Working Title CJ4 Discussion Thread

Thats perfectly fine, I have to check 4 or 5 locations for all the MODS i use, but it is what it is, cheers :+1:

BUG: The small diamond indicates VS on FD display was present in 9.0 and is gone in 9.1

usually with planes that dont have auto thottle, when you hit the TOGA switch it places the Vbars at something like 10 degree pitch up(different from plane to plane)

Ya, but I like to preset my FLC speed to 240kt prior to takeoff and when I hit TOGA, it erases it

You cannot do that on the ProLine 21. TO mode takes over both your selected lateral and vertical modes. But, you donā€™t necessarily have to use TO if you donā€™t want to, either. It doesnā€™t affect throttle at all, as the CJ4 has no auto-throttle. So itā€™s an advisory flight director mode to give some guidance for 10 degrees of nose up pitch and runway heading.

-Matt

I have been putting CJ4 in hold with 8.3 as I got regularly CDT (FS.exe) crash.
With 9.1 I have been able to do an IFR flight without CDT.
All the commands which where necessary for the flight have been working.
Frequency of ILS was not stored when loading the MSFS plan. I recall that it was doing it correctly on 8.3.
I can now learn more about the different features of this autopilot.
Many thanks to the developpers.
Philippe

2 Likes

To all the wonderful and talented people behind the development of the Working Title CJ4 ā€¦a very big thank you.

Today I gathered enough courage to fly your CJ4 and what an enjoyable experience. Everything works so perfectly and smoothly in my short flight my LSZH to LFSB. She is now my favorite aircraft.

A lovely flight and a smooth landing. Only realized upon landing that she has no reverse thrust. Sigh! Itā€™s so clearly documented!!! Your manual was so very critical for folks like me. I would have been totally lost without it.

Thank you again and loving hugs :hugs: for giving me and everyone else a truly enjoyable experience.

3 Likes

A great big THANK YOU to the Working Title team for an awesome job on the CJ4. I, like others, had frequent CTD issues after the December MSFS release, but it was well worth it given the incredible improvements to the flight model (what a pleasure to hand fly!), and the new features available in the FMS. Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!

1 Like

Iā€™m a frequent visitor to these forums, but donā€™t usually post. I just wanted to say how awesome this package is. Iā€™m usually flying the airliners, but Iā€™m now addicted to the CJ4. Thank you!

1 Like

I can say that 0.9.1. gives me a CTD-free experience. Great job, team! I was still getting a few CTDs with 8.3, but so far so good on this one. You have all done an incredible job!

1 Like

Hi there, great update as always! One question: does it create something like an automatic RNAV approach when do dial-in the approach runway - without specifying the approach - ?

Iā€™ve just landed at an airport (LFRV) and it has not approach procedure available, but the plane added to the plane a coordinate lined up with the runway, making a FAF by itself, that with in conjunction with the VNAV made up a great RNAV approach!

EDIT: Yes i double checked and it does! You can dial-in (via RWY EXT) also the distance from the FAF to the RWY! Love this feature!

Installed 0.9.1. Attempted local flight EGBB-EGBB. Had to load ARR A/D in FMC. No R/W or arrival in DEP/ARR page, but thought Iā€™d have a go anyway. No joy getting TOGA to work. T/O raw data and flew cct. Engaged HDG, FLC and autopilot. ILS indications OK. Armed APP, but only G/S white armed, sailed through LOC without capture.
Any ideas whatā€™s going on? First flight since ASOBO update and 0.9.1. Should I go back to 0.8.3?
Thanks

just giving this a try and wonder how to install from githubā€¦

getting a bit confused as I downloaded a fspackages folder c4j 0.9.0 thats 400mb
however does not seem to include the mod! then I tried the v0.9.1 (c40mb) which is called a hot fix - but does this need the original v0.9.0 to be installed first (if yes where can I get it from?) and then the hotfix 0.9.1 goes over this folder or can I simply download and install 0.9.1 which contains everything?

You downloaded the full source code zip. Make sure you grab the one with v0.9.1 in the filename.

-Matt

thanks for the reply not still confusedā€¦presume from your reply the 0.9.1 file I have (c40mb ) is not the correct one?
any chance you can provide a direct link to the correct file to download?
note in the fspackages c4j 0.9.1 page I can see at the bottom 3 assets
1)wt-arcraft c4j 0.9.1.zip
2)a source code zip that includes a fspackages folder (c400mb) but it contains a load of documents and other folders?(including a package definition folder/workflow/docs)
3)a source code (tar.zip)
which one is it and which part do I need to install into community?
(also to clear up my error question it says 0.9.1 is a hot fix then says to delete the old 0.9.0 version? - whatā€™s the correct way to install and what size should my c4j folder be if I am installing correctly?)

you need number 1. wt-arcraft c4j 0.9.1.zip

Just download the 0.9.1 from here https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages

Then unzip it and copy the folder into your Community. This is the only thing you need to have in you Community folder. You can delete the older version, if itā€™s still in there.

Iā€™m fighting with VS.
I set ALT 10000 and +1500, the AP starts climbing but sometimes the climb continues over 10k and sometimes stops at the right altitude.
Donā€™t know why :man_shrugging:

thanks

so just to be clear (the link you sent had loads of files at the top and at the bottom there is 3 links under ā€œassetsā€ its simply the 1st link with the title ā€œworkingtitle aircraft cj4 0.9.1.zipā€ which I need (its about 40mb in size) - I can ignore the source code download?

Re: previous post. Downloaded again, extracted and re-installed. Now works fine. If in doubt, turnoff and back on again. Great work.