Why Is There Still Live Weather Issues?!?

My understanding from Asobo and the last few livestreams were live weather has been fixed… but I’ve noticed, more and more frequently, that live weather is NOT loading even on a first flight, correctly.

Anyone else noticing it’s gotten a bit worse?

5 Likes

Nope, has been working pretty great for me.
Could be area related though? Not sure.

For me, I’ve seen live weather work every single flight, but I must say, I don’t really do back to back flights.

4 Likes

Because machines aren’t perfect. Cloud services depend on servers and a good internet connection. Sometimes machines don’t work as they are supposed to. Experts say that imperfections are expected to continue for several million years at least.

2 Likes

No problems here, did six flights Today.

Other than 2 Q&As ago Seb stating the weather not loading was likely user error, there’s been no mention of broken weather in recent Q&As. I honestly don’t even think this is on their radar at all, even though we did what they asked and posted videos demonstrating weather not working. This issue is likely another one of those that will fall into a black hole.

I still have the issue myself of no weather on second flight, despite doing a full Windows and MSFS reinstall and running 100% vanilla. And I know it’s not a network issue with my home network, as my son also has MSFS and he’s never had weather issues.

I’ve also now encountered no weather on the first flight too - something I never had before SU3. Most time it works on the first flight, but the frequency of no weather at all seems to be increasing vs getting better.

Seropi

1 Like

ohhhh we’ve got a comic here everyone! :unamused:

2 Likes

Agreed @Crunchmeister71 - it was working pretty consistently for me the last few weeks, but I’ve noticed last week through today it’s rarely right.

1 Like

I too noticed the live weather was not accurate at all the last few days. I saw on the world map the cloud formations were old data. It was pouring/thick overcast at Seatac but the sim showed clear skies with clouds coming in from the West. I saw a post from MS that the weather had not been updating correctly, but it “should” be fixed now. The wind data was accurate, b/c that’s on a separate data server.
I will try it out tonight and I hope they have fixed it.

2 Likes

Previously, when weather worked, it was at least somewhat ok. I never found it too horribly off before from the world map or real world conditions, but now it’s just way out to left field.

I’ll set the world map filters to show areas with heavy rain. I select the field where I should be in a storm. The weather icon at the top right will show thunderstorms. It will show high winds. I spawn in to mostly clear skies with wind that doesn’t even come close to matching what was in the map screen in strength or direction. And the runways will have been selected based on what was displayed on the map screen, so I may be taking off with a tail or cross wind when there’s a much better runway available. Ditto for landings.

It’s really not been a good weather experience.

2 Likes

yep, this is what I thought as well.

It seems to be randomly occurred. I know I never had any live weather issues since for a few months now.

But I’m connecting to SEA servers where there’s not many people connecting there in the first place. Maybe it’s server load issue, maybe it’s connection issue. I dunno, but it seems to be random for most people.

I’ve tried all servers. My default is North America East, but I’ve manually chosen every server on the list. Makes absolutely no difference. Live weather on first flight, clear, 29.92, 225/3 on subsequent flights. Only way to get it working again is to restart the sim, or use the janky workaround (works, but has many associated annoyances).

Well ping and distance might be affecting as well. So if you’re in North America and you’re connecting to SEA server with a huge ping, then it might time out as well which might prevent you to load any live data anyway.

But yeah, it seems to be happening randomly to some people but not to other. Hmm, the perks of being in a SAS environment. Hahah.

If you have the issue and haven’t already, please put your vote so we can get this issue elevated to a level where they’ll actually look at it.

2 Likes

There’s nothing random about it. It’s ALWAYS like that and has been for me since November. ALWAYS. Regardless what server I’m connected to. My ping to my default server is less than 20ms normally. This isn’t an issue.

Like I said, even a fresh reinstall of Windows this past weekend hasn’t changed a thing, so it’s not something on my end. The thread I posted above shows a bunch of people (with video evidence) also having this issue.

There is a glitch that still exists where if you leave the default weather setting as live it only works for the first flight, any following flights the weather will appear as clear blue skies even though its still set to live. To get live wx to work repeatedly you have to leave the preset clear skies as default.

1 Like

Maybe you were affected by this issue which should have been solved now…

Yes a bunch of people having this issue. But not everyone having this issue. That’s what I meant by random. It happens to random people randomly and there doesn’t seem to be any pattern to it.

Sure, it always happens to you, and it always happens to a bunch of other people. But I’m also saying that it never happens to me anymore since last year. And I also have a friend who I fly with everyday, and he also never happens to him other than once or twice that happened last year too. The only similarity between me and my friend is that we’re both located in the Asia-Pacific region and connected to the SEA server.

Both of us have done multiple flights without restarting the sim, and the Live weather always loads for us, with non-standard QNH. So there’s definitely an issue somewhere for some people. But we don’t know what it is. Why is it happening to a bunch of people, while it doesn’t happen to another bunch of people (who tends to not ask anything in the forum since it’s always working for them).

It’s definitely hard to look at between the people having the issue versus people who are not having the issue. People having the issue would put a lot of posts about it, but people who don’t they don’t post anything.

I’m also having persistent weather issues for the past 10 days or so. The weather at KJAN has been stuck on thunderstorms in the sim, although on the world screen has been showing correctly. Severe thunderstorms in our area is not uncommon for us. However, for the past few days, the weather has been beautiful here. Too bad the storms are coming back to our area tomorrow.

1 Like

That’s a totally different issue than the thread opener’s.

See my last post, there were issues with old weather data being shown in MSFS.
Here’s the confirmation:

But the other issue (this threas’s topic) is that live weather simply doesn’t work randomly and you always get clear skies when that happens.

1 Like