Why can't I make polls?

Hi there,

Before I answer your question, a couple of quick housekeeping things…

1. Your topic is a question about the forums and not a sim feature request. Topic moved to General Discussion

2. The forum-meta tag is intended to be used to help people find forum usage guides. I have replaced this tag with forum-feedback as we use this to easily find topics asking questions or making suggestions.

While forum polls are enabled on these forums, they are restricted to Trust Level 3 users and forum staff. This decision was made when we were configuring the public forums, the intent was to stop users from spamming the forums with topics that’s sole purpose was to display polls.

This restriction around TL3 users is something that can always be visited, but the decision would need to be made by Jayne and RoyalTot. I’ll leave this topic open to see what members of the community and the other moderators have to say.

That post covers the default principles and settings of Trust Levels. We have modified the Trust Level requirements and permissions to suit our needs, you can view more in our guide: Trust Levels and How To Advance

3 Likes