White dot constant for Xbox controller on a pc

That’s fine by me. An option would be good.

1 Like

More than anything else in this game, I just want a way to turn off this stupid white dot. I use a controller but have no use for the dot. NONE. I never interact with the cockpit using the controller, I use a mouse for that, so the white dot is utterly pointless and insanely annoying.

Please, Asobo, I implore you. Let us disable this. I’ve been asking for over a year and it’s such a simple request.

4 Likes

I even can’t be bothered with the workaround any more as I use the mouse so much. Except on final. Can’t stand having the white dot getting caught up in something then.

Would like a response by the developers showing that they hear, not here , in the development update ,acknowledging that this is an issue for regular simmers that use a controller in the pc version.

3 Likes

At this very moment, after the second build, the controller cursor became even more a nightmare. It’s messed up in so many aspects.

Both it and mouse cursor are still highlighting cockpit panel itens even when hidden, which is SO ANNOYING when flying.

It became completely non-functional to choose IFR flights in the world map. Also, checklist handling became a tragedy.

I can’t understand what’s the point of adding a new accessibility feature to navigate menus using directional buttons, while destroying the usability of the controller cursor itself.

I’m so sure it became even more difficult now for those who actually need accessibility options, because there are things that are literally impossible to do right now.

And there’s still absolutely no feedback here…

3 Likes

Its annoying when for so long there are so many posts and they keep ignoring them. I’ve stopped flying since the llast beta. Dont wanna buy a joystick or an expensive setup., I like flying with the controller but now dont like it. I dont mind stop flying I can live without msfs… I even returned to xp11

1 Like

I applaud accessibility functionality but let us turn them off if we don’t need them. I DONT want a dot in the middle of my screen ever! I DONT want my cockpit screens to highlight with a glow around them ever!

I don’t even understand the point of these features to be honest; the screens don’t light up when the mouse pointer is over them. Why do Asobo think that controller users need this? They don’t. They aren’t stupid.

I’m usually so chilled and laid back, but this whole situation is infuriating. I’ve tried asking nicely. I’ve sent in polite requests to Zendesk, I’ve made posts about it, and they keep getting ignored. It’s not a big ask. Asobo, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give us an option to disable the white dot and screen highlighting when using a controller. It makes the whole thing feel like a game rather than a sim, and its so easy to solve.

6 Likes

Thats right…more of a game than of a sim.
I wish I was a modder and try fix it myself.
The whole annoying thing about that is that they dont even explain why., for what reason they cant give an option to toggle this feauture on and off…

1 Like

I have a decent joystick, throttle and pedals. But since I started simming on the TV in the living room i switched to the controller. It’s not bad actually, with a bit of sensitivity tuning.

But there’s that pesky dot. Last flight on final approach and I just wanted to change the view a little. The white dot happened to “land” on a switch in the cockpit, which rendered the A and B buttons for throttle useless, at a fairly critical point in the flight :confounded:

Perhaps we’re too small a group? Only 16 votes…

3 Likes

Another issue (with the votes) is that there are so many fragmented threads about this. Mods usually merge them, but for some reason they haven’t with this subject. There are two running concurrently right now, for example, and then how many more over the last year. I know I always try to chime in, so I reckon must have been 3 or 4 separate ones in the last few months.

1 Like

I’ve been using the workaround because I absolutely can’t stand that dot constantly stuck right in front of my face. Problem is, in the past all you had to do to get rid of it was push “Up” on the d-pad, but now you have to click the left stick, push left on the d-pad, click the left stick again, and then push left on the d-pad once more. The reason for pushing left a second time is that this workaround kept setting my parking brake while in flight, which led to some unpleasant landings. Pushing it a second time releases the parking brake once again.

Even the previous option of simply pushing “Up” on the d-pad was a constant irritation in and of itself because if flaps were extended it would raise them. WHY is it so difficult to just add a toggle to turn the dot off completely? Or at the very least, let us change the color attribute of the dot to “transparent” if there’s some technical reason why it can’t be completely dispensed with.

I’m another of those XBOX users who uses the controller along with keyboard and mouse. I don’t need the dot. Having to fight with it all the time is like suddenly having a bee buzzing around the cockpit, and trying to swat the bee while still maintaining control over the aircraft. It wrecks the experience.

3 Likes

Oh, I know all too well what you’re talking about, as I’ve also had to implement a second left push to deactivate the parking brake. Just too much finger gymnastics at busy moments in the flights, feels like I’m playing a first-person shooter…

3 Likes

Yup. And the irony is that in most FPS you can completely disable the crosshair. (The white dot is basically a crosshair; it is just showing you the centre of the screen).

4 Likes

That’s right ! Funny hah?

Well to put this option in the menu, if they ever decide to …, it wll take them months…

Arggghh I am so sad with this. I just did a beautiful night flight over Japan and every time I look at the scenery out of the window there’s a glaring white dot in the way. It is brighter than a star.

Aaargh. Well at least you knew where the centre of the screen was…

1 Like

haha I dont either have a complaint about that . I am always happy to know where the centre is…

1 Like

Here’s a simple thing I was thinking about earlier today.

We know how many people here always say these builds are beta, that we must be prepared to deal with unpleasant issues, etc.

So, even though I can’t disagree with this statement, the biggest problem is when we accept some problems that DIRECTLY affect the GAMEPLAY ITSELF, making people not playing (testing) at all, because they decided to downgrade to the stable release or simply prefer to not even start the product, waiting for a fix (wasting a precious time for the team to receive feedback).

For two days I simply preferred to play hours of Red Dead Redemption 2 in instead of my Flight Simulator daily routine, because I know the controller cursor on Xbox is so bugged to the point of not even being able, currently, to select IFR in instead of GPS in the world map.

Very true. I suppose I should be grateful for the guidance.

I mean, when walking around the street etc. I always wish there was a bright white dot directly in the centre of my vision, just so I know I’m looking in the right direction.

2 Likes