Why so much INOP in cockpits in aircraft?

Compare MSFS to ANY other simulator out there. And I’m talking stock if you were to buy it today without 1000s of dollars of add ons.

While it may have faults and be missing some functionality, if you don’t see MSFS as “Next Gen”, then absolutely nothing will make you happy.

Lot of things make me happy, thanks :slight_smile: MSFS does not. Like I said lot of part of simulation (i.e. avionics, physics, fluid mechanics etc…) has been ignored and/or badly implemented.
But, according to the comments of this thread, most of people seem to think like you so I understand why MSFS does not provide a deep simulator’s immersion out of the box and probably will never do.

And the funny (maybe not) part is that similar topics have cycled around since launch day!

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/a320-incomplete-features/140786?u=gordongreig

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/most-planes-are-not-functional-auto-pilot-rnav-vnav-ils/204798?u=gordongreig

etc

I wonder if there is a way to enforce using “search” on this forum before a new topic is created…

Those of us who have been on these forums since launch see topics like these go around and around and around…

1 Like

I did a search and I took this topic as the title was the more appropriate to post my question regarding INOP buttons.

You should listen to the dev Q&As on twitch/youtube - that will give you a much better sense of the commitment of the devs to improving this sim over time. This sim breaks new ground in so many areas and the devs have created a complex ecosystem that has never been done before. They are 100% committed to continually improving that.

The OP obviously didn’t though

Quite simply, the game was released too early.

To be frank, no flight simulator outside of NASA or the Defense Department would go so far as to simulate fluid mechanics in an aircraft. That’s way beyond what is necessary for a product to be a commercial success.

1 Like

This has been attempted and in my opinion was the closet we ever came to a real flight experience on a computer. They modeled the atmosphere and put real aerodynamics to work in that environment. For it’s time it was actually breathtaking.

He felt that other flight simulators failed to convey the experience of real flight, and he reacted by coding a simulated atmosphere for Flight Unlimited based on real-time computational fluid dynamics.

This is all just plain nonsense!
Just because YOU believe things were done a certain way in the past doesn’t mean it is correct or the right way. Suit yourself believing what you want. This cutting edge game should have had much better functionality with included aircraft. I’m not talking about every button or switch. I’m talking about the buttons and switches that interact with aircraft behavior.

1 Like

I stand corrected. Your opinion is valid but mine is nonsense. I will try to be more aware. Thank-you for putting me back in my place.

Don’t take it as a personal attack. I said it “should”. I would say factually it is not up to 3rd party developers to create all of the aircraft that work correctly. MSFS should have done more on there stuff, especially the premium stuff.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.