Why NOT spanish voices

Just instead/aside of more content…, why not, what is the problem?

1 Like

The global standard for all ATC interaction is English Language. Granted, some accents might add to the realism, but pilots and ATC controllers working around the world are required to learn English. The only time a pilot doesn’t need to learn English is if they never plan on flying outside their own country.

6 Likes

A Lufthansa aeroplane was approaching Frankfurt and asked the Tower for landing clearance. The conversation went something like this (this is the English translation):

Pilot: …“to land”
Tower…“in English please”
Pilot: (Exasperated)…“Why? We are a German airline, flying a German plane, landing at a German airport, the crew is German, the ATC Controllers are German. WHY must I speak English?”

Deathly silence on the radio for a few seconds then a cut-glass English accent came over the airwaves: “Because we won the ruddy war!”

14 Likes

Of course, this is about Spanish accent English TTS.

Any passenger who’s approaching Barcelona listening to a Spanish pilot knows how that sounds ( :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: )

1 Like

Ok, but this is a game. There are many people that don’t have why to understand english the way this game wants (maybe this is a bit pretentious). And of course, reading the text is not a good thing…, you may have an accident.
I am just asking for “another” option to have (a big one), to enjoy more this game, like we have others that don’t necessary fit with real life: automatic radio management, autopilot, infinite fuel, and any other aid that this game offers that is not present in real life.
I really don’t understand why, and there are many people asking for this feature in the game… so there has to be a reason to ask for that.
In fact I think the translation of voices into other languages seems to be easy to acomplish, so I don’t think it is a crazyness to ask for this.
That said, I don’t think anybody can be bothered if there is an option that don’t have interest in choosing.

2 Likes

Yes, you are right, but the controllers still speak in the language of the national airline pilots, even if their flight is international.

I think the community should have a chance to do this… Open up the programming interfaces for TTS, allow people to write their own language rules… Only a Spanish person can do the Spanish language, or a Spanish accent realistically.

btw on approach, it should always be English, accent or not. You can’t guide a Swede through landing procedures in Spanish.

mouhaaa, right, but asobo can do it for French, which makes an approach on French airport,
even if there is a Bordeaux accent, it doesn’t matter :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :innocent: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue:

The problem with using native languages in MSFS and IRL Is when English or non-native language speakers are landing or moving around the airport. If they don’t understand the native language, they won’t know what the controller is telling other aircraft. Situational awareness drops dramatically.

I often listen to live ATC discussions, airport controllers with international flights speak in the native language of the pilots of the country of origin and speak English when the plane comes from abroad. Except in English speaking countries, where it is all English.

I listen to LiveATC a lot and I feel it should be made International law that English must always be used in ATC.

The reason is that speaking English only gives situational awareness for EVERYBODY

Example:

On LiveATC I heard Brazilian controllers speaking good English to foreign aircrews but then cut to Portuguese to speak to a domestic carrier.

For the foreign crews who dont speak Portuguese they have no idea whats going on. “What did he tell that other airplane, what did the other airplanes pilots respond with?”

2 Likes

I think International voice packs would be a great addition to MSFS ATC, but after what happened to Apu in The Simpsons thanks to the “woke” generation, I don’t think it’s going to happen.

1 Like

Please participate in this Wishlist thread. Thanks.