Working Title CJ4 Discussion Thread

I completely understand the concept. I don’t fly Vatsim that often so, I will usually go direct to the waypoint after the discont or create my own vectors. So, I was hoping to find a get-around like the CRJ and 737. Just copy and paste onto it. I do like using the dep/arr features. Maybe I need to key the entire route waypoint by waypoint to get what I want?

I appreciate the replies and learned a little bit today!

When you do the delete, don’t delete on the “discontinuity” part, delete on the magenta “VECT” part, that should clear it.

1 Like

Or, instead of deleting it, wait until you pass that waypoint and do a DIRECT TO the next one manually. This would mimic Real World procedure

1 Like

So, I’ve been using the working title CJ4 for the first time. For some reason the fuel
consumption seems a bit excessive. According to google, the range of the aircraft should be 2165nm
but after 1100 nm I’m already running on empty. FL 360, no wind, no icing, engines were running at around 80%.
Version is 0.12.14. Couldn’t find anything in the “known bugs” section. Anyone else have that
problem, or am I doing something wrong?

As on the real unit, you cannot delete a discontinuity that follows a VECT leg. You can, however, decide not to fly the VECT leg if you so choose. So, you can either delete the VECT leg (which will also clear the discontinuity) or you can move one of the other legs up to the VECT leg (which will replace the VECT leg and also clear the discontinuity).

I discovered that while playing around with the jet last night! It’s all coming together! Thanks for chiming in!

We Working Title simmers hold Bishop398 in high regard
and appreciate his excellent work and any knowledge he is willing to offer us.

Hear! Hear! :sunglasses:

no problem with flights more than 1700nm

1 Like

That’s the maximum range, and is probably achieved at maxumim economy power setting.
Play around with this Textron Aviation Range Map, and notice how the actual range is shorter, achieved at FL450, and how it also depends on passenger load.

Read the fine print on range maps - they usually assume zero wind effect and have some disclaimers as to payload.

Started flying this plane yesterday with the mod and it quickly shot up to one of my favorites. Thanks to the developers. I love it.

Just noticed that on the Nav/MFD screen, in the top-right area, the “AIL”, “RUD” and “ELEV” control-surface indicators do not move. They are always dead-centre. Moving the stick or rudder has no effect.
Does anyone see them moving?

Aren’t those the trim settings? Try adjusting your elevator trim while you’re on the ground to see what happens. You should also see them move when autopilot is engaged.

1 Like

Those are trims. I check mine before every takeoff.

1 Like

Flew my CJ4 this weekend from WalvisBay Namibia to St Helena island in the Atlantic. I got a mod on flightsim.to to complete the airport at St Helena. Its an epic flight that only specially trained pilots with special aircraft can fly due to the extreme wind shear at the St Helena airport and basically no other airport to divert too. Its worth the try.

PS: the wind shear is there in the sim. Its great fun even to just do touch and goes.

The airport mod.

1 Like

I’ll add this to my list! I’ve not done any African tours, so maybe I’ll fly from the US down to Brazil and hop over to St. Helena on the way to Africa.

1 Like

I’ve flown all over Africa. Since i am from South Africa. :blush:

2 Likes

Got any favorite spots?

A fly a lot at the Southern point of South Africa. FAOH, FAGG, FABW, FAPE, FACT.

Then Namibia is awesome too. I love the views in the desert.

Okavango Delta in Botswana. Flew my Kodiak over there for a couple of days.

Egypt Giza is pretty cool plus the Suez Canal.

Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania is the tallest mountain in Africa.

I am still exploring.

1 Like