Which is the better Pilot2ATC or PF3 for MSFS 2020?

Certainly worth noting, thanks.
Oh well, I’ve been contemplating a nice headset for a long time, anyway.

1 Like

does PF3 interact with ai traffic in msfs cause p2atc doesnt?

MSFS receives my controller and joystick inputs all the time. Even when focus is somewhere else.

Definitely yes. I do it all the time. It also has an option to only except keypresses, when P2ATC or MSFS are in focus.

BTW the speech control works with a key binding too. You can bind a push to talk button.

Interesting. It certainly does not receive mine. I wonder what causes that difference…

I never run MSFS as admin

I have used PF3 since FS2004 and like it. No robotic voices and the accent changes depending on the location.

I tried p2a demo, it’s good and better than mfs atc but the interface looks like it was designed in 1970, sometimes the program stop responding and crash.
I might buy it or not, but right now a 60$ app with terminator ugly voice tts is just no, i added more windows voice but it’s far from azure mfs quality voice.
Also there is no radio effect distorsion on voice.

1 Like

Is amazon polly easy to set up to work with p2a and how much dose it cost?

Yes. You only have to install Polly service on windows. How to do it is here:
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/polly/latest/dg/install-voice-plugin2.html
After install, all you have to do is assign the Polly normal voices in P2ATC voice settings. I use the ‘assign random voice’ function.

I noticed the US English, UK English and AUS English voices work the best. The other languages speak English in native voice, so no current pronunciations. Still around 15 natural voices. And if you keep the Microsoft default for ATIS, you have real immersion by computerized ATIS and natural sounding ATC :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

For pricing, if you make a new AWS account you got 5 million chartacters per month free for the first year. After that, or outside the free tier, you pay $4 per 1 million characters. So with normal use will be around $5 per month I estimate

4 Likes

hi…i m discovering new features to make it more realistic…
i have navigraph,…i did my flight planning with it… i discovered simbrief, so now i do all my flight plannings with simbrief more relalistic, i just use navigraph now for the charts sid-stars-app, no more for planning…
so i would like to start with pilot 2atc, so my question is …can i use my simbrief for planning and use pilot-2atc only for atc ? or do i have to do the flight planning also with pilot2atc…tahnks

Absolutely, and that’s exactly my workflow too - flight planning with Simbrief (and sometimes LNM), Navigraph for charts, and P2A for ATC.

Once I have a flightplan in Simbrief I export (found that X-Plane format works well) and import into P2A, set the SID / STAR / APPR in P2A, and am ready to go.

1 Like

thansk for the reply…i m just looking around…one question though…the sids and stars that i have on my simbrief dont appear in pilot2atc…i downloaded the p2a combined with navigraph which is up to date…how come sid ans stars are missing, so i can not file the correct flight plan that i did in simbrief…any help ?

Are you sure that you are using the latest Navigraph airac cycle? Because the only download on the p2a webpage I find that has navigraph shows airac cycle 1801, which is not current. Current is 2103.

In Simbrief there is a setting that lets you switch to an older airac cycle, if I‘m not misstaken. I‘m using a Navigraph subscription, so I can update Simbrief and p2a to the latest airac.

thanks gigantpetz…i have to check on that…since u r there, how to update simbrief and p2a to the current airac ?? thanks in advance…i tried but coulnt find it till now…

You need a Navigraph data subscription for this. Once you have that, you can update P2A with the Navigraph FMS Data tool, and in Simbrief you can unlock the latest cycle

I m having a navigraph subscription…so i will look at it. thanks guys for the help…by the way, i need a mic…lol

I love almost everything about Pilot2ATC except I can’t get my weather working in MSFS 2020. I use REX but even without that I get no weather at all???

I set mine to use NOAA and have pretty good results. I have not tried any other weather sources in P2ATC.

Tried that…nothing.

Maybe there is a firewall block or extended timing interval. Mine is set to default refresh every 15 minutes. Also, maybe check the version you are running.