Why are the Market place downloads so slow?

Why has the market place become so slow to download from, It is taking forever and a day to download anything? Its been like this for a while now?

3 Likes

I’m attempting a new install, I’m about 20hrs in and it’s at 42%. The status bar flicks between “Please wait” and about 19.91mbit.

Is that normal?

That shouldn’t be normal, I was able to update a bunch of content the other day within an hour. Still way too slow IMO but not that slow.

Assuming your ISP isn’t throttling you, it could be a geographical thing but yikes.

1 Like

It was very slow yesterday too. I was only getting 5-7 Mbps while downloading a couple updates.

I think it’s a region-specific thing? I’m in the UK — I bought some stuff in the last MP mini-sale a couple of days ago but although it seemed slower than usual, it was certainly much faster than 5-7mbps!

Seems strange but I’ll leave it going for now. I get quite a bit of fluctuation and then it tops out at 20mbits/s, with Please wait. I have 508/508 packages though…

In the UK I am seeing similar problems. The last update was downloading at between 5 - 20mbit/s and at one point was stuck for quite a long period at zero. That 1.9Gbit download took about 3 hrs.

I’ve been trying to install the game on a brand new computer since yesterday afternoon (this is the next morning). What I noticed is that one of the partial downloads got stuck and the downloader tried to download it again and again for hours. This put me into a rate limited state on the CDN and between each download attempt it waited roughly 90-120 seconds.

I tried the usual workarounds of deleting the partial download, restarting the installer, without much success. It seems that you need to wait some time to get your luck with a different CDN.

I used a rate limited (NetLimiter) to cut back the available bandwidth for flight sim to 30MB/s to try to avoid the CDN cutting the download. But I don’t think there’s any effect.

Slow Download Speed Megathread - General Discussion & Community Support / Tech Talk - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

Like everyone else, I have this problem.
I had myself limited the bandwidth (data bandwith usage limit), which I have since returned to unlimited.
I didn’t believe it, but using a VPN as said here in another post (no ads, but my antivirus one) increased the download speed from 4-5 mbps to 40-45 mbps .I have a 100 mbps connection.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.