Wings are now pink since su5

after a long hour of testing (which included I feel like 30 minutes of loading screens) I got this conclusion:
the fix seems to work with non 4k or 8k liveries. I installed some random a320 liveries for test from flightsim.to, all of them which were not marked as “4k” or “8k” and replaced the texture.cfg.these liveries do work in my case, no more pink textures or flipping or anything, but the AI and live traffic seems kind of odd. the sim still prefers to load some standard/default liveries. That might be because I only installed 6-7 liveries for the testing, before I also sometimes had a a320neo livery loaded, but I never had these one coloured planes standing at the gate before. I do not mean the generic planes which for example appear if you dont have the 787.

1 Like

Tried again with some more edited liveries and it seems to be working now. The more liveries you have installed, the less default aircraft are being loaded. Keep in mind I use them for static aircraft only. Am waiting desperately for a real live traffic addon.

1 Like

AI traffic needs a lot of work. I have always noticed default liveries no matter what I do. I am also anxiously waiting for a live traffic add on and it’s my understanding AIG’s will be independent of the sim. Fingers crossed. Happy the fix worked for you.

I did not read every post, but this problem more than likely comes from livery creators including files not needed for the actual livery, specifically I’ve seen the entire model folder included in a lot across various aircraft. So if there were model changes made to the plane, the livery mod is going to overwrite that and things break. Mods need to be updated against the lastest update, but they also need to stop including files not being edited.

1 Like

I got some of this pink stuff on most of my planes. I have the latest mod’s for the Cessna longitude and some others but nothing I’ve tried seems to change the pink colors. thank you

I deleted the 787 file from the community folder and re-downloaded the megapack ver.12 to swap a fresh copy of the 787 but I had no luck. The wings remained pink checkered.

Some liveries (even 4k and 8k) that are labeled as compatible with SU5 (on flightsim.to) seems to be fine. Some are not.
Asobo gave us this “Community” folder option to mod our sim to our liking and they seem to completely ignore that hours of work that we put in for mods (which THEY allowed us) goes down the drain the moment a new update (mandatory, of course) comes around.
on one hand THEY want us to tweak the sim to our liking and no the other hand they want to destroy hours of work we put in!!.

1 Like

Me and @Nerbulus were looking at this and we’re thinking it might be related to texture fallbacks for icing-specific textures. I found a few texture errors on a paint he was working on

Anyone know any fix for the AI/Vatsim liveries with purple wings since SU5?

I currently use British AvGeek’s Vatsim Model matching method, as well as having a bunch of liveries from the livery mega pack manager installed just to show up as AI traffic.

I found something that has worked for me. Please understand, I offer no guarantees or promises, but this is what I did for all the planes in my Community folder. Last week, I applied a fix I found on flightsim.to that appears to add this line:

fallback.9=…\texture\Planes_Generic

to the texture.cfg file in the texture subdirectory of each plane. That didn’t seem to work for me, so I tried a few things here and there. I found that when I made an additional change, it worked. I added another line (or moved it when it was present) so these two lines are always last:

(Please note that the forum code wouldn’t allow me to paste in the text as it is because it wants to consolidate the slashes and dots for some reason. I had to create a JPG instead:

pink

I assume you should change the number sequence to make sure they follow the other lines accordingly. You may not have to as long as they are higher numbers than the preceding lines, but I wasn’t sure so I did anyway.

If you want to try this, I strongly suggest you first backup the file if you have any reservations at all about making changes. Also, I suggest you change only one or two then test so you don’t waste hours on this if it doesn’t work for you. And if you have hundreds of planes in your Community folder and this would be way too much work, I’m sorry. It was worth it to me because I have only thirty or so, and I got tired of seeing all the pink textures.

Best of luck to you.

Another way to fix the magenta textures is to find the texture.cfg in a livery folder for the same aircraft in the base sim. Replace the texture.cfg in the livery mod with file from the base sim (make a backup just in case!). This has to be done for every single livery from pre-SU5 for every aircraft. It will obviously only work for unencrypted aircraft that come with the base sim.

You should also update the layout.json file after making any changes. The livery will work even if you don’t, but the sim will issue warnings on the dev console that files might be corrupted. You can use this tool (just drag&drop the old layout.json to the .exe to update it):

I finally fixed my pink problem by removing all of my old paint jobs that were not su5 compatible.

This what i’ve done:
-Downloaded the texture fix from flightsim.to (Texture.cfg file)
-Downloaded the MSFS Layout Generator
-Replaced texture.cfg in each livery folder.
-Located layout.json file in the liveries folder and draged it to the MSFS Layout Generator.
-Launched the sim…
I do still have a problem with the leveries, what have I done wrong?

Is this women’s month?

I have found the simplest solution and worked for me. I had this issued badly, even the default livery was all pink.

Just go to community folder, delete all the previous longitude livery folders. Go back to your your game it should be fixed.

I am now having a similar issue with the TBM. The seatbelts are displaying the pink texture issue. I do not have any custom liveries installed for the TBM, just the default liveries provided by Asobo. I do have the TBM improvement mod, but I tried removing it from my community folder which did not fix the issue. Since this is inside the aircraft, I am guessing this is not a livery issue. Any ideas? Would really like to get rid of these textures.

I just flew into Chicago at night with default liveries and the default liveries are indeed turning pink. First pic is of a320neo’s and second one is KingAir. This is a fresh install on my system btw.

Hi, I tried all the method on the forume for the problem of pink wing, and the method that has functioned is your, thank [TougherVeil5197]

For me, I not only had to change the text in the texture.cfg but also had to delete 2 files from the texture folder:

1. 787_10_AIRFRAME_WINGS_ALBD.PNG
  2. 787_10_AIRFRAME_WINGS_ALBD.PNG.DDS

And then change the layout json file and delete this line:

},
{
“path”: “SimObjects/Airplanes/Asobo_B787_10-LUFTHANSA/TEXTURE.LUFTHANSA/787_10_AIRFRAME_WINGS_ALBD.PNG.DDS”,
“size”: 2796344,
“date”: 132437052000000000

This fixed the problem for me. Hope it helps.

You need to do that for every livery? I have this problem in some of the AI-planes. And there are quite a lot of them…

must be because i usually ignore skin addons, i never see this, but i see exactly same stuff on the buildings and yes after su5