Who is hyped for WU6?

Thank you👍

I wanna see the update first before I get hyped.

2 Likes

I do most of my flying in Switzerland so I’m pretty hyped. The alps could use some improvements for sure.
I hope they don’t just focus on big cities. My friend lives in Interlaken, Switzerland and that region could really use some love.

Lake Thun and Lake Brienz have lines in the lakes that act as sort of barriers. Its as if one side is higher than the other so maybe a height maps issues.
I’ve seen these lines in other bodies of water though so its not something unique to Switzerland.

Not sure if there will be that many sim fixes. I thought that is what SU 6 was for. I hope they fix things that go broken in SU5

3 Likes

I “lost” the hability to feel hype for any WU… only “north hemisphere” is important to microsobo

1 Like

Is it not supposed to be released today 6 or 7 Sept.?

Tomorrow the 7th.

It’s already the 7th…in Germany…might be later this day

We need a big update for XBox User for shure. There are a lot of bugs at the moment and we dont have too many third party developer…the FBW320 is from high interest but I read about the simconnect thing. We also know that the pc version i 1 year in front…I‘m really excited about the WU6! flying over germany will be great i hope.

1 Like

Confident; never had any major issue with updates so far… fingers crossed :slight_smile:

I’ll be happy if the stutters on final don’t come back. And fix the ATC altitude bug. That’s really all I’m hoping for. I can live withe scenery the way it is.

2 Likes

I’ve heard it’s 12:00 Eastern Time (US). That could be 12:00 AM or 12:00 PM. I don’t think it is 12:00 AM, that would be midnight there. When it updates start 12:00 PM (noon) in New York, in Europe the update will arrive 6:00 hours tomorrow morning :slight_smile:

They did promise that…

Based on the history of these updates I’m totally not hyped.

4 Likes

It certainly appears that way……:thinking::beer::duck:

They haven’t fixed what they broke in the last two System Updates so given that they have marched on with another World Update, I guess we know what the priorities are right now. They’ve made minimal comments on whether they think WU6 will address any of that so I’ve reached the point that I will be happy if it just runs as the expectations from a year ago have been lowered to a bar even the two year old grandchild can jump.

4 Likes

It will be at around 1600UTC based on previous updates.

5 Likes

They will supply a slider that will essentially turn off the object culling introduced in SU5, which should stop the popping in of scenery objects. Unfortunately, that will probably come with a return of stutters. You can have high performance (with object popping) but no stutters - or no object popping but with stutters. Perhaps I’m wrong, but I think it is going to be one or the other…

I do expect the ATC altitude bug will be fixed in any case.

I always get so excited…like a kid on Christmas! This time I’m hoping for better visuals like before su5. Other than that my sim is running great at the moment and kind of afraid to rock the boat this time​:pray::fearful:

1 Like

Already 7th here in Australia also, thankyou

su5 was my first update, so… no, not really looking forward to wu6. would much rather have su4.