Windows 11 and VR / Win11 VR

anyone tested Windows11 and VR with G2?

i have W11 beta since about two months but with Quest 2
its working really fine, even when i installed i saw a strong improvement in performances, but nobody here did confirm the same
to be seen now that W11 is officially live

1 Like

VR with G2 works in Windows 11 without problems on my rig: Ryzen 5800X, nVidia 2080

1 Like

no issues whatsoever with W11 / reverb G2 / ryzen 3900x / 2080 super
The update from Windows 10 took maybe 30 minutes all in all.

1 Like

I installed windows 11 to test the RTX3090 and the Reverb G2… Sadly I didnt noticed any improvement, in fact the oposite… I couldnt revert to windows 10 so I had to fully reinstall Windows 10 again.

My advice is to wait for windows 11. At least for this game.

1 Like

And for everything else…
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows11/comments/pgcjc2/windows_11_lost_features/
I can’t find a reason to install it, actually

Now w11 is available officially if i am not wrong.

1 Like

Tomorrow, to my knowledge.

2 Likes

Windows 11 and G2 here. Not noticed any difference or any negative effect in VR compared to Windows 10. RTX 2080 Super, i7 8700k @4.8ghz, 32gb Ram. Runs fine on my rig.

2 Likes

@mgk8544 @henk4p1969 @HeikoJ2709
Hi, I’m on Windows 11 and I’m surprised to see you’re all running MSFS 2020 with a Reverb G2 and RTX 2080s. I’ve got a RTX 3070 which is supposed to be roughly equivalent and always assumed that wouldn’t be able to power a G2. What’s your experience thanks!

Took a bit of tweaking but finally have it running acceptable with custom resolution unticked in the OpenXR developer tool, MSFS render scale at 90 and motion repro off. Mix of medium / high settings in sim. A little jerky in the cockpit but nice and smooth outside.

2 Likes

It depends on your expectations and your ability to suffer.

I have OXR at 75% and VR Render Scale at 100%. This gives me around 35 fps in simpler scenes and only 23 fps in more complex ones at fairly high quality settings. What must that must, as we say in the north of Germany.

2 Likes

I am not much of a FPS hunter. I just go by what I feel. I think I am at 60% oxr and 80-85 in game with high settings as an average. With the latest WMR you can stop the mirror and I think that helped too.

1 Like

thx :slight_smile: I know that must :wink: greetings from the Elbe

1 Like

No evidence that I can link to just yet, but I have seen reports that Win 11’s security features can have a bad effect on game performance.

I have no desire to leap in and “upgrade” right now.

1 Like

no idea what that is even supposed to mean?

@playerdav3422 asked for our experience with G2 and 2080 and I just wanted to point out that a rig with a Ryzen 5800X and a Nvidia 2080 is not bad at all and it works together with a HP Reverb G2 but you have to lower your expectations regarding performance and fps.

I updated to windows 11 via Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe today and it took about 2 hours. Then I tried MS2020 in VR for a one hour flight and had no problems. The performance seems to be the same as windows 10. Untill now I had no CTDs. i9-9900K, GeForce RTX 2060 Super, G2, TAA 80, OXR 100.

1 Like

I have the release candidate of win 11 and its running great with my Quest 2

1 Like

What do you mean by “stop the mirror”?