Who's keeping or cancelling your XBOX subscription? Undecided?

Just curious - I don’t think we can do a poll here, so figured I’d just ask:

Of those of you who purchased a monthy XBOX subscription for the purpose of trying out FS 2020, who’s keeping it? Who’s canceling?

I’m a bit torn & haven’t made up my mind - frankly, the ground and sky environments are great and it’s what I look forward to, and the airports are pretty good – however, I feel a lot of what was shown (I wouldn’t say promised, exactly) doesn’t seem to be implemented or working properly, e.g. weather, avionics, real-time traffic.

Interested to hear other’s opinions.

Like you, I would like to know. I’m thinking of downloading it to try before I buy. I fly in VR so I do not have a good setup for it. That is the main reason for me to wait. Also the bugs. But I do want to see if my system can handle it

1 Like

I got gamepass for PC specifically for this and I’m keeping it. If I play for 13 months it will only then start to cost more but if I play any other game during the next year then I’m saving money. Originally it was to see if my PC would run it adequately and now it’s just good financial sense.

1 Like
  1. I am thinking bout buying the standard and then hope for a sale during winter or spring, so the premium deluxe-upgrade is cheap, and the total price is the same or lower as if I buy the Prem-deluxe now.
  2. Buy standard and buy aftermarket stuff to tailor my needs around these countries
  3. Another option is going to X-plane 11, buy UK, Ireland and Netherlands TrueEarth-packs and perhaps an aftermarket plane. (Wait a year or 2 for FS to mature)
  4. Last option is to stop flying and wait 6 months then go back into FS2020

By the way I am not someone who hops from plane to plane but rather fly 2 or 3 the same planes and I generally stick to Ireland, UK, Benelux and N-Zealand, so premium-deluxe makes no sense somehow. Would love to buy the 172 gauge separately, tho

2 Likes

I’m keeping my gamepass until i buy the Premier deluxe version

1 Like

I wish I could refund the game really. But a month after the purchase, Steam won’t give me that. Sadly, I am not flying the game, It just doesn’t have the basic features I was expecting. So, I am using another simulator.
A good point to consider is that the game will be good at some point in its life cycle and by that moment you will want to buy it. Anyways, I wish I refunded the game, or I wish I went the game pass route :frowning:

2 Likes

I will keep the game pass for 3 months to see if FS improves.

At the moment it seems to be a ‘game’ and very little else. I f you take out the scenery and weather there’s not much left if you want a true sim.

I fly Xplane in VR for real simulated flight and just play around in FS, simply because at present it is incapable of offering anything like what is required from a true flight simulator, particularly for true IFR flying.

4 Likes

We are keeping Game Pass because my 7 year old son likes to play Goat Simulator

7 Likes

Haha nice isn’t that like 5 bucks on steam or something?

2 Likes

No idea, it probably is. I did just hear that Microsoft announced that Game Pass subscribers will also now get a free EA Play account and have access to all of their games. Not really sure what they have to offer but I’m sure it just made Game Pass a lot more economical and worthwhile to stay subscribed.

1 Like

I finally cracked, I took the gamepass at 1 euros to test, I was not convinced in the alpha/beta, I hesitated until today, I could see a lot of improvement, but, for the moment, I am not more convinced. I’m still hesitating, there might be, at least I hope, some more improvement, but I doubt it, I think they’re using us, PC gamers, to optimize the game for the transition to XBOX, but that’s all. All the rest for the expectations of simmer or pilot, will have to pay the 900 third parties who will propose their addons. today, it will be little to be settled in the future, but for the moment the facts are there, but all is not pink as some find it, but good each one sees midday at its door. The most deplorable thing, I find, is that 37000 airports are sold, but MDR, everything is false, the taxiway, the parking, the names of the gates or car park, the ground markings, the lights, the buildings, the runway numbers, the names of the airports, the planes, in short, what can I say, there is everything, but all badly materialized for the moment… IA Blackshark, Weather, Traffic live…
maybe it will come in a while, but I have some reserves anyway… the proof, with NAVblue and Navigraph…

1 Like

Cancelling…So glad I found out about the 1 dollar trial for the Game Pass because I was legit about to drop 200 on the Premium edition and give MS a pass hoping they would put out pure gold. Turns out they put out pure ■■■■ and I’ll be letting that pass expire, and they definitely won’t be getting my 200 lol. Hmu when you can get your weather mechanics working or when your nav systems actually function like they do IRL. What an absolutely embarrassing release for Asobo.

1 Like

I cancelled the game pass after trying it out for a few days.
…and bought Premium Deluxe at the same time since I’m convinced that it’s worth it.

3 Likes

Just bought the Sim for another Friend that was using Game pass

1 Like

To call this a sim, in its current state, is pretty laughable. Maybe half or the features, that would make this game a true simulation, are very bugged or completely broken.

2 Likes

Keeping mine, Since I have the Xbox also

1 Like

I got the GamePass a day before the Sim released. I know there are problems but what I saw was enough for me to purchase the Premier Deluxe model. The following day I cancelled my GamePass subscription. Not looked back since, just happy I could be there from day of release. Even happier I raised the money to get the Premier Deluxe. I have P3D and XPlane, not played them since but they are there if I consider I need them.

3 Likes

Cancelling my $1 subscription. Nothing else on game pass really excites me and keeping this at 5/month is not a long term play. Will jump back in after improvements are made and they actually back up what their marketing team has sold.

I also don’t like their developer interaction either. Weekly updates and nothing else. Patches seem to be monthly when arcadey games are throwing out hotfixes daily. It’s like they understand how to take advantage of simmers vs trying to be better.

1 Like

Gamepass is going out of beta on the 17th. It will then cost 10 euro per month.

Edit: If you subscribe before the 17th then it will just cost 4 euro per month. Even if you subscribe for 12 months, etc. After 17th it’s 10 euro.

1 Like

I got game pass on trial as I bought an Xbox One Controller to replace a dying one I use for the PC. So mine has long since expired.

Had I purchased it though; no. I wouldn’t keep it. I used it long enough to know whether I was happy with the game and performance on my PC, then I bought it. Game pass has no further use to me.

1 Like