Why so many

Why are so many having so many problems so often with so many things with msfs 2020 ?

2 Likes

Why so many people give so many threads half a title so often with msfs 2020 forum?

41 Likes

Depends who you ask. Personally my experience with MSFS is rather peachy. Really the only problem I am having with it is the weather which is a coin toss. Generally speaking if I decided to hop in P3D or XP it’s because of the massive amount of addons I have or the weather being depicted is way off, in the other two sims this is never a problem as I use Active Sky.

Because of many reasons that many people have on many things

6 Likes

If you look through the general discussion thread . about every 2nd one is someone talking about some problem they are having .

1 Like

That makes no sense . Could you elaborate

1 Like

Oh, I know that. I even have some friends on Discord and Steam that tell me about issues and I help them when possible. Some however are out of my control unfortunately and I really can’t help. The reason that I personally don’t have many issues is because some of the rather big issues can be delt with if you turn to alternatives which is what I do.

2 Likes

Probably because the majority of players, most with no issues, have no need to come to the forums, they are happily flying.

The people that do come here tend to be people with issues that need solving.

It is a bit like running a customer satisfaction survey amongst the customers lined up at the complaints counter at Walmart.

7 Likes

It is definitely a case of people not posting ‘everything is fine here’ posts.

I don’t think I’ve made a thread in General Discussion at all. I’ve not had a CTD for over a year, never had update problems (not had to reinstall since the main release last year) and performance has fluctuated with updates but never enough to upset me.

I just got lucky and have never started a thread just to say ‘everything’s fine’.

I agree with @CaptainNuts2000 - please title your threads properly. I’d rather see a million ‘C172 autopilot nav mode not working’ posts than a hundred ‘why so many’ threads.

8 Likes

yes, but thats what exactly are forums for, to help solve issues.
way more people are not having problems, you dont see these in the forums.
lotsa gamers also are not very pc savvy, and the game has still quite a few issues.
there is a ton of reasons.

Oh but there are so many of them. Every once in a while they’ll even start a congratulatory thread where they’ll start patting each other’s backs and chant for Asobo. Good stuff.

3 Likes

Only two times I have started a thread has been because of an issue I experienced. First one was because of marketplace purchases and just last week was because I lost the all the nav info in the sim’s flight planner.

I have said often before I wouldn’t have any idea how “broken” the sim is if I didn’t read the forums.

Kind of where I wanted to head. But didn’t want to say too much but I’ll take my chances .
Been playing these simulators since '95 and I’ve never seen or used one that seems to be as “broken” in so many ways as this one seems to be . Why?

I don’t think you caught my drift. The point was that if I were only simming and not visiting the forums, I would not even notice all the things people are claiming break the sim.

2 Likes

■■■■ it took me almost a year before I figured out the sim wasnt working right here. I started seeing other peoples screenies and thought hey why doesnt my sim look and run like that, and after another 4 months of screwing around (knowing now what I didnt know then) it runs and looks so much better then it ever has.

My experience with FSX was awful. I went back to playing the original IL2.

MSFS on the other hand has been brilliant with almost no issues.

I do not normally actually post that though - because it tends to upset the people that are having genuine problems, who seem to feel people posting " my sim is fine" is somehow casting doubt on the seriousness of their own issues.

3 Likes

Because effectively it is still in a Beta stage of development and Asobo needed to release it anyway to get some sales income.

@sparky0347,

Please change your topic’s title. Your title should allow users to understand the purpose of your topic without opening it.

Good titles are important as they improve the chance others will find your topic when using the search system, and when browsing through the topic feed.

You can change your topic title by clicking the pencil icon next to your topic title at the top of the thread.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Oh well Who cares ? The best you can come up with is my topic title is no good . Typical

That was uncalled for. @Hester40MT is a moderator doing his/her job - answering your post isn’t one of them. Helping people find your post is.

2 Likes