Working Title CJ4 0.7.1 Released

Yeah, the CJ4, even in real life, does not have any kind of autothrottle. So, you’ll need to keep an eye on your speed. It does have VNAV though, which we’re working on bringing to the sim.

Cool. You guys are great. I have learned so much about aircraft systems and flying using your mod.

Oh wow. Ground power is by parking spot!! That makes things more interesting. That means I can no longer just pull up on a ramp and just park. I have to find an official parking spot.

That may be a bit challenging, but now I gotta plan my parkings too. More fun and immersion.

Thanks.

Is there any method for changing the Active Leg (and avoiding the erratic turns “proposed” from the game during the approaches) from the FMS? In a similar way to the Garmin

Thank you so much for all your talented work! I installed the mod yesterday (very easy) and learned so much about the CJ4 in one day! The mod is amazing ! The video very helpful! and love the SOP too! I really enjoy learning the CJ4, but was struggling until I came across your work! Thank You !

1 Like

What am I missing installing this patch? I downloaded it, unzipped it, and placed in the MSFS community folder, but I still have the old FMC functions. Is there something else I need to do?
Thanks

Any help on how to get this to work. I followed the directions, but it’s still not working. There must be more to installing this than just copy it to the MSFS community folder.

Hello, is there anyone out there who flew the CJ4 or a comparable jet in real life and uses the Honeycomb Yoke? Would be interesting to hear what sensitivity settings come close to the handling of the real plane?

First of all I want to say a huge THANK YOU for all the work you guys put into this aircraft. It’s so much fun to fly and I barely fly anything else. And with your regular updates, adding more and more functionality, you keep me on my toes and learning more about the aircraft all the time.

I did have an issue tonight when flying version 0.7.1 online on IVAO (using their latest version of Altitude Pilot Client).
ATC gave me a direct-to, and when I selected the waypoint in the FMS, the moment I hit EXEC, Flight Simulator crashed to desktop. This hasn’t happened to me before in any of the earlier versions of the CJ4.

1 Like

Also from my side thanks for the awesome job on the CJ4 mod!

One small issue I found is with the electrical amp indication. There seem’s to be a negative/positive inversion. The amp shows a positive figure while draining the battery (engines not running, no GPU), as soon as the generators would generate juice, the amp drops to a negative indication. It should be the other way around. Possibly this issue is also present in the default model, I didn’t check.

Hi and Thank you for finally making the CJ4 useable. It’s the plane that I purchased FS to fly, (along with the King Air which I gave up on). Don’t even get me started on the TBM (an even bigger dissapointment). Anyway…

Yesterday I did two flights in the CJ with the latest update and had a few issues. The first was being unable to modify the approach waypoints. I wanted to skip the distant fix and go direct to a closer one but it kept saying unable to modify approach (or something similar). The more serious issue was the total failure of the autopilot on my second flight. It would show the HDG, FMS1, Alt, VS etc on the display but would not show AP nor follow any selected setting. I had to hand fly it for over an hour fighting the inconsistent trim adjustments constantly. I tried every setting on and off but nothing changed. I even turned off the avionics master but instead of re-setting it just came back on with all the same settings non-functioning.

Another issue I’ve been having in a few of the aircraft has been a disconnect of all my flight controls during a flight. The plane suddenly starts to roll over with no response until I go back to the menu and then back into flight and it works again. Same thing happened while taxiing with brakes and nose wheel steering.

Not a complaint just a report of what happened. Keep up the great work!

Unfortunately, the hardcoded sim plan builder system (which we are still using) does not allow for approach waypoints to be changed. It can cause all sorts of problems, so for the time being it is disabled.

This one is definitely funky. Along with your other flight controls issue I suspect controller problems. If you get it into the air, get it level, then disconnect your controller, do you still have the same AP and flight control issues?

That’s very generous of you, much appreciated!

When I was having the AP issues, the flight controls were working fine. I’ve had the flight control issues with the A320 and Caravan over the past week. But going back out to the controls menu and back fixes it. The AP issue was very consistent and just couldn’t get it to reset. Looked for breakers but not sure they work at all. Was on an RNAV final approach but no guidance other than dotted line to final. The FMC seemed to be working fine with correct fixes and updates but no AP or guidance.

I can’t necessarily speak to the other AP issues, they’re strange enough that I’d definitely need a video to sort it out because we haven’t had a similar report, but for sure RNAV approaches in the sim are not fully working. You will most likely not get vertical guidance for them, unless they happen to also tie into an ILS freq (a few do).

Let us know if you get into a similar AP issue again.

This mod really has made the CJ4 so much better ! I’m really enjoying it! Thank You! I’ve had similar challenges with VS,HDG,ALT as SkySteve53… every time I fly. While every time I fly, I’ve not been able to pin down what use case or scenario that causes it. What I’m finding is VS,HDG,ALT tend to either turn themselves on/off when I didn’t want that… even the HDG changed on me a few times. But can’t sort why. It appears like all is fine until I change views to check other instruments and such? The other thing I’ve noticed is AP likes to set the trim to either a max up or max down position. So if I turn AP off to take control and get level again… I first have to quickly reset my trim to get control… btw: the hint/tip to zoom in or zoom out (especially when tuning radios) was an awesome tip! really helps a lot! If there are certain use cases that I should test… more then happy to! again, thanks so much for this MOD !!

Many thanks for this great work! It is incredible what is being done here and how much more fun and realism has now been created for the CJ4.

Perfect!

Hi there, after the update (both mod and game) the Skuawk does not work again, did someone of you tried?

1 Like

Worked for me today and previously.

ATC kept telling me to check my squawk… I had to change from STBY to TA/RA on the FMC from the TUN button… bottom right corner.

Something else that just happened. Opened the VFR Map (I have never used it) to see what it was and my flight plan disappeared from the FMC

How to land using rnav? I have trouble asking the autopilot to lower itself to runway along the glideslope

Looks like the new FS update yesterday caused the sim to stop loading the Working Title update… just loads the default aircraft for me.