White dot visible since 1.33.3.0 (fixed on PC beta 1.34.11.0)

I’m sorry Wolfen but I cannot agree with the sentiment of your post. While I’ve stated that I personally don’t understand why this would have been added as a feature that doesn’t mean that the dev team haven’t run a thorough and robust process in making the decision.

Anyway this is all pure speculation as at the moment we’ve no information as to why the white spot is now visible and the beta forum is more about reporting (suspected) bugs and constructive feedback than general chat so I’ll just hold my thoughts until official feedback is received :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The idea they are doing this deliberately to annoy us is ludicrous.

7 Likes

It is annoying - so keep voting to get it changed - seems to be the most voted on issue to date

2 Likes

As i said in my earlier video post - for me its fixable - but only as long as you stay inside the cockpit.

im simply talking from experience but ignorance is bliss so lets go with it being an oversight or a carefully considered feature

Me too, I thought I was going insane…

1 Like

Same problem here in VR. Until now I’ve never had a problem with the white dot issue.

The sim is kind of unusable now. I’m really not sure what causes it. I’m on PC using a yoke, pedals and TQ. I have an xbox controller but it’s turned off.
If I move the mouse I see the cursor and dot flashing sporadically and it essentially stops you from using the mouse to interact with the cockpit. It’s like it keeps rapidly switching focus between the mouse cursor and the dot breaking the lock interaction mode.

I don’t want to revert out of the beta and roll the dice on a wrecked install so I guess no more flight sim for me until they hopefully fix this in the next beta update.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the ‘incompatible GPU drivers’ popup. I need to try reverting my drivers to see if it helps at all.

1 Like

It won’t be a driver update, but a design decision I expect. Or a regression to some degree.

Well it’s safe to say, for PC users at least, we don’t want it.

2 Likes

A suggestion from a friend worked to regain mouse control, move from Lock to Legacy and the mouse came back!

2 Likes

See comment above, set mouse control from lock to legacy. :grin::+1:

Yeah, that explains it, and also perhaps why I have never seen it in the past either as I only use Legacy mode. That dot is nothing more than a helper for those not using a mouse.

What they need to do is have it as an option to not display it at all, even in Lock mode.

5 Likes

Here we have some 170 users requesting an option to disable this useless dot when using Xbox controllers on PC and consoles. Please add your vote too if you haven’t before.

4 Likes

Have it now also, on pc.

But do remember, this is a Beta version…Expect weird, new issues.

Opt out of beta if you can’t tolerate it. No need for speculation.

2 Likes

Indeed. As we have been saying for 2 years. :pray:t3:

6 Likes

This caused my mouse to flash and frequent white spots, so that I could not control the plane.

3 Likes

The flickering mouse could not let me manipulate the continuously maintained switch, and it also made me very stuck when I moved when I was shading.

2 Likes

I also ran into the white dot on a PC. I’ve never seen this before. This also gives me trouble interacting with some switches on the Citation Longitude.

I have two computers. Neither have an Xbox controller.

My newest computer does have an Razer Orbweaver chroma keyboard. I will try the update on this one next.

Anyway, I have opted out of the beta on my older computer until this issue is resolved.

After updating my newest computer to NVidia 531.29, it reset MSFS 2020 DX12 to DX11 with Vsync. Basically, I am not seeing the white dot. It did, however, show a couple of intermittent times for a very short while.

EDIT: Changing back to DX12 did not change the white dot behavior. When I switch from an outside view to an inside view, the white dot shows up for a short time. Then, it goes away.