Which Airports are at the top of your wishlist for third-party devs to make?

My first choice is KMKE!
Followed by KEWR

However… I think it would be really awesome to have a 1 or 2 packages that include the airports of the United/Continental Micronesia Island Hopper. FSDT is making a PHNL, but want to see the following:

• PGUM (essential)
  • PKMJ
  • PKWA
  • PTSA
  • PTPN
  • PTKK
  • PTYA
  • PJON

And for good measure also:

• PTRO

h, i miss it. can you give me at what time they spoke about this ? (you’re talking about the lastest q&a right ?)
edit : ok just got it Thank you for the info, i had miss this Q&A !

1 Like

All the major international airports and definitely by “reputed developers” like Gaya, Orbx, Aerosoft, FlyTampa and similar who pays attention to modelling even the smallest details possible be it the landside, airside, ground textures, interiors, the night lighting and so on.

For a project of such a high scale, its highly important that even the minutest details are modelled to a high graphical fidelity.

1 Like

London Stansted (EGSS) - my home airport! As well as Almeria (LEAM) where I frequently used to fly as a kid on family holidays!

An outfit called AvionixPro, which is essentially me. Was originally working on a package for pit builders but that direction changed last year when FS2020 was announced. it can’t be continued yet until the SDK expands.

1 Like

Totally agree on your comment re the detail. I’m actually going beyond the pale and then will back it off a little depending on performance on an “averagely good system”.

The design is based off some of the real architectural drawings as the trusses at Suvarnabhumi are pretty iconic.

Still haven’t found a way to effectively light the terminal from the inside out yet, but working on it. At least a couple of months away from having something near complete.

1 Like

I agree regarding the performance. But Is it possible in the sdk now or will it be possible sometime later that the level of detail of the 3rd party airports also gets automatically adjusted using the in-sim graphical settings, bcoz why not provide the highest graphical fidelity in the systems that can support those!! There are many who has spent thousands of bucks on their systems to get that level of detail.

Indeed. LOD works well and is already included in what I’m doing, potentially up to 5 levels but more likely 3. It’s also vital because some of the models are pretty detailed.

Just waiting on a workaround / explanation of the lighting issue (internal lighting visible though an MSFS_Glass rendered, coloured material) and then some of the demo shots will be pretty special… hopefully.

1 Like

Absolutely, this thing is very necessary especially in major international airports. Even if the interiors are not highly modelled or detailed, but the view of super bright lit interiors from outside with the minimum required interior modelling brings a new realism and vibrancy to the mega airports. As far as I have seen, this thing is not possible to be modelled properly in the sim yet.

Anyways, looking forward to it :+1:t2:

1 Like

Also known as London’s hell :joy:

1 Like

All Canadian Airports in Nunavut including floatplane hangouts. The ones that I have looked at (Alert, Clyde River, Resolute Bay) are garbage.

1 Like

It’s just u don’t have to insult someone for doing something for free for others whether u like what they make or not. A lot of people like what they do. That doesn’t mean I say their work is perfect because it definately never will get close to payware quality but at least don’t say it like that. They do it for free for others what are u doing? insulting them…

2 Likes

SBSB in Sao Paulo!

Off the top of my head:
KBOS Boston Logan
KLGA NY LaGuardia
LIMJ Genoa
LSZA Lugano

2 Likes

Genoa would be fantastic. The position is great.

1 Like

LICC - Catania Fontanarossa
LICJ - Palermo Falcone Borsellino
LFMN - Nice Cote Azur
FIMP- Mauritius
LPPT- Lisboa
LPPO- Porto
LSZR- Altenrhein

1 Like

I’d love to see KSAV get some lovin’

1 Like

That‘s exactly why I love this airport, not so much for its architecture but for its spectacular approach.

1 Like

Orbx published it already

2 Likes

I can’t find an internet post yet, but during a digital event in Nuremberg, EDDN was announced as third-party airport. Release-Date will be early 2021.

1 Like