Workaround For Bravo Trim Wheel (Slowness)

Yes it sucks. It seems all this hardware is based on the same pots sensors etc. I bought it used from someone and while i might be able to RMA if i worked with him i doubt i would as the issue is pretty minor, id rather learn to live with it. I can always use the trim on the yoke for precision adjustments i suppose.

Ive opened up my old hotas to fix jitter on the rudder and ive seen people open the bravo but as it stands now ill just deal with it…

I’m using this and so far have only flown the TBM with it. It does seem to work well you just need to be aware when transitioning from AP, at least for me in the TBM, there is a significant loss of pitch but it is quickly recoverable. You just need to decide if you can handle that sudden nose dive. If flying commercial be aware you’re gonna’ upset a lot of folks in the back. :nauseated_face:

v1.1 is now on FlightSim.to

Updates

• Built in preset for Honeycomb Bravo
  • Automatic button detection rather than having to know the number of the input button
  • Tray icon start/stop/exit
  • Windows bug fixes
3 Likes

I started looking into this using the keyboard trim commands to eliminate peripheral calibration and mechanical errors. (One “up trim” keyboard press followed by one “down trim” should return trim to zero.) There were some minor differences between up and down trim amounts. There were some differences between aircraft but these may be due to elevator/trim surface and system differences.

That’s interesting. Sadly my issue is repeatable outside of the sim. I can see the lights in control panel flashing at different rates. But it’s good to know that issue may be compounded slightly by variances in aircraft as well.

My workaround is use lower sensitivity within the Authentikit axis settings and just build up muscle memory with the slight difference. That and use the ‘electric’ trim on the yoke for precision stuff.

Thanks for the reply and good idea on using the keyboard to verify the 1:1 ratio of up vs down. That didnt occur to me.

1 Like

After following the instructions I find that the nose down is very smooth but, the nose up is very jerky.
Is there a solution or have I done something wrong

What do you have your sensitivity set to?

I found 360 seems to work well for GA.

Sensitivity is 101 will give 360 a try

1 Like

Still the same, thanks for response

1 Like

Did you change the sensitivity in the simulator controls options? I had the same issue the first time. After setting the v joy axis sensitivity to -0 it’s all good now.

Edit: After playing with the settings more I set it to -40 on the sim and the sensitivity on the app at 400. It’s much smoother. You can play with the settings until you find what feels best.

2 Likes

I will give it a try and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi, did you manage to get a solution to this? I am having the same issue where the app does not show the profile mapping etc. Its unusable.

They actually made a package on flightsim.to that has the profile built.

I deleted all the other profile and just use the Rudder.

1 Like

Ok thanks. I will try it out.

Update: even though the UI is still broken for me, I can bypass it by choosing the honeycomb profile from the menu. Works just fine when activated. Thank you very much for the pointer.

1 Like

I had the same problem and found a solution - hope this helps!

Right click on your desktop, click Display Settings, click “Advanced scaling settings”, change “Custom scaling” to 100. Windows will force you to logout to apply the new setting. If you have a 4k display like me, things will look very small, but the Authentikit Tuning App will work correctly. Once you get it working the way you want, you can remove the Custom scaling and things will go back to normal size (and Authentikit UI will be jumbled again, but otherwise work fine).

Even better, I found you can fix scaling for just that one app.

Find the AuthentikitTrimCalibration.exe, right-click Properties, click Compatibility, click Change high DPI settings, check the two check-boxes for Program DPI and High DPI scaling override. Finally (this worked for me anyway), select when “I open this program” in the first dropdown and “System (Enhanced)” in the second dropdown. Apply and enjoy.

Ian has just posted a new version that fixes the display of the GUI for most text and graphics settings that are greater than the default value of 100%. It’s available on flightsim.to as the current version, 1.2.2

Yes I had this problem (Normal when trimming up and erratic when trimming down) and also found the solution. Go to your “Controls Options” in MSFS, make sure you select “VJOY DEVICE” at the top, then click “sensitivity” on the left top, Make sure all your axis settings are set at 0, except for “reactivity” which is 100. RESET doesn’t seem to work for one or the other reason and puts the weird curve back again.
I found it hard or impossible to get zero with the manual sliders, but +1 or -1 is still OK.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

My issues occurs before I even load the sim so I doubt this will work but I’m 100% going to check anyway. Thanks for posting!

They posted a new package on flightsim.to

Scaling Improvements for DPI / Text Size / Scaling for Windows 10 and 11
Bug Fix: Values not saved on Button Mapping
Bug Fix: Crashes when loading an empty file
Load dialogue now defaults to last save location
Updated from .Net 5 (now out of support) to .Net 6
Integrated MSI Installer that doesn’t require separate installation of .Net
Version number now appears on the banner
Outputs are initialised to ensure pickup in sim

1 Like