Windows 11 Install Thursday?

I’m neither, I’m a simmer that loves MSFS and helps the community by trying to keep the forum civil :joy:

11 Likes

Apologies, Awesome, my mistake.

2 Likes

October/November 21H2 is what I’ve heard… “Sun valley version” they tell the same on pcgamer… and I’m not going to do major updates here before end of July. Because of MSFS.

No worries. You aren’t the first and won’t be the last :slight_smile:

1 Like

Again… “rumours”…

These rumours have been there since april. I’m surprised someone assumes it would be this week (??)

That’s what I’m talking about. There’s too much rumours going on, and news and blog sites are simply making their own conclusions, speculations, and assumptions on things. That’s the problem I mentioned about journalism these days. Too many news sites are competing with each other to be the “first” to report the news, and they don’t seem to be too concerned about the accuracy, and the validity of those news. And people reading them seem to be taking them as actual fact.

Maybe we’ll know thursday ? They present it to the press on 6-24… no release date no news :cat:

Yes, exactly. We’ll know Thursday for whatever it is that they’re officially announce and preset. It’s 24/6 by the way, there’s no 24th month… (a little US formatting joke… Hahaha).

Until they officially announce whatever it is that they’re announcing on Thursday, as far as I’m concerned, Windows 11 doesn’t exist…

1 Like

Yeah - is German/Dutch - sign. Order is American, 9/11, 1/6, 6/24… Using forward slash is really silly. THE forward slash :nerd_face: it should be a directory delimiter but MS even changed THAT… Why won’t they release MSFS for a proper operating system, like Linux.

And please make up your minds how to pronounce “sch”, as in schedule and school. Lol!!!

I was stationed in Cornwall for 3 years. :blush::blush::blush:

I think to be fair YES it was very buggy but now its just a little buggy

Yeah, that worked out well. Thanks for pointing out how we got here! If you look at the versioning history of Windows 10, there are actually 12 distinct and different versions of Windows 10 that apparently do not update into the same version. (Windows 10 version history - Wikipedia)

Worse, at least one hardware vendor (Nvidia) has stopped supporting the first four versions and only the last three versions are still listed as getting “support” from Microsoft. (See the release notes for any of the recent Nvidia drivers - it’s in the Limitations section that they specifically exclude the first four Windows 10 versions.

Seeing how there are multiple versions of Windows 10 and that most of those are no longer “supported”, and that at least Nvidia specifically excludes support for the four oldest Windows 10 versions, it’s no wonder some are having issues with Nvidia drivers. AMD may be similar in their support.

Windows 10 being one OS is a myth and has led to many here not updating Windows (from version to version - I’m not referring to the standard updates). Until recently while troubleshooting my own Nvidia driver update problems, I had assumed Windows 10 was Windows 10 if you were fully updated. I was apparently wrong.

Any systems originally built before October 2017 - or rebuilt anytime since then using original media - in spite of getting all the updates - aren’t supported by Nvidia or Microsoft any more. At least the way I read all this. The only way I know to move to a later/supported version of Windows is maybe a repair (I don’t know if this works or how well) but certainly a rebuild.

It would be nice to get some clear guidance from MS/Asobo/Nvidia but I think this is what has been driving so many nuts.

If what this guy says is true, it will make virtually no performance difference.

YouTube Video

In that sense: “Yessir, go ahead! Absolutely install the product on day one… and report back here ;)”

Btw. who started this nonsense that Windows 11 would be “released” on 6/24? If at all it will be officially “announced”…

1 Like

Sorry, but I haven’t read on.a.single.news.site that Windows 11 was going to be released this June! This is just some YouTubers making things up! And people blindly “forwarding” this stuff in their social media feeds, forums like this one and what not… without spending a single second of their brain CPU!

Every serious news site (heise.de, arstechnica, …) reported - correctly so - about a “Microsoft event” where - eventually - Windows might be announced. If you read something different then you weren’t on a serious IT news site :wink:

And if you saw the state of the “leaked Windows 11 demo” which was “all over the place” (e.g. “Linus Tech Tips”) you could have figured out that there is still a loooong way to go for that version.

So blame yourself - but not the media/journalists every time :wink:

3 Likes

Reading comprehension is not the strong suit with most folks these days. Someone more than likely saw a headline with Windows 11 and June 24, didn’t bother reading the article, and went off assuming that it would be released on 6/24.

