Who wants a Zeppelin?

C’mon…you know you want it. Having to change between crew positions to maintain all the machinery.

Cmon…give us the Height Climber Mod

1 Like

Bill Lyons Graf Zeppelin is still one of my all-time favorite fs purchases. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do and I have been keeping up with Redwing’s progress on the LZ-129 Hindenburg, which will come with a full explorable interior. If you want to keep up with progress, head on over to the Redwings discord server.

But aside from the Hindenburg, what other zeppelins would you like to see? My option would be the LZ-126 Los Angeles.

4 Likes

Airships, at least modern ones, look to be coming in MSFS 2024.

Great article just out on sustainable aviation, with some modern airship info as well: Can Air Travel Become Sustainable?

I’m not sure how the experience will translate to virtual flight for repeat use though.
By their nature they are slow and ponderous, so might be interesting initially but will they maintain long term interest in the hanger? I guess you’d have to have at least one though, for practicing docking on top of the Empire State.

Don’t you want old ones like the Hindenburg or her sister ship the LZ-130?

For historical interest, always, sure.

But I’m not much of a tubeliner pilot either, my personal interests are in the smaller aircraft.

Oh yes, and blimps!

I take one K-class Navy blimp, thank you!

Radial engines, used for anti-sub warfare in both the Atlantic and Pacific theater.

More infos on Wikipedia

In answer , nope , no thank you , I don’t want airships and/or blimps in the sim , personally i think they’d be too slow and really boring to fly

2 Likes

Not even little bitty blimps?

Love a Zeppelin…
Led Zeppelin

1 Like

Probably interesting at first until you get how they work aerodynamically and how you control them, IF they are done properly. But then they’ll probably become boring rather quickly.

Yes, please. And a USS Saratoga to land her on at sea.

1 Like

Not exactly a rigid airship like the Zeppelins (a semi-rigid to be precise) still a famous airship that set his name in aviation history

IMG_0303

Seems to me to be a waste of developer resources since, like has been said, they will be interesting for 10 minutes and then no one will fly one again.

But maybe all bugs and issues have finally been fixed and there is nothing for these developers to do. In which case, go for it.

Speak for yourself. I know people that love the gliders, for instance, but I have never once loaded into one and have no desire to do so. Some people disdain airliners, others fly nothing else. Some love the helicopters, or the various GA planes, or the miljets or the warbirds, and again others couldn’t care less.

To each their own. I say, let me fly the USS Los Angeles, the USS Akron or Macon, the Graf Zepplelin or even the R-101. It would be an amazing challenge to navigate one of those across the Atlantic, or up the U.S. Pacific coast, whatever.

2 Likes

(Sorry,could not resist)

1 Like

Who wants a cigar in that Zeppelin?
And don´t dare to rub rubber soles on the carpet too much and touch a door knob afterwards, or else…

You do know there are zeppelins that use Helium, right?

The American rigid airships I mentioned all used helium.

I thought the original one and only Zeppelin is mentioned to be simulated, the Hindenburgh :smiley:

A modern blimp would be cool too indeed.