[Work-in-progress] Marble Canyon (L41), Arizona

Hello simmers !

I have just started the development of Marble Canyon (L41) in Arizona. If you want to support, please click on I want this too! This very small field is an unbelievable opportunity to land your light aircraft right into the Canyon! And you can depart from Page, KPGA a recent free release of mine, just 5 minutes away with a C172.

The airport infrastructure :slightly_smiling_face: is very light, so I challenge my 3D Blender skills by building some buildings on the other side of the street: the gas station, post office, restaurant (where you pay the fee) and the lodge. I’ll also try to fix the Navajo brige satellite image.

As my previous freeware, I choose this airfield because it was on my bucket list in real: https://youtu.be/lLfQBkanSZ8

If you want to support, please click on “I want this too!” : Sceneries Requests - Marble Canyon AZ Airport (L41) and Town - Flightsim.to

​

9 Likes

Is that near a large (high span) bridge over the river?

To go with your great work…some real life action…

1 Like

Yep, actually a twin Navajo bridge.

2 Likes

When I was in high school in the 90s, my buddy and I flew from Scottsdale to that airport for lunch. Beautiful area. Looking forward to seeing your work!

4 Likes

Thank you all for your feedback. Development is slowly progressing.

3 Likes

Pictures of the day. The biggest part are done, and maybe the easiest among all to be realized. Now there’s a lot of tweak and fix to be done ;(

6 Likes

Ok, my bad. It’s not usefull for pilots and let’s consider this as an Blender exercice. It wasn’t planned initially but finally I’ll try to build the Navajo Interpretative & Visitor Center, right at the Navajo Bridge(s) :slightly_smiling_face: Expect some delays for landing.

… it couldn’t’ be worst than the default autogen-like version, isn’t it ?

3 Likes

First public version released and waiting for you comments: [Freeware] Marble Canyon Airport (L41), Arizona