Why so many negative comments?

This is a patch, (aka hotfix) not the SIM update

1 Like

“Why so many negative comments??”

Are you able to play with the game/sim? Yes?

A lot of us don’t. Paying same (or maybe more) money than you, and we can’t even install this piece of … software.

Yes, I am very “negative”.

5 Likes

I also think that It was released too early, especially given the issues we had as testers.

3 Likes

Probably would be there forever and never come to a consensus if it’s anything like the stuff I work on. Can sit two experienced, professional “pilots” in the same exact simulation or model and get very different feedback, sometimes in exact opposite directions.

It’s a challenging field. With that said, probably could cut down some tall grass yet.

The show-stopping issues may not be simple or trivial ones.

~2000 new Zendesk tickets daily - gotta filter and prioritize those, confirm and reproduce, find a solution. Then merging everyone’s code commits, running your automated tests, delivering it. I’d be happy or pleasantly surprised if they had an update at the ~1 week mark.

Especially with their delivery system being a bit fraught or delicate, blasting out updates more often than that may actually be more harm than good.

and engeners when the cfg stats don’t match the aircraft specs you did it wrong

were we all played?

I’d say most of the negative comments are a result of comparing the real gaming experience to the YouTube videos. My expectations were too high.

Still, I don’t regret the purchase. Just more waiting. Feels kinda open beta at the moment…

3 Likes

In a nutshell!

4 Likes

Why should it take time to get up to speed? We’ve bought what was supposed to be a finished product, and a lot of us can’t even get it to run properly (or at all!)

5 Likes

I would rather they didn’t, and gave us something that worked, instead!

2 Likes

You could use an Xbox 360 controller with FSX. This is not the first simulator to be able to be played with a controller…

As someone who has played each MSFS since 2002, I feel that this sim is wonderful and the best out of all of them. I don’t have as much time to play this one as I did when I was a teen, so I’m glad this one is a lot more casual.

3 Likes

It is always the same thing, I am an avid sim racer and flight simer, for example it took Asseto Corsa Competitione ACC a year before it started to feel great, still not perfect but who am I to say so, never driven a race car in my life. Still haven’t bought MSFS, very eager but still gonna wait a while at least until VR comes out and start slowly enjoying it until then having fun reading all the negativity : )

Sometimes seemingly simple things take a while to figure out, sometimes things that seem really difficult go quickly.

For example, let’s take the “Fly” button not working. For me the Fly button works 100% of the time, always works as expected. So if I’m the developer I can’t reproduce the problem, and if I can’t reproduce it I can’t fix it. I could get dozens of tickets that say “The fly button doesn’t work! Fix it!!” and that really does me no good since it gives me no new information to go off of.

So you sort through the source code. Maybe it’s a trivial oversight. Or maybe you wrack your brain, and have to keep sorting through new issue tickets to find someone who’s provided you some new clue that helps you discover an edge case scenario. It’s detective work.

It’s just what you do if you’re a professional developer - you need to have a process. You have have a second set of eyes review code that’s checked in so you catch oversights or potential future problems. You take the time to run through hundreds of automated tests to make sure everything gets a green light and you haven’t inadvertently caused something unintended.

I think everyone that’s been developer long enough has been bit by these things when you do something in haste, so you have a process and stick with it.

If you do a release and have a handful of issues that need to and can be solved straightaway, then sure - you might blast out an update on short notice. When there’s a deluge of issues and tickets it’s really best to take a moment to gather it all up, come up with a game plan and prioritize, and figure out the best timeline.

That’s my 2 cents anyway from 10-15 years of simulation and software work. We’ll just have to wait and see what they come up with.

3 Likes

Wow are you serious ? This sim is a as flawed as any of the legacy sims but just in a different way. This was a rushed release and what you are seeing here are the comments of non alpha testers that paid big money for an early release . This sim is missing so much and is unstable for many people.

Where you one of the starry eyed Alpha testers posting how much you thought the devs were wonderful and to ignore critical
Alpha testers ?

6 Likes

I play x plane with the same xbox controller I play MFS with so does that mean x plane is a game also? im not understanding

1 Like

Thats the problem right there…YES because you do not have the problem trying to config a triple mode flight stick with 200 buttons and throttle and plus rudder pedals…thus you cannot understand why so many have issues and why were are finding so many missing and unstable issues…i could fly all day and night with a controler ANYBODY can but that is not SIMULATING planes don’t have xbox controlers (yet) lol
…That is why people are upset we want a SIMULATOR that works with complex controlers. I have hundres of dollars in xplane11 aircraft and my controls all work flawlessly. why not here if it is being sold and branded a SIMULATOR.

4 Likes

Ahem… As a Flight Unlimited gen 1 player I need all of them. :rofl:

1 Like

Yes! Absolutely no problems on my side! The installation worked like a charm. Everything is perfect! If you can’t install it, you should take a computer course to learn how to operate a Windows PC.

A lot of issues people are having have nothing to do with their IT skill set. There are bugs in the installation process, the developers are working on them.

2 Likes

I just gotta agree… I’m on min spec pc, med 1080 qual and it is just spectacular… Big LOVE IT from me…

1 Like