Working Title CJ4 0.8.3 - Open Beta - RNAV, LPV, VNAV, FADEC - v1.12.13.0 compat

Discontinuities are inserted pretty much every time a procedure is added because the FMC doesn’t know if you want to connect that procedure with the existing plan or add more waypoints. In order to clear a discontinuity, you can simply delete it, or you can click on the first waypoint after the discontinuity and then press the line select key next to the discontinuity and the FMC will move that waypoint up.

This becomes only slightly more challenging when a discontinuity is preceded by a (vect) vector leg. This happens when a procedure ends with a vector - which occurs often at the beginning of a departure procedure or at the end of an arrival procedure. In these cases, if you want to connect the waypoints and not fly the vector, you need to pick up the waypoint after the discontinuity, like described above, but instead of inserting it on the discontinuity, insert it on the (vect) leg.

Hope that helps - there are some good youtube videos showing people removing disco legs also.

2 Likes

Thanks again guys this is awesome!

Ah gotcha! I thought that I was entering my flight plan wrong, but from your responses I gather that discontinuities are an acceptable thing to have. So far I’ve fixed them by going directly to the waypoint after the discontinuity, but I want to see if I can delete it, too. Thanks guys!

Wow this was amazingly fast!

Once again about the discontinuities, pasting something in there doesn’t quite work. Here’s what I have:

CJ4|466x339

I’ve tried to paste CLR, RX027, and RW027 into the discontinuity, but it returns ’ UNABLE MOD DISCON’. Does it have to be a navigation fix perhaps?

yeah, my mistake. not on the discontinuity but onto the vector line or paste onto magenta colored entry.

Thanks for sharing the pic, would you mind creating a github issue for that - does look like a bug specific to visual approaches. You can get around it for now by using the DIR (direct to) page and choosing the RX027 fix as your direct to.

This has been updated to v0.8.3.

2 Likes

Is it possible to start from the gate in ready-to-taxi state?

@CutthroatPath73, have you heard of any issues following the glideslope on the latest 0.8.3 version? Just did 3 ILS approaches. First one was fine, then on the next 2 the autopilot captures the glideslope, but the descent rate is excessive and it immediately goes to full scale deflection too low.

Here is a video on the 2nd flight. (left the autopilot on to see what it would do). Glideslope intercept is around the 11min 15sec mark.

Not specifically anything new. For now we still use the default AP for ILS, and it’s always flown it a bit low despite our attempts to resolve. We’re considering our options…

ok, thanks for the info. Wasn’t sure if anything was tweaked, but sounds like that isn’t the case if it is the default AP. It definitely went full scale deflection about 10 seconds after capture. And repeated it exactly on the next identical scenario.

I’ve been flying more RNAVs lately for this reason, and because I find so many ILS beacons missing with Navigraph + third party airports. It can be pretty frustrating at times. I’m going to try to track down the RNAV lateral deviations tomorrow since that is in our control.

It does feel like GS following has been degraded, so when I do fly an ILS I tend to take the opportunity to practice hand flying :sunglasses:

We’ll get it nailed down eventually though, of that I’m certain.

1 Like

do you guys get crash with this plane? after this update I get many crashes but I guess is from game not this mod just to confirm

Never had a CTD before, now I have installed this mod and I’ve had 3 in the space of 3 flights - no error messages. Reverting back to the default CJ4. Will report back what happens.

1 Like

yes i try 2 flights with cj4 and after takeoff the sim crash both was from klax i ll try with the a320 let see

Some people are definitely having CTDs and many are not. Our best advice right now is to only enter the starting position on the world map and use the FMC to import the flight plan from simbrief or add it manually. That solves it for many people. We are working with Asobo to track it down by sharing full crash dumps with them.

1 Like

Have now done 2 flights successfully in the default CJ4 with no CTD, and 3 with a CTD using the MOD. Such a shame, as it’s so useful to have the extra features it gives. Fingers crossed for an update soon!

This is the procedure I follow and it works every time with no CTDs.

Yep, 3 CTDs in a row trying to plan a flight with the MSFS world map flight planner. Using Simbrief and/or manually entering the flight plan in the MDCU have so far been so good.