White dot visible since 1.33.3.0 (fixed on PC beta 1.34.11.0)

A suggestion from a friend worked to regain mouse control, move from Lock to Legacy and the mouse came back

Not much to add, but to confirm I’m also seeing “the dot”, so have voted. On Series using the V1 yoke.

What is the actual, normal point of it anyway? A way to reduce motion sickness in those susceptible when using controller? Seems weird. :thinking:

Edit: Just seen that it’s “bug logged” so fingers crossed for a fix.

1 Like

I am using PC , no mouse control lock or legacy in the commend.
this is a bug of AAU2, It has nothing to do with any setting options.

1 Like

It’s not as I am not on. BETA and I have this white dot. It only started to appear from last night

1 Like

Interesting, I had the white dot and no mouse control, legacy helped with the mouse but obviously did nothing for the dot. Best of luck regaining mouse control. :+1:

To be fair, it’s a beta, so yeah, bug are to be expected.

That said, Let’s push it as a bug to be fixed since it is a disruption we players don’t want to see in the game later :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here, a white dot appears and disappears randomly. I’m not using an Xbox controller, but I’m using eye tracking (Tobii).

1 Like

Nope
edit
PC,Ms-Store

1 Like

There was apparently a workaround with controller assignments, but it seems Microsoft is actively trying to prevent hiding it for good based on what I’ve seen of the workaround no longer working. There is a mod that is supposed to remove it, but it’s a stand alone .exe that modifies the memory somehow to remove it. That had caused some hesitation from others because of how it works, and it hasn’t worked reliably for me (the white dot would still come back in the same session).

I’ve voted for the option to remove it thread mentioned above because while I use an Xbox style controller, I’m on PC and thus use a mouse for cockpit interaction. That it’s now worse on a beta version tells me MS still isn’t listening and is still actively making the sim worse against 99.9% of feedback on the issue (as in I’ve literally only seen one comment in support of having the white dot). I feel sorry for anyone on an OLED screen.

2 Likes

Same here - just since the update.

1 Like

What is odd is I am not seeing this in all aircraft. It seems extremely aggresssive in the PMDG 737.

However, I flew the 747-8 this morning and the Junkers F 13 this afternoon and no dot was present in either of those.

EDIT: I am wrong. I was second-guessing my statement and reloaded both of those aircraft. It’s there, I must have filtered it out!

I flew in the JPLogistics C152 tonight from EHLE DCT ELBURG DCT KAMPEN DCT URK DCT EHLE.
Flying with joystick.
I saw the white dot not when I moved the mouse, but when the mouse disappeared the white dot appeared.
I use TrackIR and the white dot disappeared when I looked far left or far right.
It seemed that the dot disappeared altogether when I flew from Kampen to Urk and back to EHLE, so west bound. So a silly thought is that it appears when flying north bound, but that needs more testing.
DX12

EDIT: Tested some more, and came to the conclusion that it is (of course) not a ‘north bound white dot’. Strange thing, though, is that sometimes the dot disappears when I move my head slightly left or right (TrackIR), sometimes I need to move my head further to make it disappear. It’s a very strange dot indeed…

I may have found out what seems to cause the dot interfering with mouse operation bug.
If you have any view functions bound to any controller hat switches it causes issues (or at least it did in my case).

I unbound all the functions off the Alpha yoke hat switch and it worked fine. I suspect this is the nuclear option however and it may only be one or 2 bugged functions.

edit, no it must have been something else I did since the problem came back

1 Like

I think at this point it is everyone with AAU2, some people get it more intensely or are more aware of it than others. It is possible to have the flashing mouse icon without the white dot, it is the same problem.

How would you tell if you were on AAU2?

Version number 1.33.3.0 in the title bar.

Worse still is in OBS I can hide the mouse pointer when recording but not this dot! … get rid for those of us that do not want or do not need it.

One of the weirder things about the insufferable dot is that, at least on XBOX, it can still be temporarily disabled by clicking left stick and then any direction on the d-pad, but that trick only works when the autopilot is engaged. If the autopilot is not engaged, the trick works for a moment, but the dot comes back the instant you move the flight controls. Very strange. I don’t understand how the autopilot would be linked to the behavior of this dot, but it is.

1 Like

There is a new workaround for Xbox which I recently wrote about here: How to get rid of the White dot in cockpit view (Not working under SU12) (Xbox, controller only) - #105 by atticusmoh

You basically have to fly after toggling freelook mode, and remap some other controls. But it works for me and a few others on Xbox and has made the sim enjoyable again.

But I 100% agree, the issue needs a proper fix from the developers.

1 Like

Came here to post how I dislike the white dot and find it useless. Please make it optional or please delete entirely. Thank you.

1 Like