Working Title CJ4 Mod Version 0.4.0 Released

NM seems like maybe I didn’t have the departure rwy in somewhere. Working now

Ok need some advice here. Not sure if I did something wrong, or there’s a bug in the mod, or what. Just tried an ILS approach that I’ve done previously in the default version. This time as soon as it captured the glideslope it just started wildly porpoising and not actually following it. Not sure what to do about this. I ended up having to hand fly it after two attempts.

Is there any guidance available on setting up and using the FMS?
I’m just stumbling about at the moment. Can’t seem to find a POH or real manual for the plane to reference the workflow either.

Given people seem to be flying it around happily I’m hoping someone can help point me at a good guide, or video to get a newbie up to speed.

1 Like

I got horrible dolphin dancing doing ILS approaches. Really bad below 150kts. I then removed the mod and tried the same approach with the vanilla CJ4 and it worked just fine. Smooth all the way down to minimums, sadly.

I really, really like the mod and all the work you guys do and don’t want to sound like an ■■■■■■■, but something in it messes up the autopilot when descending on precision approaches.

I also tryed the MOD and, as the previous posts said, I also really really like it! Its an awesome work that they done to this default Aircraft to make it more realistic.

But, I also have a drunken dolphin dance on my ILS approach and also when I select VS in climb. FLC is not possible. Everything set as it should, I´m a real Pilot, but the drunken dolphin is everywhere!

I also recognize the bug after I turned the engines off…the Plane starts moving without engines, and no breaks are working. Also the Parking break have no effect.

I really looking forward, if these bug can be fixed - and again, THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK!

P.S. could it be, that a additional livery in the Community folder also can cause issues?

[HOW-TO] Citation CJ4 - FMS Programming Guide - Guides / New Pilot Help & Guides - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Look there!

1 Like

I am sure these guys will get it fixed. They are awesome.

I am sticking with the v.0.3.1 Mod for now. If only I could just fix the DME issue that crashes the PFD when picking up a LOC I am good for a bit. I can wait for the other features to be ready.

If someone could point me to how to fix the DME as string piece I would be ever grateful.

Thanks.

Worked flawlessly untill FL350 where oscillations started and the aircraft became unflyable. I found no way to stop them. Even trimming down.

I will be doing a tutorial on the FMS/flying the jet but I have been away from home on work trips. I will try to make one this coming weekend (Oct 16).

1 Like

I would recommend upgrading. We did not change any aircraft flight model parameters between 0.3.1 and 0.4.0, so there will be no difference in AP performance between the two.

There are a whole host of bug fixes in 0.4.0 as well, including the issue you describe.

I was worried about the parking issue where the aircraft still moves on engine shutdown. Is that even with the parking brakes on?

I have to have crash detection on for the MMO add-on I use, so parking at a gate close to walls and having the aircraft lunge into it can make a 4hr trip end in disaster.

Ah yeah, if that one is a deal breaker, wait for 0.4.1. We should have a fix for that soon.

If you are on the discord, look in the WT NEWS channel and there is a quick fix option for the engine off thrust bug.

Could you post the quick fix here? For some reasons, i can´t connect to Discord

Weird issue experienced today… Took off towards Guam from Palau, cruising altitude was to be FL300. It’s 3 am local time, so it’s dark. ATC had me climb in steps. While I was climbing between FL170 and FL250, I looked up to see windshield ice illuminated by lightning. Shortly after, the aircraft inverted and began a dive. The flight ended catastrophically due to overstressed aircraft - it was flying at 300 knots IAS when it began the dive and there wasn’t much I was able to do.

Upon restart, I have noticed that all the ice protection lights are on by default, but are actually set to off. So I may have been fooled by those lights while icing protection was off. Also, shouldn’t the lights bet exclusive to EITHER Engine Only OR Engine+Wing? I currently have all 4 lights on, even though the botton two buttons are set to off.

Any insight here? Upon setting the ice protection to what it seems to require before restarting the flight, I am not cruising at FL300 with no issues.

Thanks for the quick fix.

The A32NX mod overwrites core files for the anti-ice buttons, which causes them to act strangely. I would file a bug with FlyByWire.

You can turn them on and off, but the lights just stay on at all times if that mod is installed.

2 Likes

Okay, so I just finished my first flight with the mod, from KXNA (Northwest Arkansas) to KORD (Chicago O’Hare). I created my flight plan in Navigraph, exported it, and then imported it from the world map menu. Once in the plane, I set up the approach procedure for ILS runway 4R. Verified the correct NAV frequency, and all looked great.

Around cruising altitude (38k) I started to experience the dolphin dance for a bit. I shut off AP, trimmed the plane, flew manually for a minute or two and reactivated AP, and it straightened out.

Any time I turned the Altitude knob to increase or decrease ALT, the plane began descending or climbing immediately, before I could set up and activate VS. Just turn the knob and it starts to change altitude. Not sure if this is intended behavior, as I’m just learning this plane.

ITT is different on the left engine than it is for the right. Not sure what would cause this.

When I passed the first waypoint on the approach plate (DEGAN) is when the real shenanigans started. If you look at the blue waypoint, it now showed that SGF was the last waypoint I cleared, 356 NM away, and that my next waypoint would be FTZ, 224 NM away, and that KORD was 475 NM away. I reality, I was on the approach plate, preparing to lock on to the ILS.

Once I passed HARRL & NAPER, this is what it looked like.

On a side note, does anybody use the default ATC when flying these? Are they supposed to know what your runway selection & STAR is? It seems like ATC always tries to send me to a different runway than what I select. End up having to shut them off.

If you want to look, here is the flight plan that I used.

KXNAKORD.pln (3.8 KB)

So it sounds like the ILS porpoise thing is an issue with the mod then? Guess I’ll hope for a fix soon. Was my first time using the mod oh well :slightly_frowning_face:

Just a note. Always hit V/S first before changing altitude.

1 Like