Will OpenStreetMap edits correct scenery?

I’ve seen the news about the 212 floor building in Australia, and that it used OpenStreetMap.
I’ve seen several buildings and other scenery objects that are not exactly correct in the Flight Simulator.

1. Is it possible that if I edit some of the building and other map information in OpenStreetMap, the next AI scenery generation will include the corrections? What kind of data is used from OpenStreetMap? Because I’ve seen some things which are present there, but not in Flight Simulator.
  2. What other methods I have to correct the default scenery? Other providers, or edit Bing Maps data, if so, how? (I’m not talking about making new downloadable content, just the default scenery. I know, that it is possible to create new content that way.)
2 Likes

I think the autogen AI uses the OSM because in my old city there is a hotel that, in OSM, someone marked all the hotel terrain as a building, and it matches that in MSFS.

@SpottableCard80 @juliotux
I just summarized what is known about OSM usage in another thread that I think has the most potential to reach the Dev Team, here you go:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.