Who wants a Zeppelin?

I really do like Zeppelins - I even have a Zeppelin watch - so can’t wait for this project to be ready and fly in MSFS.

Zeppelina

1 Like

Where can I get one?

Zeppelines are truly awesome because you all can fly without being in need of having tenthousands over tenthousands of bucks at hand right now (or maybe even 100k upwards) just to spend for your hobby to build something to fly in your garden.

This is how you get your own personal Zeppelin:

All you need is a robust garden chair, a few dozens of helium-filled balloons, and two strong electrical RC plane engines with two propellers mounted to the left and the right behind the chair, a battery and two on off switches to control these propellers.

Awesome - using the same physics as a Zeppelin but better than any Zeppelin, don´t you think? :smiley:
Oh I wish I had that awesome idea more early, that would have been an awesome summer project… But I am sure more than ten YouTubers have already build such a thing.

1 Like

Quite a bit before youtube :wink:

And even older than that if you look at the bottom of the article in the other events section:

In 1937, Al Mingalone, an American photographer for Paramount News previously used 32 weather balloons for a feature photography assignment at Old Orchard Beach in Maine. While he hung suspended from the balloons by a parachute harness in order to take aerial film footage, Mingalone’s mooring rope broke and he was lifted approximately 700 feet (210 m) into the air. A clergyman, Father James J. Mullen, spotted the incident, and after a chase of some 13 miles (21 km), used a 22-caliber rifle to shoot out two of the balloons, thus allowing the photographer to return safely to the ground.[1]

1 Like

Check this out, it is a very cool website how the watches are designed and some old Zeppelin footage : Zeppelin Watches • Made in Germany
I bought one in the UK, Zeppelin Watches | Official UK Stockist - Jura Watches but there are shops all over Europe.

They did this already. Aint you seen Up?

1 Like

Technically that’s not a Zeppelin

Wait until you see all the enhancements I have planned for the AirChair2000 :wink:
(Maybe it will not be as fast as the Hindenburgh but it is not designed for speed…)

What if you put a metal mesh around the balloons to make it more rigid?

Yeah, Schwarz made an attempt in the early years :smile:

it is WIP by redwing :wink:

Some more shots from my project given the interest on this thread, can’t wait to see how physics in the new sim work out. Texture work is on pause whilst I conclude modelling, now around 75%

6 Likes