Windows 11 Upgrade

The 3060’s are hash rate limited (I couldn’t afford an extra €200 for the ti).The extra performance is thanks to Afterburner and YouTube (core +121,clock +75, power limit 124 although I am about to try lower and my fans are pumped to hit full earlier).
And my HDD’s are recovered from laptops, the larger one has an extra partition with a few songs on and I really couldn’t care less if they’re slow. (that’s could care less in American :laughing:)

edit: it seems solid on stock voltage in kombuster, time to test in sim
edit edit: a few stutters at 100 … I think an undervolt to 88% is best although this might change when I’m back on 4K
edit edit edit: 179, 75, 114 … that’s [almost] my lot with this card (great with the sim but failed a burn in test) Decided to split the difference 156, 75, 90. Still cool after 3hrs stressing, all benchmarks good.

To anyone interested, it’s not worth the hassle as for the extra 2 or 3 fps the OC gives a slight stutter that I suspect only a reinstall of the sim could fix (if at all). Default everything is super smooth on mine and that is kind of hard to ignore.

Sorry Rippedink367705, I don’t have a VR unit yet so I’m unfamiliar with it.

If you have an i7, you don’t need a new CPU to upgrade to Win 11, unless it’s quite old.

That, as well as loose when they mean lose, set’s my teeth on edge, and I am American. :grimacing:

1 Like

I rolled back to W10 = put my head back on lol

1 Like

No - my performance is the same as Win 10.

3 Likes

I’m with you on that one.
Always annoys me for some reason, people spelling Lose with two O’s.

I will lose my wheels if my wheel nuts are loose.

Just did my pc health check which came back saying TPM 2.0 needs to be enabled. Will look up how to do that later but I’m not in a hurry atm. Windows 10 is supported until 2025 by MS

UserBenchmark is banned in several subreddits because of shady benchmarking standards. They made a conscious decision a year ago to suddenly weigh single-core performance significantly higher than multicore performance for processor ranking.

It’s fine if you want some benchmark numbers, but I would take those numbers with a grain of salt.

4 Likes

As long as you have the required hardware in place it’s usually just a matter of going into the bios and enabling it.

1 Like

Not quite for everyone. On my MSI board I had to first enable it and then choose version or something. It was not obvious at first glance.

Nope - not enabled by default.

It works great but you get a CTD every 5 minutes??? HUH???

2 Likes

For fresh installs it’s enabled by default, if you upgraded from Windows 10 and you didn’t have it on, then it will not be enabled

1 Like

It was just a driver problem I gues. I reinstaled MBO & nVidia drivers and had no problems since.
I thing Update process from Win 10 i maybe problematic.
Now I’m really happy with win11.

d.

Been running mine for about two months now. stable, no issues, no crashes. No issues with any games either. I do get a CTD in Sydney with MSFS using the vorbx sydney pack, but… it also CTD’d in win10.

The upgrade went well with no issues except, the calibration tool seems to be missing. No problems in calibrating my joystick in Win 10. I’ve searched far and wide and can’t seem to locate a joystick (game controller) calibration in Win 11. I’m using a Saitek AV8R and it works perfectly in Win 10, but needs calibration every few days. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

I just typed joy.cpl into the windows 11 search box and it offers me the same old controller calibration app that was available on windows 10, you can calibrate it from there I would guess.

Settings is there but the “Test” tab is missing. That’s where the calibration tool is. Rolled back to Win 10 and it looks as it should with the “Test” tab showing.

On Windows Weekly, Mary Jo Foley and Paul Thurrott agreed that Window 11 is basically Windows 10.5, reskinned. Yes, there are some important differences but Thurrott said basically everything that runs on Windows 10 is going to run the same on Windows 11. I’ve found that to be so in the two months or so that I’ve been running it.

1 Like