Wing42 Boeing 247D - Yet to turn a single wheel

That is good to hear.

Do you guys need any of these issues submitting officially somewhere?

And of course please accept my thanks for an immensely excellent piece of work.

oh absolutely, and there is a need for a cold start state to fall back upon form anywhere.

I know we’re supposed to keep an eye on the temperatures and pressures, but is there any documentation that tells us what those ranges should be?

The Wing42 website has an email address for support. I think that would be preferred over posting here.

1 Like

I recall reading about them on the documents included, and to not* let the oil go over 165F (73C). I suspect the oil temp is in C though, I fly by keeping an eye on the pressure and adjusting based on the pressure instead of oil temp.
The carb temperature I think it’s mentioned on the clipboard in the actual aircraft, to keep it above 100F.

Thanks alot.

Has anyone else tested the lighting? I have tried everything I can think of and simply cannot get any lights to work. Either interior or exterior.

Tried using all switches and dials. (Plus checking fuses.)

I am on SU9b btw.

make sure that you use the wobble pump before meshing. If you don’t have near 5 PSI when meshing it won’t actually start.

Do you have a Honeycomb Alfa and bravo? There might be some conflicting switches… (Like thee mags)

I have found that there is a bug related to the planes save state which makes it so you have to cycle the magnetos completely, i also cycle the fuel selector, and then it starts as it should.

Do you refill after the first flight? Fuel level will be as you left it after the first flight.

Thanks for the suggestion but No. However, the lighting issue has solved itself. No idea how or why. This is good but also bad as I cannot reproduce.

I have compiled a list of all my issues and sent to the Wing email, it has not been read yet afaik.

• Fuel - The weight and balance area is ignored by the plane (I think you are aware of this). This means you have to remember to add fuel using the clipboard before every flight.
  • Startup - On loading the plane for flight, the mixture and prop pitch levers are always at zero. So it stalls as soon as you press “ready to fly” even if you quickly increase throttle.
  • Mesh - Sometimes the engineer seems to have 200+ remaining tasks and just keeps trying to mesh the engine(s) over and over again for ever.
  • ATC Menu - It is impossible to communicate with ATC sometimes and it is as if the plane has decided to press buttons for you. So for example I go to the nearest airports list, but before I can click an item on the list, it seems to get clicked for me. This only happens with this aircraft. I am guessing it is something to do with the way the radio works.
  • CTRL+E - It would be great if it was fully implemented. I love the realism of engine startup etc. but sometimes it would be nice to be able to just jump in and fly away.

I am on SU9b2 but all these things were happening in SU8.

Once again usual disclaimer. I love this aircraft. This is not a complaint, just a list.

I almost wonder if your master battery switch was accidentally pulled out the first time you had the lighting issue. May have been caused by the state-saving issue.

1 Like

The fuel “issue” isn’t an issue. It’s mentioned in the manual. Always use the clipboard for weight and balance, including fuel and oil. This is probably because of the custom work they built into their own simulation engine, bypassing much of the existing SDK.

ATC is going to be hit or miss because the radio doesn’t have the tuning precision of modern digital avionics. Also mentioned in the manual.

The controller state/physical location thing is certainly a bug and Otmar said this morning he is looking into it.

1 Like

This of course is a distinct possibility. :wink:

Thanks for the extra info. Much appreciated.