagar

1 Like

I’d love to have KFAT in CA. I’d even pay to have it made for me but don’t know how to get in touch with a developer ;-(

DrkWingz

KSNA update: there’s a payware now from UK2000 which is quite nice, if a little heavy on fps, and also a freeware one which is pretty good, by FreakyD. Both model the terminal nicely enough as well as on-site businesses (FBOs, the little Lyon air museum, etc)

Malaga, Napoli, Milano Malpensa, Belgrade.

Sherburn-in-Elmet Airfield (ICAO: EGCJ )

Where I learnt to fly.

Providence, RI KPVD please.