Which controls can be assigned to each plane?

Is there a quick way to find out which controls can be assigned or customised according to each plane?

For example, I’ve only been flying the c152 and c172 so far, but recently bought the spitfire as it was on sale…I can now see that, for this plane, having rudder trim set to something on one of my controllers is a good idea.

Without visually searching through the cockpit and then searching for the corresponding option in the controls settings menu (as they’re not even always labelled the same in those two places), is there perhaps a spreadsheet or something which shows which controls each plane uses, which can be assigned, and which MUST be controlled by mouse?

1 Like

There are many external tools (for example Axis and Ohs), exposing even undocumented controls to buttons or keypresses. They can do a lot more, even voice control, scripting. So (assuming you have enough buttons) to can get rid of the mouse. Usage of these tools requires some investigation (learning stuff like LVARs which are internal respresentations of a control within the simulated plane) but opens endlesss possibilities.
I don’t think you will find a list of controls available in each plane, using the tools I mentioned you can retrieve the LVARs (and much more), but most of this stuff is undocumented and requires some investigation. However, the flexibility and power offered by these tools is at totally different level compared to internal sim control assignment interface.

not likely to find a list, but you might if you search for un-configurable options

by that i mean, think about this, all aircraft use the same keybinds so long as that option is available, you can literally setup for a c172 and then jump in an airliner, all the controls will work except for the extras that the c172 doesnt have
so really you dont need that list, as you move up to more complex aircraft you just have to learn or set the new options you need, the old ones (like for example the rudder trim) would stay the same and still work

I opened a related wishlist topic some time ago for a way to see only controls relevant to each aircraft

1 Like

except … there really isnt any ‘controls’ specific to ‘Each Aircraft’

you set up the Controller, Not the Aircraft :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks everyone. Yes, the option to filter controls by the current aircraft would make it a lot easier.

I’ll look into those other tools too :slight_smile:

I’ve got plenty of buttons that I can use, as I’ve got 2 logitech throttle quads, with 6 buttons on each that I don’t currently use…gearfalcon trim wheel (and new version on the way, which will have 3 trim wheels, so I can assign one to rudder trim). Logitech multipanel and switch panel and radio panel takes care of a lot too. Also got 3 touch screens with a couple of knobsters, so all the Garmin stuff can be controlled via air manager… also got a razer tartarus that I mostly use to quickly select atc options… so yeah, for the two planes I’ve been using, the Cessna’s, I don’t have to “change” any bindings… it would just be nice to have some way of quickly seeing what control options are actually available for each craft.

The trial and error can be pretty annoying… but yeah, I’ll take a look at the tools suggested. Cheers.

again that would only filter out the options that specific aircraft does Not have (somewhat usefull i guess) but otherwise it would just show the complete options → controllers menu
the ‘controls’ in the options are generic, the ‘action’ happens no matter what aircraft is loaded, the only diff is if that ‘action’ does anything or not with that aircraft

so really your asking what ‘actions’ are or are not available per aircraft, very few people have the issue with too many buttons and go ‘shopping’ for something to use them on so not sure how much traction you would get there
i have extra buttons i set up that im not sure what are now, and i only have a few :stuck_out_tongue:
but hey if someone comes up with a way to filter the unused possible controls for each aircraft cool

Sure, but if you read my post, it was about controls available for each aircraft - so if you pick a plane without a mixture control, that control isn’t shown in the bindings etc. Interestingly, that exact control being bound when a plane doesn’t actually have a mixture control creates problems with “phantom mixture” controls cutting off the engines. My wish list would avoid that. So a similar, albeit not exactly matching, request to the OP.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.