Win 11 22H2 drop FPS

Me too! :man_facepalming:t3::laughing:

The game was totally playable and the fps were pretty good. It’s just I could see that the clock speed was boosting to an absolute max of 4.8ghz (instead of 5.1ghz) and the utilisation was lower than 5% most of the time.

Now I’ve rolled it back things gave returned to normal. My issue doesn’t really seem to be GPU related at all, it’s entirely CPU. This is in DX11 btw.

Same here DX11. Will need to check boost speed. I run FS locked at 30fps so perhaps it’s being masked for me. I did see gpu utilisation pick up with SU10, but assumed it was the nice new clouds. Dlss brings gpu utilisation back down by a considerable bit.
Overall, 22H2 is fine for me, but hopefully the issues you are all seeing get ironed out soon with patches and updates. There was already a cumulative update to 22H2 this morning for me.

1 Like

Re NVidia ge experience & new game ready driver

“The non-Beta version of NVIDIA GeForce Experience 3.26 is expected to go live with a new GeForce Game Ready Driver the week of September 26.”

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5395/~/lower-performance-after-upgrading-to-microsoft-windows-11-2022-update

1 Like

Nvidia has stated and admitted it’s a driver issue of Nvidia drivers (at nvidia.com from community manager Manuel)

They working on a fix.

So it’s not a MSFS or Windows issue.

Workaround is to temp uninstall the latest windows update and wait till Nvidia releases the fix, maybe it’s even Included in the delayed 570.40 GRD

https://us.download.nvidia.com/GFE/GFEClient/3.26.0.131/GeForce_Experience_Beta_v3.26.0.131.exe

Fixes the stuttering on NVIDIA …

I was actually thinking about upgrading to Windows 11 before SU10, now I’m glad I didn’t! I think I’ll wait now until Nvidia have released the fix and new game driver. It’s amazing how long we all have to spend fixing things that should be working.

2 Likes

The studio driver has the fix this has been proven, the sim ‘allegedly’ has the fix its in the release notes. For some its better for some its worse. So try the latest studio driver if its still bad in that, then Id wager money that the GRD isnt going to change one thing.

This last update has done wonders for the traffic on the boards here, most of which has been negative.

So does the Studio Driver fix the Windows 11 update issue?

To be honest, it’s best to check for yourself. There are some here who say it does help. Others say it doesn’t.

The problem is if I choose to upgrade to Windows 11 I presume it will upgrade with the latest update which is causing the problems. I don’t really want the hassle of uninstalling the operating system if I don’t have to.

tI updated to Win 11 the day before SU10 came out. It updated me to Win 11 21H2. I’ve not been offered 22H2 yet. Perhaps it’s been taken off the updates.

I guess that would make sense especially as they know it has a serious issue. Is your performance better after SU10? It’s better for me but I’m still using Windows 10. I’ll probably just upgrade to Win 11 and see what happens. Any issues will probably get rectified next week anyway by Nvidia and Microsoft.

I can’t say I’ve noticed any marked increase in performance from SU9 to SU10. But then again I had good performance in 9.

Can’t believe how long it took me to type that little reply above. The cat kept walking on my iPad screen as I typed, demanding strokes. :rofl:

The fix is in the Studio driver, its in the game. I dont run win11 here anymore so I couldnt tell about that one. I know I had the 22h2 net and cu updates installed, I saw people saying there was an issue with them in both 10 and 11. So I rolled back. The first time I ran the sim after the uninstall it was fantastic, but then Hobbs jinxed me because the 2nd and 3rd times after that it ran like (expletive)…

Reinstall the 22h2 stuff before bed ran the sim this morning around 5 am eastern. single digits it wouldnt recover. So I flew my morning flight in that other sim with absolutely no problems at all.

Then jumped back into MSFS and flew the flight there, and now it starts at 12 on the runway and climbs to 20 about 10 miles out of the airport. As long as I flight a straight and narrow flight path its fine, but if I decide to change directions, altitude, it will drop back into the single digits and the fps will climb back up but not always to the 20+ I was getting.

I tried all the posted fixes nothing worked so I rolled back to Win11 21H2 this morning. It was like flipping a light switch no more stutters in VR and 2D all is working great again

2 Likes

Same here - rolled back and all is good

Today I discovered windows cant / wont allow deletion of Geforce experience which I now consider a virus this is so pathetic what these companies are putting out. Four forced update so far this year have completely destroyed my OS

Virus :rofl: stop being so melodramatic. I’ve always been able to uninstall GeForce. Calm down and try uninstalling it as you would any other program. Failing that try DDUing it.

3 Likes

Thank you I did and to no avail it will not uninstall using the normal methods. As far a melodramatic let tell you I have had four updates wreak havoc on my computer this year it is getting a bit old two instances required a total reset, time is money my friend. I have 35 years working with and building computers BTW when I have time I plan on DDUing.

I uninstalled it with a normal uninstaller (iOBit). So I don’t see the problem either. Apart from that, after the latest update I don’t have any problem with GFExperience. I like the filters and the recording function a lot.

1 Like