Win 11 Update causing stutters?

■■■■, and Ive just rolled back and re-installing (again) …

Same here. Was all hyped up for SU10 and its unplayable. I am on 22H2 and had no issues sim racing yesterday post update. Nvidia overlay has always been set to Off so I suspect it’s not that.

Will wait for the new Nvidia driver just in case it’s that. Otherwise, it’s back to waiting for a MSFS fix which is all we seem to do these days rather than actually enjoy the sim.

EDIT: just noticed that 22H2 enables Game Mode by Default now - could be related

I can confirm disabling NVDIA overlay eliminates the issue for me. I am not in VR

1 Like

If it’s overlay related, check if you don’t have any other monitoring software running even silently and without overlay turned ON. The problem for me was present even if I rebooted and didn’t display the Geforce overlay.

if you are saying its overlay related and not Geforce generally, then I must have a different problem as I had overlay disabled.

Rolled my PC back to 11 21H2 from 11 22H2 and now MSFS is running smooth again.

1 Like

Doesnt work for me, had to install windows 10, because i cant find an old Windows 11 ISO file

Also have HP Reverb G2, and unplugging the power to the headset (I left it connected to the PC) and rebooting solved the problem for me. Thank you so much for posting.
Prior to this, I reinstalled the Nvidia Game Ready drivers 516.94 but this did not fix the problem. I do not install GeForce Experience and do not have the NVIDIA FrameView SDK service installed. The only thing that fixed the problem was unplugging the power to the headset.

1 Like

I used the rollback feature in Win11 now I’m Golden again. Nvidia overlay workaround didn’t work for me.

Windows 22H2 update is BAD BAD!!!

What I have waited for . . .
Rolled Win 11 back to previous version. Installed SU 10. Went into VR and WOW! Getting 40+ FPS in DLSS with mostly High/Ultra settings. Absolutely the smoothest and best experience I have had with MSFS. Flew several GA aircraft at several locations and honestly I could not be happier! Does it get any better? Might put off getting that 3080 ti to replace my 2080 Super. Now I think I will try the Win 11 update again since I read that the stutters I was experiencing is caused by the nVidia game overlay. We shall see. Thanks again everyone for bearing with me!

Better wait for the “game ready” driver

I had the same problem as yours but no GEForce Experience installed. Don’t reinstall 22H2 yet!

This kind of thing is just astounding. I installed the 22H2 update two or three days ago, and I have had no trouble at all. What the heck is the deal? I didn’t have GEForce installed.

i9-10850k / RTX 3070 / 32gig

Can confirm. Rolled back 22H2 and perfomance is now flawless.

Can’t explain but I’m very happy with SU10.

This also fixed the problem for me, with the HP Reverb G2 powered and connected.

Thanks to @Kilumbus5901 in this thread:

6 Likes

Well, so much for that idea!! Ran the Win 11 Update once more and turned off nVidia in-game overlay. Now I am back to Stuttersville once more. I am at wits end with this thing. It was so beautiful prior to the Win upgrade. Think I’ll continue to search for remedies and if I can’t find the culprit, I’ll roll back the update. So frustrating!!

Massive Performance Issues 22H2 Just Rolled Back to previous Build, I notice the new Build Reduces GPU Usage hence causing Performance Issues.

Perhaps it has something to do with how 22H2 Utilizes the CPU Threads?

EDIT
And the saga continues . . . thanks to Kurbo26 for that post about HolographicShell. That did the trick somewhat. The stutters are completely gone, but my framerate is now 25-30 even after reducing some settings. At least it is playable at this point and I think I will continue to tweak and perhaps a new nVidia driver will appear soon to fix it all!! Thanks again . . .

1 Like

BAD BAD BAD !!! DEFINITELY BAD!!! :melting_face:

1 Like

Butter smooth here, no issues

1 Like