Which rudder pedals?

Yes, they work perfectly with FS2020 and all other sims (FS2, XPlane, DCS, Elite) and without installing drivers or needing anything other than selecting axis to use in game.

Cheers. I will try to get some.

Just bought Logitech rudder, brakes work fine but that’s all. Rudder dead. Assignment came will download but still dead. They have no customer support for these per Logitech phone call. Sadly I guess they are going back. Been reading but cannot find a work around.

Have you checked the assignments in MSFS? Also worth checking in windows joystick settings as well.

As above poster said, verify with Windows ‘Game Controller Settings’. That device should have 3 axes.

I just bought the Virpil Rudder pedals, I thought I could wait for the Honeycomb Charlie, but the nightmare of having to cope with the Thrustmaster plastic pedals for more 6 or 8 months, made me decide it was time to make my landings more enjoyable, I like sightseeing, so I do lots of short haul flights. I do have a Virpil Control Panel and quality is great.

1 Like

Good to hear. I can’t afford the panels in the meantime but I’m hopeful to get them in the near future. I’d like one that has a gear handle on it.

Which rudder set did you get? Did you receive them yet or did you just order them? How easy was it for you? It was a death struggle to get the Throttles and now they’ve got the new version with detentes. It looks, though, like it’s easier to purchase now because they’ve modified their marketing system. When I got my gear, it took me 4 weeks to get everything because you just couldn’t order all at once. Your basket would be empty before you got to checkout. It sold faster than NVIDIA cards :laughing:

Got myself a Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder - could not be happier with it :crossed_fingers:

Hi there,
I bought them yesterday on their website, after reading this topic and seeing your pics, so it was the “half-foot”. 30 min before, I went to the sim and did around 10 landings to analyse my behaviour with the pedals in terms of where I was putting my feet (the plastic Thurstmaster I have since July - when I started with the flight sim X-plane - have the “entire foot”. I was lucky to buy the honeycomb alpha in July and also a thurstmaster throttle that I no longer use, since I have got the TCA pack (another long wait) - but before having that I needed the buttons - I’m not a real simmer, I started because I couldn’t travel (COVID) so dealing with the mouse/keyboard was totally out of the question if I wanted to put a plane on the air…- I bought in October the Control that had only buttons (to have some physical commands as playing with the mouse was a nightmare - I also like flying with strong winds🤣- landing gear/mixture/propeller/HDG/ALT/VS etc ) . I think they will take around 15/20 days as a back order. When they arrive I let you know. Now I’m waiting for the Honeycomb Bravo, ordered back in September.

2 Likes

These are the VKB Mk. IV pedals I bought.
All metal and contactless sensor.
Relatively cheep for quality equipment.
No ‘stiction’ like plastic parts. Super smooth and accurate.

Small and compact. If you have space or a sim pit, the Virpil (and other metal) pedals look great. If you share an office desk you need something that doesn’t obstruct your feet. Easy to push or pull out with your feet to use, and never slip when in use on carpet or smooth floor. Your heal rests on one part and you operate with toes.

Very similar to real helicopter pedals (think Robinson).
Only down side is no toe brake.
However, I recently used the software (optional as no driver or config needed), to create a button press when moved to extreme left or right position. In game I bind those to left and right toe brake buttons to steer tail draggers while taxiing. Works quite well. There are other ‘virtual toe brake’ options available. Note I also use analog brake lever on my joystick for normal dual braking. (This is similar to Russian jets.)

I bought them before Covid. They arrived quickly and very well packaged.
Store link: T-Rudders Mk.IV – VKBcontrollers.com

2 Likes

Indeed they look great and elegant, the day I decided to “give up the Charlie rudder pedals and the nonsense of future crazy waiting lists” I looked at some reviews - all positive- of those you have, but the nonexistent of a brake was a no to me, also there are out of stock in Europe. Although I started gaming/flight sim last year (when I was a child I played a lot, and my favourite was at 12 y/o- Nintendo Game&watch). I do have my brain setup with driving (cars) and the break is on the foot I’m also left handed so I’m a captain :wink:. This week I had to move my work station to another small desk made for iMac with wheels that I can move around, since the sim hardware is taking all my available space to work…anyway, the Virpils compared with the horrible thrustmaster plastic stuff are quite elegant :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi ,

My Virpil rudder pedals arrived yesterday, the back order took a while this time, it also took me around 5 hours to have them working (installing and uninstalling the VPC software) but they are so great, they feel very real compared with the thrustmaster plastic one’s. I’m very happy with them and now I can finally have some fun in flying and landing with strong winds :slightly_smiling_face: and also this drama of buying and waiting for stuff that is not available in the market is finally over. Hope you manage to get yours. Take care, S

3 Likes

Glad you got it set up. I love these pedals and frankly everything that comes from Virpil. I got mine months before my initial post. I’ve had them for 10 months now.

Indeed you already had them!!!l :slightly_smiling_face:Their quality is great, the metal feeling. It’s a shame they don’t have a yoke…the only thing I would be happy to buy now (since the main the set up is done - I also have the Airbus stick - again a plastic feeling) would be a panel, PFD/MFDwith knobs (I have the little Logitech which helps to have a better view of the HGD/ALT/speed). Let’s hope they get more product in the market as it definitely a growing market.

I am thinking of getting the Trustmaster T.Flight pedals, can anyone confirm the physical footprint of these pedals? I need them to fit under a desk. Can’t find overall dimensions as part of specs online…

I just saw that Milan Flight Gear have some new v3 MFG Crosswinds available, and they also have a hydraulic damper assembly for both the v3, and the v2 which I currently own.

Supposedly the hydraulics, with 23 discrete adjustments, are meant to make them feel more realistic. I would imagine that’s to assist with that effect where you don’t comfortably adjust by carefully applying pressure to both pedals as you steer.

I think I’ll buy the V3s, plus hydraulics, and update you when they arrive.

1 Like

Hi,

they are ca. 34cm high, width is 50cm and the depth is 30cm.

If you are interested, i can send you a STEP-File, because i made a 3D-CAD-Model of mine, before i added my FFB-Motor to the backside of the thrustmasters.

This FFB-setup is working flawlessly for ca. 150h now. I am very happy with his.

SloMo

Could you supply a link to the Avsim forum post on your FFB rudder? It’s rather hard to find.

Rudder Pedals - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

The Thread is named “Rudder pedals” in the MSFS-subforum.

I am very sattisfied with the precision of the TPR. I managed to connect my FFB-Addon with adjustable excentrical bushes on the connecting-bar on the TPR-Rear. So there is no loss n precision between FFB-Motor and Pedal-position.
TPR stays untouched (beside the removed centering springs ) and connected ( neccessary for the brake-axis), and you can choose to use either the signal of the motor-decoder or the hall-sensor.
In the result, there is no noticeable difference.

Regards

SloMo

I use TM pendular rudders and I‘m very happy with them. Sturdy, all metal construction, hall sensors, and they move just like ruder panels in a real plane:

4 Likes