Why isn't autopilot a known issue?

@Roadspider -

I have the same issue as you. Never happened till this last update. Turn off AP and the plane goes crazy. Even if I manage to get AP back on, it acts as if it is NOT on - plane still goes crazy…climb…descend… roll left…roll right…

AP is set with just basic heading and altitude with no v/s active.

I also have what others mention as well, except this has been since the start - plane going up and down more and more when acceleration is active…about 1000’/300m up and down. +300m/-300m up and down…up and down…I feel as a yo-yo… :wink:

Lame…

:frowning:

AP in the Cirrus doesn’t track very well. Most of the time the plane’s icon is way far away from the course line.

1 Like

It sure seems like there is a wide range of problems or not across the community. FWIW, I’ve been flying the Cirrus for the past two weeks, two or three flights a day. All have been IFR. RNAV approaches have worked every time, though on my approach to KBTV, I popped out of the clouds with a wind turbine between me and the runway. I’m chalking that up to a scenery glitch.

ILS has failed me once out of five landings, but that was a minor airport in WV, perhaps the NAV frequency I used was wrong.

I don’t use FLC, after seeing so many posts saying it is a problem. I use VS for both ascent and descent without problem.

HDG, VS and NAV functions all work for me. I have had no luck selecting an approach in flight w the Cirrus, all my approaches have been preselected before launching the flight. Has any one been able to select an approach inflight w the Cirrus? If so, what’s the trick?

'Dolphoning" lol its porpoising…

1 Like

Autopilot not working at all after latest update!

Jinxed myself, lol! On flight from kbtv to keri, on NAV autopilot for an RNAV approach the plane missed a waypoint and started to do a 360. Switched off autopilot, corrected the course, looked up the ILS and continued manually until I captured the localizer/glide slope.

Still haven’t figured out how to choose a new approach on the fly in the Cirrus, but fortunately the NAV frequency from FltPlan.go worked fine w Erie, PA.

Honestly I had almost no problems with the autopilot. But the live pause, oh boy. Wanna plunge a A320 from the sky like it’s a rock? Exit live pause and wuuiiiiiiiiiii

2 Likes

@JumpyLand605315 if the AP shutting off is the same problem I had (at the same time the MFD would turn off, and I could fix it for a few minutes by turning avionics back on and off), the work around that worked for me was switch the setting for AI and Multiplayer planes to generic under graphics.

AP in Cessna 172 (Analog) randomly shuts off. (In combination with Transponder)
Also AP Alt does not maintain Altiude when changing Altimeter Setting.

And don’t get me started on how difficult it is to set ALT or HDG values- you have to be ridiculously accurate with mouse position- then a text pops up to tell you that it is increasing/decreasing which makes it even harder to position the mouse. The way switches and knobs reacted in FS9 was tons better. Or using the 2d cockpit…whatever… all I know is that, after 16 years, there has to be a better way. (but it is a moot point until the AP is fixed…)

Quick update: I found that the Carenado planes were fixed after the last update. I had to manually update the planes in the Content Manager. After the update was downloaded, the planes did not have any problem with porpoising when using AP…

The C182 still has a bit of jumpiness when using FLC to climb, but it’s very mild in comparison, and typically only happens just as you get close to the target altitude. I can’t speak for the Mooney as I don’t have have it. In any case, I’m glad Carenado have finally fixed their planes.

Try to disengage the AP when this happens. re-trim, get constant speed and elevation then reengage the AP with a realistic V/S. Seems like a trim bug.

Had the same issue, unfortunately we cannot use the G1000 to fly direct to a defined waypoint of the flight plan. The issue, I believe is due to incorrect connexion of arrival and approach phases in the flight plan software layer.

configure buttons on your stick or yoke maybe ?

I am really trying hard to enjoy this game but the 787 and other plane’s autopilot is completely broken. The trim goes up and down and after the update VNAV can’t hold the course as well overshooting it left and right. It is basically a roller coaster ride and if you try long haul it eventually crashes due to the heavy trim inputs.
Please fix this

1 Like

I agree with trying to position the mouse is almost impossible.

The text covers the wheel and also the plane moving the
cursor off of the wheel,

I have not gotten the GPS to work on any airliner or other aircraft on the Xbox version to work at all; you have continuously mess with it to get it to work it’s an absolute joke

They all work. You most likely don’t know how yet.

If you really want help ask for it and best provide some specific infos (ideally screenshots) of what you have trouble with.

Also plenty of well made YouTubes out there eg GatComb, A320 SimPilot etc. which teach you how to operate these aircraft.

1 Like

I know how to operate the aircraft that’s not the issue here. Autopilot has a mind of its own.