White box appears around cockpit screens. How to disable?

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

NO

Brief description of the issue:

White border appears on MFD screens when mouse cursor is hidden but pointing at screen.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Latest update 1.33.8.0

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

2 Likes

Yes

Appears to be related with latest issues around white dot / erratic mouse behaviour and losing interaction with cockpit instruments, all in latest update

1 Like

If I move the mouse, then look about with my head tracker, the white box won’t appear.
If I move the mouse, then press one of the hat switch buttons on my yoke, the box appears.
If I move the mouse, hit a hat switch button, then briefly move the mouse, the box won’t appear.

It’s linked to the hat switch changing quick views i.e. L1-L3, R1-R3, pilot view etc. I tend to press in the hat switch, which resets whatever view you are currently in to the pilot view.

I don’t have a console controller.

also have this issue in all aircraft with “screen”, with head tracker as I move my view, the “box” appears and disappears on different “screens”

Possible duplicate or related to (I get the dot and the frame all the way through AAU2, so I guess I’m just super lucky):

Mouse cursor / pointer behaving weird, white dot in the middle of the screen and missed clicks on interaction with cockpit - Bug Reports / Aircraft & Systems - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Reported in AAU2 and they are still open to vote on. They are logged with bug-logged so it looks like it is being stared at.

AAU2 Beta: worse performance and odd white frame around MFDs in PMDG 737-800 - Aircraft & Avionics Update 02 Beta / AAU_02 Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

White dot visible since 1.33.3.0 (only partially fixed in 1.33.8.0 release version) - Aircraft & Avionics Update 02 Beta / AAU_02 Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

A bigger deadzone in my rudder pedals helped me a bit, but caveat emptor etc.

1 Like

Yeah this needs to be fixed ASAP, super super annoying.

The official bug thread being tracked: AAU2 Beta: worse performance and odd white frame around MFDs in PMDG 737-800 and other aircraft