5 Likes

Yeah, but even these “serious” news sites are still drawing their own conclusion and assumptions. Let’s take CNET for example which is one of the biggest tech news sites (because I don’t know what heise.de is since I’m Indonesian and I can’t read German) Sure they only mentioned a “Microsoft Event on Thursday” But when you actually look at the link they referenced. It’s just a page, saying:

Join us to see what’s next for Windows
Watch the livestream.

06.24.21 at 11 a.m. Eastern Time | #MicrosoftEvent:

Microsoft Windows Event - Watch the June 24 LIVE stream

That’s it, there no other official information about it. Yet this article in CNET here Microsoft to unveil redesigned Windows 10 at June 24 event - CNET talks about the revamp in the design. But every paragraph is says “Rumours this, Rumours that, Rumours etc.” The only fact that it’s written that’s true is only that there’s going to be an event about the future of Windows. Everything else that’s written are based on rumours and not facts.

They could have just reported an article saying that Microsoft is planning to have a live event on 24th June to talk about what’s next for Windows. And sure, with some context coming from Satya Nadella’s talks. But they didn’t even announce what it’s called, so they shouldn’t put a name that it’s Windows 11, because that’s a baseless speculation.

Sorry, I’m just upset at these news media these days. not just IT news sites, but regular every day news media where a reputable news channel is suppose to be reporting facts, yet at night they broadcast “opinions” and conspiracy theories, simply because they’re more likely to gather more audience or clicks or popularity if they’re reporting content that people wants to hear, rather than just pure facts.

“When you don’t read the news, you’re uninformed. When you do read the news, you’re misinformed”… it’s really difficult to filter truth these days.

1 Like

Sorry, I actually didn’t mean to pursue this discussion about “journalism” (which is very off-topic anyway), but I actually read the CNET article - and I can’t find a single statement supporting the claim that Windows 11 would be released this June!

Yes, they speculate about upcoming features - that’s what IT news sites do and what we IT crowds love to discuss and speculate about, so nothing “new” here. But they make sure that each such statement is predicated with “rumored”, so it is clear that “everything is still unclear”!

So you might be biased because of your media from where you live (I live in Switzerland, and our media are pretty much okay, I must say - at least we get a broad spectrum “from left to right”, and we have a “slightly left-ish, but overall working” public TV sponsodered by the state/people). But this article doesn’t do much that I woulnd’t expect to read about some upcoming IT product! I mean, go read MacRumors for instance - nomen est omen :wink:

UPDATE:

Now in fact it is you who is insinuating that the article claimed that the new name was “Windows 11”. There is not a single mention of the name “Windows 11” in that CNET article! Check for yourself again.

Quote:

"Rumors about the big Windows 10 update, reportedly codenamed Sun Valley, have been floating around for the past year. "

(Emphasis added)

So it is made clear that not even the “code name” Sun Valley is set in stone. Then they go on and summarise the current rumors - which is fine IMHO! After all, we want to know those rumors. It’s an IT web site, not some World Health Organisation or what not. We want that infotainment.

And by the way a new Windows version was already announced (as correctly stated in the CNET article) in spring 2021, so the anticipation that Microsoft is now going to officially announce this “new Windows” is not totally speculation. It’s like saying that “it’s totally speculation!” when anticipating that Apple is going to announce their new macOS at the WWDC… :wink:

Exactly, it doesn’t mentioned it at all, yet people seem to misunderstood that it is going to be “released” coming from other dubious sources and second-hand references. Which muddles the information creating even more misunderstanding and confusion as the news gets spread around more and more.

Even so, CNET’s other article is already saying that it’s “Windows 11” even though we actually don’t have an official name for it, we just need to wait until the actual event… For all we know, they could have called it “Microsoft Doors” or something. Maybe it’s just me, I just hate reading rumours and speculations. I only want to read first-hand official statement, and rumours are just creating confusion and unrealistic expectations.

Exactly that, “Rumours”. I just hate when “news” sites are reporting on “rumours”.

Even I hate media who has their “stance” between left-right. They shouldn’t be taking sides, they should just be neutral, and report facts. Let the audience draw their own conclusion based on their own spectrum.

1 Like