Which rudder pedals?

I’m toying the idea of buying some rudder pedals. Since I don’t want to spend too much money I have the Logitech G Pro Flight rudder pedals and the Thrustmaster TFRP T.Flight rudder pedals in mind. I’ve watched and read some reviews, but I’m still not sure about which ones to buy. Any recommendations?

1 Like

Hello,
I can recommend these to you, precise, robust and authentic.

Pro Pedals CH Products

5 Likes

Thrustmaster ones work just fine for price, and have brake functions. You can mix them with other sticks or yokes.

I have used the thrustmaster pedals for a couple of years no issues so far, and perform well.

2 Likes

Virpil rudder pedals, all metal period, wide floor bracket with good rubber feet. Expensive. See:

VIRPIL Controls - Home (virpil-controls.eu)

if important, NOT MADE IN CHINA, in Europe, much better quality than Chinese stuff. Ones I am going to order most likely in March. About 1-2 month lead time, everything is backordered due to COVID and demand in channel. See my review on my Grip and Base/Bracket under peripherals. However, received e-mail, Support said they would try to expedite my order for the correct bracket.

Three versions of pedals, check our reviews on YouTube to see the difference. But I am ordering the most expensive one, then if I want to take off the extra part and still have toe brakes I can.

3 Likes

If you want something that will last, stay away from the plastic builds. (Ie Satek, CH, Logitech, etc.). They are cheap, but they don’t tend to last like the more expensive builds out there.

1 Like

Agree with that. I use these, and highly recommend them:

So do I. Filler

I’ve had my CH Pedals for 25 years 1000’s of hours use still working as good as new.

7 Likes

I can confirm that!

Can’t speak for others, but I find my Thrustmaster T-Pedals to be a pain in the butt. They slide on two metal rods and for me have never smoothed out. They are grabby and always overshoot in jerks, especially in MSFS, despite a very gentle sensitivity curve. Certainly nothing remotely like real rudder pedals in the planes I have flown. I will try some lube on the guide rods and if that fails, in the bin they go and I’ll make up a decent set from aluminium and an Arduino board to connect to my PC.

3 Likes

The Virpils are the best for now. Get the highest level that way you’ll have room for customization. All metal and high precision contactless digital sensors.
Check out the 3 pics:

1 Like

but where to buy it ?

I have their stick and throttle too. They’re on high demand though but it’s much easier now to buy it than it was when I got mine. Also the rudder is not at hot as the stick and throttle with regards to demand. They used to publish at what time they’d have inventory, and it always sold out in less than 2 mins, you could have it in your cart and it would disappear before you hit “pay”, but now you order it and when they have inventory, it’s first come first served, and you can have it in your cart for 8 hours if I remember correctly.

They have sticks for left and right hand, and their newest throttle is the bomb! Like mine, but with customizable detents:

VKB has an awesome metal pedal if you don’t require toe brakes or have limited under desk space. Also cheaper than most other high end pedals. I love them, particularly for helicopters.

US$215

1 Like

I had rudder pedals before and suited and logitech are fine I had the rudder ones first over 10 years ago… then a few months back but I stopped using them after a few weeks… I taxied out mainly thats it. No elty soon wore off and now just twist my joystick. Hotas x56. Also for that price to just let them sit there 99.9 percent of the flight is just not worth the investment. All the best.

2 Likes

Thanks for your valuable inputs everyone! I still haven‘t made up my mind but I‘m sure I‘ll settle for one of the low-priced ones. I already spent way too much money on GPU, VR and other peripherals over the last months. Time for some self-restraint.

1 Like

RayK1T, excellent point. Only really used in TO/Landing and taxi, otherwise (big planes assumed) not much use. More so in the little planes just cruising around. They do make experience more realistic, but for close to 500 that is a lot for small amount of realism, but, if I don’t spend it my government is going to take it in taxes, so better I get present than them. It’s a tough decision wont make it now for sure.

I am a retired 747 captain, I’ve been using Logitech G Pro Flight rudder pedals, no complaint what so ever, I am sure you can pay more somewhere else but it’s not going to give you much more performance. Good luck.

5 Likes

I am using the Thrustmater TPR since August and i am very happy with them.

• Precise
  • Bulletproof , metal build
  • Adjustable
  • wide enough for future addition of a floor mounted FFB-stick

I choosed the Thrustmaster, because i had the plan, to add a FFB-motor from behind, letting the pedals unchanged. This setup is working for 2 weeks now, without any problems. Forces and stroke are equal to the Brunner FFB-rudder.

Part-sets are available ( had to order 3 sets from my supplier for laser-cutting and sheet-metal-works ) Please PM me if anybody is interested.

In the similar “Rudder”-Thread at Avsim-Forum, there are some pictures.

SloMo

6 Likes

Hi. I assume that these work well with FS2020?
Thanks.