Women in MSFS2020?

Yeah, not a lot of women I know get much of a kick out of pretending to be an Airline Captain or behaving like an idiot showing off in a fast jet buzzing people trying to practice circuits :smiley:

The non-simming ones are much more inclined to say things like “we went to London before Covid, go there, I want to see if I recognise anything”. As opposed to non-simming (mainly younger admittedly) male friends who are all “can you fly an F18 upside down under the Brooklyn Bridge” and ask you to do a “barrel” roll when they have zero idea what a barrel roll actually is and really mean a aileron roll…

There is a definite age and gender difference in what interests people when gaming.

1 Like

I think the only reason there’s gender difference when it comes to this is simply because of who the kids see participating. If a little girl grows up with her big sister, mother, and friends all playing flight sims, they’d probably be much more inclined to get into it as well. Same thing with actual aviation in general. That’s why representation is so important. But the wheel is finally beginning to creak along as much more women are getting into aviation now than previous generations. At some point it will begin to snowball and then there will be close to a 50/50 split one day (hopefully).

As to an age difference, I’ve been pretending to be an airline pilot since I was 12 with MSFS 98 :grin:. Eventually I became a real pilot, but I’m like to pretend sometimes.

4 Likes

True.

Interesting story, a friend of the family when she was 16 showed an interest in flying as a career, encouraged by her grandfather who used to own a Tiger Moth in South Africa back in the 50’s but her mother stepped in and forbid her flying till she was 18 (mum was terrified of flying) and she lost interest. The girl is now in her mid 20’s and running her own quarter of a million dollar a year company and drives an Audi sports car, has won all sorts of awards and even made the national news here when she took on a major retailer in a copyright dispute and won, her only connection with flying is now international business trips - but it would have been interesting to see if she would have been just as successful in aviation.

1 Like

Bemint she flies on her twitch channel

Watch beMint with me on Twitch! Twitch

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:sorry made me laugh

What made you laugh?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.