Will content bought on Xbox also be useable on PC?

Hello!
Maybe a stupid or earlier answered question but I can’t find any topic about this.
When I want to switch from Xbox to PC what about my content buyed for Xbox? Can I download without buying again for PC if it is not an exclusively content for Xbox?
Sometimes in the future I want to switch to PC. If I cannot use add-ons buyed for Xbox on the PC too I will not buy them now.

2 Likes

Yes.
You will use the same account right? So any content purchased is linked to that account and can be downloaded and installed to the new platform.

1 Like

Thank you very much for this information! So I can buy content without loose my money :slightly_smiling_face:

Keep in mind however that when you have changed to PC and purchase external addons outside of the marketplace these things will not work on Xbox if you wish to fly there later, even if this particular addon is available via the marketplace, too. Only items that have been bought on the marketplace can be used on either platform.

So long I am on Xbox I have no chance to get content outside marketplace. So this problem only can occurs if I want to change from PC to Xbox

Only works with MS Store PC Version, not Steam PC version, keep that in mind for future PC MSFS playing.

If he ha Xbox version, he already have MS Store PC version. No need to buy Steam version :wink:

1 Like

I made that move and never looked back. Most if not all marketplace content was transferable to my PC. I owned the Microsoft not steam version of MFS.

1 Like

All items on the marketplace have little icons showing which platforms they are compatible with, which should help.

I am looking for a Gigabyte G5 Laptop which should usable for HD Ultra settings and can easily upgraded with more memory and disc space if needed. I love much of the content witch never will find it’s way to Xbox because there is no really working dev system for freeware developers and many professional developers too.

Did you figure it out? About to do the same

The answer to the OP’s question is yes - if you have bought items from the Marketplace on Xbox and use the same account on your PC through the Microsoft store (not Steam), you will own everything you bought on Xbox.