Win 11 Update causing stutters?

What build number do you see in a command prompt now?

Can u pls share the old Windows 11 file?

It’s not ISO, but bootable USB.

I was one of them and got tired to convinced people that there was a real problem!!!
I’ve abandoned the Insiders program for this reason, no feedback, no anything regards this issue.

Now I read your comments here and I am very surprised and disappointed for this. The problem was never fixed??? I need to try myself tonight and see.

Updated the sim, no issues with the performance so far.

1 Like

Updated windows 11 today and my msfs vr became unplayable due to stutter and lag in my headset. Before this MSFS ran smoth as butter on mostly high and Ultra VR settings.

PC: 11700k (overclocked to 5g), 64gb 3600 ddr4, 3080ti founders edition , playing on HP reverb g2

I reinstalled graphics driver and reset settings as they were in nvidia panel also removed in game cache and then reinstated it

First time I felt nausea in VR with horrible stuttering and lag following the update. Rolled it back and everything smooth and playable again.

I dont need settings that I cannot control that reduce power consumption making my pc more economical to run but ruin my gaming experience. If this is what has been done I would rather they didnt.

For now updates are disabled …not ideal

Come on Microsoft fix this !

3 Likes

Seems like this only happens if you have a VR headset connected to the computer (you don’t even have to run MSFS in VR).

To verify, disconnect the VR headset (HP Reverb G2 in my case), reboot the PC (important!), and launch MSFS. I have smooth 2D gameplay like this - but as soon as I connect the headset / start VR, both 2D and VR are unplayable. Render thread increases to hundreds of ms.

This is not ideal, but at least I can play the sim in 2D until things gets fixed.

2 Likes

Same problem, no VR here.
Updated this morning to Win11 22h2, then SU10.
It was unplayable, DX12, DX11 massive stutters, 25-40 fps.

I rolled back and everything is smooth, and steady 60 fps.

Can some1 pls share the old Windows 11 ISO, the rollback doesnt work and i cant find an old Windows 11 Version :smiling_face_with_tear:

I have the same stutterproblem since having updated to windows 11 Version 22H2. Intel i9-9900K, RTX 2060 Super, 32 GB Ram, G2. Before the update the performance was good, now it is unplayable.

1 Like

Guys, report it please!!! It is happening what I had during my bad experience in Win 11 beta months ago. At that time I’ve opened more than one tickets but it seems is not fixed.

As from mu part now, I’ve installed today the Win 11 update KB5017383 and then I’ve updated FS2020 to SU10.

Everything is smooth, DX12 rocks, very very smooth for me but I have no idea for the VR. During this week I have no time to try it, only during weekend.

1 Like

Edit : Fixed for me by removing the Geforce Overlay in the App (not only using the ALT-R toggle)

Same issue, I have Win 11 22H2 from yesterday, and unfortunately I didn’t test MSFS with SU09 before updating to SU10, so possibly Windows related…
I tried several resolutions, with or without vsync, dlss, TAA, DX11, DX12, etc. same issue.
It seems my CPU have one of my logical core maxed, creating those heavy stutters:

Edit : the “Use of CPU” line is bugged, don’t match Task Manager at all. Last logical core hit the 100% ceiling all the time. That wasn’t the case post Windows 11 with SU09. Others games don’t have this issue, it’s MSFS + Win11 22H2 for me it seems.
I7 10700K no OC
RTX3070 no OC drivers 516.94
32GB DDR4 3200Mhz
Installed on NVME drive
Drivers N516.94

I’ll test but I have Core Isolation ON for a while…

Same for me. And I cant enable my Core Isolation …

Something strange happened:
1 week ago left the beta, made a fresh Win11 and MSFS installation > SU9.
Everything was fine…BUT: Today installed the Windows 11 22H2 update. Got massiv stutters in 2D, VR worked fine (more or less). I rolled back to the last Windows 11 version. Now I stuck in MSFS version 1.26.5.0!. Found all my 3rd party modes. BUT: Get no update to the final release version.

My idea: Joining the beta program again. Without success. Stucking now in 1.26.5.0 :face_with_peeking_eye:

That’s usually a driver. It will show you what is stopping it from being enabled. For me it was the Logitech panel drivers.

I’ve had this issue too.
uninstalled GeForce experience
stopped and disabled “NVIDIA FrameView SDK service” in windows services.

completely solved it for me, MSFS running as smooth as before 22H2.

1 Like

i am also having a slight stutter problem after a windows update last night but the update was not 22H2.
and i realized it only happens when i use spacedesk to run TDS gtn750xi on a tablet. The problem is not the TDS because if i don’t run the TDS app but i do have spacedesk running with the tablet as a third screen i get the stutters. When i close spacedesk the stutters are gone. I didn’t have this issue before windows updated my pc last night.

1 Like

Guys, seems fixed for good for me. I didn’t touch core isolation, still ON. I removed the NVidia Geforce overlay directly in the App (not only with the ALT-R combo). For me it’s now smooth.
So I guess current Geforce version have a problem win Win 11 22H2 and MSFS.

1 Like

Yep I agree, hopefully the upcoming update will fix this

2 Likes