Who's keeping or cancelling your XBOX subscription? Undecided?

Arcadey games are far less complex and are likely much easier to make hotfixes for. Relax. It also sounds like you have a video game mentality about this, when you need to have a simulator mentality. That’s your first big mistake.

I always grin when i see one of your copy-pasted posts :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Kind of hard to have a simulator mentality when it fails to simulate so many broken aircraft systems.

1 Like

I dont know why Its so hard for so many of these fan bois to admit MS over-promised and under-delivered. You can still support this sim and believe one day they will get it up to the standard they promised, while still believing that this initial release is far from acceptable and what they promised they would deliver.

2 Likes

CANCEL! Game pass is going up from $5 to $10 mid this month.

Gonna just buy MSFS straight up.

2 Likes

Pretty much this.

Also, are you saying simulator mentality is when there’s 0 tweets about the state of the game? There’s no employees or goto guys on the forums trying to answer questions on bugs and issues? They’re acting more like a old school company supporting something from the 2000s than a new product being delivered in 2020. The support and transparency gets me the most. Do we know what’s wrong with weather? Nope. Do they know tips n tricks to get people’s games running smoother or better? Nope. Do they acknowledge exactly what’s broken with all the autopilots and tell us what not to bother trying? Nope. It’s become a huge trial and error and a lot of these are putting off casuals like me from enjoying the game. I like my software bug free or at least I don’t want to start something up and run into bugs when they could have just made it known.

I’ll be back when they’re ready because it has promise. I can spot a good product from the design side and it’s polish/support phase. The former is there, the latter is severely lacking. I’m glad some of us saw that it needed a game pass trial before committing.

2 Likes

I played it with the $1 game pass deal, canceled it and bought the full game within a week. I’m hedging my bets on future support (which we already know we have) especially the VR update that’s coming - made more sense for me to buy the full version (and get more stuff with deluxe premium, like the 787) instead of pay $5 a month for the standard version missing some planes I wanted to fly.

1 Like

Too complex is code in software development for they over promised/hyped it up. You think none of them flew an autopiloted aircraft and did not think, this still needs work.

They could have went with a completely delivery model and did what they could handle.

Deliver their best planes, possibly the a320 and Cessna 152/172, and their bling bling icon a5. Fix those up properly. Then continue releasing and adding onto people’s licenses the extra planes as they’re developed. They didn’t do this knowing full well they were not ready.

2 Likes

I have a software quality mindset and a respect your customer mindset about this. My time is the most valuable. I do not want to fly 20 minutes in a loop back to the beginning of the transition because

1. the atc doesn’t tell me which runway until I get pass that point
  2. the nav system doesn’t understand how to goto a waypoint in the approach to sync back up

I also don’t want to fly in the opposite direction or feeling like my instructions were written by a lack of attention. It would have took someone a hour to proof read the bush trip navlogs. Or they could have just gave us unlimited fuel because that was a complete oversight.

Perhaps you should define for me what it means to be a simmer in terms of what you’re expecting with your money and the quality and support you get for your product? Why does simmer mean you put up with what a lot of us went through?

2 Likes

It’s what?

1 Like

Oof so it is! Glad i bought it now and didn’t rent it :smiley:

2 Likes

I had 9 months left on a live purchase so I just converted it to Ultimate. Gamepass is paid up through 7/2021 so keeping here.

Adding EA titles to xbox side as well. So i can save that 7 a month.

Gamepas Ultimate is staying the same price and is a much better value if you have an Xbox console as well.

1 Like

yepp…

1 Like

Have you not seen the notes what would be in the next patch? they released them after the last patch.

What would be the point to talk about it if they are currently working? It would only come down to people repeating the same things over and over and drag them into discussions about the price, VR, a career mode, a partnership with Google Maps (LOL) and 100 other things.

After the next patch they will make new patch notes. What is so hard to understand? If you are not happy wait for 6 months and check.

2 Likes

Yyep, sounds about time

Yes I am not happy with this update the thread once a week cadence. Also not happy with not telling us exactly what was not implemented even after it was discovered. Look at this list: https://www.flightsimulator.com/known-issues/. Seems like the flight simulator is in a good spot. Look at all those issues and how many are solved. There’s no link to this more “updated” thread: - Known Issues - (Last modified: 9/10/2020), but all they say about some issues that have existed since the ALPHA is “We are looking into the bug reports and will provide additional information.” I mean they’ve had these bug reports a while. At least tell us to avoid certain things like not trying to look at animals for any achievement.

The lack of substance and transparency is what’s really disappointing. I am allowed to say what I don’t like, right?

3 Likes

Should be releasing the next update at any time now. We should get our first real good look at whether MS/Asobo are serious about the issues many have been raising and how quickly they could implement big fixes. If this update doesn’t have much substance or meat to it concerning the many bugs, then we can come to the conclusion they are not that serious and could care less about anything other than lining their pockets. I dont want to hear “we have gotten reports and are looking into the issue” bs again this week. It needs to be substantive.

1 Like

We got high level bullet points on what was addressed. Update coming within 10days. I’m glad to know it’s coming but that’s going to be sept 20th ish, 1 month + 2 days since release? It’s a long time to leave ppl frustrated and in the dark besides “yes, it’s dark”.

1 Like

I cancelled my Xbox Gamepass and bought Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe on Steam. Since the XBox Gamepass will be more expensive from 17.9. on, the subscription was not worth the money for me anymore. The funny thing was that I was refunded the one Euro for the whole month. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Wished it was a little more detailed on some of the items. Could mean 1 minor thing will be fixed all the way up to completely functioning avionics. Guess we will find out in 10 days.

2 Likes