Working Title CJ4 Discussion Thread

Let’s please stay On-Topic folks. You can definitely discuss favorite spots to fly in #community:world-discovery for example. Thanks!

3 Likes

I am 84, retired airline pilot including 4000 hours 767/757 glass cockpit with Collins FMC. I know how to use the real FMC The Sim CJ4 a year ago had a rather non-functioning FMC. When Working Title … v02.12.13 came out it was heaven, FMC worked.
Microsoft SU 10 came out and all CJ4 cockpit screens turned white. WT … v02.12.14 fixed the white screens but reverted the CJ4 back to the old default. (Maybe I did that fiddling around), Now I cannot get back the functioning FMC on the CJ4. Reinstalling MSFS twice did no good. Help an old man! Fix my CJ4 FMC.
Strange thing on the Content Manager. I deleted all CJ4 liveries except the default.
“… CJ4 ________INSTALLED, VERSION: 0.1.85 330.53 MIB _______Up to date”
The item below reads:
“WORKINGTITLE -CJ4-V0.12.14 ______ NOT INSTALLED _________COMMUNITY”
Selecting that line and clicking the blue icon gives, “Waiting”
How long? Nothing happens. Clicking “OK”, blue icon goes away.
Putting WORKINGTITLE -CJ4-V0.12.14, WORKINGTITLE -CJ4-V0.12.13, or nothing, blank, in the Community folder makes no difference. All I get is the Old ”default” CJ4.

Did you completely delete the old mod before copying the new version into your Community Folder?

Since the mod “replaces” the default CJ4, and you’re seeing the old CJ4, I think you probably didn’t install the mod correctly somewhere. Try deleting it and reinstalling.

Not sure why the AP issue, maybe a mod conflict?

The lines in the Content Manager that are for objects in the Community Folder that read “Not Installed” doesn’t mean they don’t work.
The way MSFS works is, it loads all items in the Community Folder when the sim starts.
They do not have to be installed by the Content Manager.
This “Not Installed” notice in this case only means that the Content Manager did not install it, which of course it didn’t have to, because simply being in the Community Folder is sufficient.

Put the folder inside the downloaded folder inside your Community folder to get the WT CJ4 which uses the default CJ4 airplane.

Yeah, you did something wrong with your install. I have the latest CJ4 installed and it’s not using the default plane.

Did you check inside that folder to make sure there isn’t another folder?

There is only one CJ4 airplane in FS2020, the default Asobo one.

Yes and if you install the Working Title CJ4 mod, it wil modify that aircraft. What I’m telling you is that I have the mod installed and CJ4 in my hangar has the WT mods. You seem to be saying that you do not have those mods.

What you said might confuse @HornOstrich8209 who is the OP having the problem.

Did you mean to say use the zip file? Don’t you have ti extract the zip file first?

Yep – I missed that!
ps. I’m coming from the A320NX, and similar looking symbols (on the A320’s centre EFIS displays) show the realtime movement of the actual control surfaces.

1 Like

The file that is downloaded is a zip file.
Unzip it.
And put the folder that is in this zip file into your Community folder.

Thanks so much for your help. I did unzip the file before adding it to the community folder. Didn’t work.
History:
When purchased over a year ago the default CJ4 FMC was very limited. Then the Working Title -v0,12,13 came out. I unzipped the file, put it into the community folder and it worked - it modified the default CJ4. I could edit the legs page and fly RNAV approaches. It was great.
After SU10 we all got white screens on the CJ4. Goodbye legs page.
Working Title .v0.12.14 came out and fixed the white screens but for some reason it does not modify the old default CJ4, my current problem.
I want to uninstall the Sim but also delete everything they have on the cloud. Some say that is impossible.
I’m retired and have the time. I will backup my files then to a complete reinstallation of Windows 10.
Something went wrong and I want to get back the CJ4 Mod that Working Title built for us. I want the FMC legs page they built.
Thanks again for the help.

I would join the WT Discord.

They will be able to help you resolve the problem.

@HornOstrich8209 . Look above in this thread - you may have to update the PMS 50 gtn file, Bishop398 pointed me in the right direction and CasualClick explained what the PMS stuff is.

Before you go through uninstalling everything again, read above and give it a try.

Hi,
Just started flying the CJ4 again after quite some time. Forgot how much I enjoy flying this plane :slight_smile:

Just a question about entering refs speeds from the Refs menu (e.g. VRF, VAP etc.):

Screenshot (285)

What is the purpose of checking these speeds? Besides sending the ref speeds from the FMC approach page, I don’t seem to note a difference whether I check these speeds or not.

Checking them means they should show up on your PFD for reference.

…plus you have to go through the PERF menu on the FMS to calculate and SEND the actual speeds to your airspeed tape.

For both Takeoff and Approach, you only need the outside air temperature in Celsius, and optionally the airfield wind in the format xxx/yy where xxx is degrees, yy is knots. Then click on the Next menu and click SEND.

Thanks, but this is what I usually already do.

Normally it’s not needed to check these speeds from the Refs menu after I have send them from the Takeoff/Approach page on the FMC. They always appear on the airspeed tape, even if I don’t check them. So that’s why I wondered what the added value is of these checkboxes.

The check boxes put them in the bottom corner of the PFD, if I recall correctly…