[WIP] CYOW Ottawa International for MSFS - work in progress update

wow great job!

you seem to focus on Ontario’s airport, but do you plan to make some from Québec too, like CYUL or CYQB?

Looks fantastic. I’m too am only into GA flying, so would be very interested in the development of the north end of the complex. Glad to hear you will be continuing to augment the scenery in that area in future releases. Keep up the great work.

Thanks. My two previous releases were GA airports: CYKZ and CNC3, so I will definitely make the GA area nice. So the update will follow a short time after the initial release.

Awesome! I started seeing it pop in more sceneries and I thought maybe it’s due to some update they did to the SDK or something. Even more hyped for this scenery and looking forward to that update :wink:

No, that’s not related to SDK updates. Just using some tricks to use supported bone animation to make people characters move. Kind of a hack, like most things with SDK as almost nothing is well-documented. My people at the airport are static, but it’s a good idea to add walking and animated people to appropriate places.

1 Like

OMG, this looks stunning!! Keep up the great work!! Can’t wait to enjoy it! :heart_eyes: Please do include the white fabric hangar next to the blue hangar, it’s part of the Ottawa Flying Club (the inside is brownish)
I fly at the Ottawa Flying Club, let me know if you need any pictures!!

I definitely need pictures, as I don’t have any, especially the signs and hangar interior, and exterior too. The OFC details will come in an update a bit later, but soon. For initial release OFC area is improved wih generic buildings that match the real once better than the autogen. But in the update the white hangar will be there, especially if you get me some photos :slight_smile:

Updated 9/4/2021: More preview screenshots. It’s getting close to final!

I’m very excited about this. Lots of effort, but MFS rendering engine is gorgeous! With all the lighting and weather, feels so real…

6 Likes

Looks exactly like real life! The entrance of the airport looks so realistic!! Phenomenal work! Absolutely cannot wait for this!!

1 Like

It looks even better now. As soon as I’m done with taxiway lighting and final touches I’m releasing it. Hopefully this week, if I don’t hit any issues.

3 Likes

Can’t wait man, this looks sooo good, Great work :ok_hand:t5:

Just released! Will create a new topic now.

3 Likes

That’s crazy, I stumbled on your post 5 minutes ago and now it’s released? I’ll buy it right away , I’m from gatineau and would love to see that small airport fixed as well…there’s a red tower in the middle of the runway lol …not convenient. Thanks for your addon, it looks impressive!
I’m glad that I can buy local even in MSFS haha! :smiley:

Just bought it…maybe I’m your first customer :smiley: can’t wait to try it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok so I just tried it and it works flawlessly and love all the added details compared to the original one. Thank you for that great addon Roman :smiley:

You’re very welcome! Let me know if you encounter any issues or notice anything weird, so I can deal with them in the upcoming update. I’ve done this single-handednly, so no QA team to test it besides myself.

About to buy it myself as well, I only saw this just now :laughing: Thanks for all your hard work on this beautiful airport :pray:t5:

1 Like

Bought it last night as soon as it came out!! Trying it now! Thank you very much for this scenery, cannot wait for the OFC update!!

You’re welcome! I’m working on the OFC already. And adding a bridge.

You’re very welcome! Let me know how your first flight to/from CYOW goes.