Working Title CJ4 0.8.3 - Open Beta - RNAV, LPV, VNAV, FADEC - v1.12.13.0 compat

I would like to add my thanks as well. Flew a VNAV descent into KDCA today and the plane behaved beautifully.

So I basically have it narrowed down: I NEVER get CTD if I just start the flight at origin with NO flightplan from the MSFS planner or any other planner and just plan everything out in FMC. If I start a flight with a plan selected, even though I create a new one in FMC, I am bound to get a CTD. There is something to do with that.

1 Like

Did a quick VNAV test on a short flight from KSDL to KLAX. The SEAVU2 arrival with ILS 25L is a great test for VNAV, as there are a lot of stepdown fixes. Overall, it did really well! Great improvement. Looking forward to trying some RNP approaches next. Thanks for all the work on this. Probably wouldn’t fly the CJ if this mod wasn’t produced.

I wasn’t planning on doing a video, but figured I would upload one in case it helps anyone with the FMS / Avionics. No narration or anything, but if you change the resolution to 2160p, you should be able to read everything.

01:43 - Flight Plan Entry (Route, SID / STAR)
03:26 - MFD Advance (Cycling the map)
04:07 - PERF INIT (Takeoff Performance)
05:55 - Electronic Checklist
06:36 - Takeoff from KSDL
11:15 - Direct to a waypoint
14:50 - VNAV altitudes chart vs FMS
22:00 - Altitude set to bottom of arrival, VNAV armed
24:02 - Approaching Top of Descent (VPATH alive)
26:15 - ARRVD Intersection, ALT Range Ring for 17,000’
29:57 - Approaching SEAVU (Discontinuity removed)
33:44 - ILS Ghost needles on PFD, minimums set and approach speeds set
38:12 - Outside Final Approach Fix - NAV transfer to green needles
39:31 - Glideslope capture - final landing checks
41:36 - Landing at KLAX

6 Likes

Fantastic, thanks! You should share this in discord - I think it helps people to see vids of the plane in use.

1 Like

Thanks @CutthroatPath73! I tried to mimic what would be expected on a real flight. I may do a more polished video after the update tomorrow (well, after things get fixed after the sim update! :thinking:). You guys probably know most bugs, but there may be a few I can add to the list. I am pretty familiar with the Collins avionics. Would Github be a good place to list a few? Or are you guys good in that department.

Hi, thanks for this Mod. I have a question:
I load one flightplan from Simbrief and it appears correctly in CDU with SID and STAR with mandatory minimum altitudes but the other legs speeds and altitudes are empty ----/------.
Is there a system (or is my mistake) to automatically fill the legs with CRUISE SPEED/ALT values instead to fill manually one by one ?
Thanks

That´s how the real unit works.
Unlike Boeing or Airbus you only have the hard-coded values or the ones you fill in manually, such as restrictions given by ATC (“Descend to reach Waypoint XXX flight level XXX”).

1 Like

OK @TenurialCell52 , thanks for attention.

Hi
Thanks for the comment.
It might help me as I have had CTDs every time in the last 24hrs I have tried - 5 times! I really want to use this mod as its so much better than the default - so this I’ll start without a plan this time and see if it helps.

1 Like

Let me know if it works. Though the sim update today most likely nukes this mod for a while.

Well, I don’t know about the update, but it absolutely works! Thanks a bunch- it’s brilliant. Now I just have to learn to fly it properly… lol

Ray

1 Like

The mod is broken as expected. A positive side of this is that I will appreciate the mod even more when it’s fixed. Going back to vanilla CJ4 is really depressing!

3 Likes

Does re-installing the Mod after the update work?

The mod is broken right now.

Just to say what everyone probably already knows - we are currently working on an update for the CJ4 to make it compatible with sim version 1.12.13.0.

We will post v0.8.2 when we’re done working through the many changes. This was a massive update to the sim and aircraft and there are many changes we need to incorporate to reach compatibility.

Thanks for your patience.

9 Likes

And happy to announce v.0.8.2 is out with v1.12.13.0 compatibility. Links and docs updated at the top.

8 Likes

You guys kick butt! Great hustle! Thank you!

Hi everyone,

First of all thanks for providing this awesome mod.It greatly improves the Citation experience.

I’m struggling with entering the flight plan correctly. Specifically, I’m getting discontinuities and don’t know how to solve them. In the flight plan, I enter my departure and arrival airports. Then I go to the DEP/ARR page and select the runways, and if available, the SIDs/STARs applicable.

However, I’m usually getting discontinuities between my departure and the last waypoint before the arrival airport. I’m guessing this occurs when there’s no SID/STAR available, and the computer can’t figure out a way to get from to Rx. I’ve tried adding waypoints or airways manually in the FPLAN and LEGS pages, but the computer won’t take them.

Can anyone tell me how I can fix discontinuities?

Thanks for the patch! You are the greatest! Payware providers can take an example from this. Unbelievable. If there was an Oscar for the best mod and the best and fastest support: You would get it!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! You not only made my day. You made my holiday :slight_smile:

Greetings from Hamburg!

1 Like

You may see this when VECTORS is laid in there by the computer. This means that after you take off… fly runway heading until you are told where to go (vectored). In the case of no ATC or not using it, take off and fly runway heading, then click the DIR button on the left side of the MFS and select the next waypoint, then you will be god to go after pressing the NAV button above the MFD. To fix a discontinuity select the waypoint below it on the MFS and paste it over the discontinuity.

1 Like