POST UPDATED TO REFLECT 0.5.1 hotfix - see 0.5.1 changelog down thread…
We are excited to announce v0.5.1 of the Working Title CJ4, with some awesome new features including the ability to directly load a flight plan from Simbrief into the FMS . You read that right!
v0.5.1 contains yet another significant refactor of the flight planning aspects, greatly improving performance of the FMS and enabling more features, like Departure and Arrival Procedure Transitions and the flight plan import! Don’t forget to look at the Interim SoP Document for instructions on this.
Discord link: https://discord.gg/Fa6w2xK – Join us on Discord for announcements, latest version checks, feature previews/sneak peeks and discussions about the CJ4 and Garmin projects.
Feature Video: Working Title CJ4 0.5.0 Features Showcase - YouTube
An in-depth feature video coming later this weekend.
Mod Download Link: Release cj4-v0.5.1 · Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages · GitHub
Scroll down to the bottom where it says assets, download the workingtitle-cj4-v0.5.1.zip
Working Title CJ4 v0.5.0 Changes
Welcome to the latest update of the Working Title CJ4 (v0.5.0). Thank you to everyone who contributed to this release.
Feel free to test out our new Simbrief Profile: SIMBRIEF PROFILE
Check out our interim SoP doc: Interim SoP Document - includes instructions for setting up the FMS to import your Simbrief flight plan!
Installation is easy, simply copy the
workingtitle-aircraft-cj4 folder inside the zip file to your MSFS Community folder.
Important: We recommend that you fully delete the previous
workingtitle-aircraft-cj4 folder before copying this release.
- Simbrief flight plan import: Added ability to enter your PILOT ID from Simbrief and then load the latest OFP/Flight Plan directly to the FMC (store your PILOT ID in the MOD SETTINGS page and then use the ROUTE MENU to FPLN RECALL)
- Approach Waypoints: Added ability to skip waypoints on the approach
- FMS Performance: Greatly improved the performance of the FMS / waypoint loading times
- Added MFD Memory Functions - MEM buttons now allowing users to save states of the MFD and switch quickly between them (press and hold a MEM button to save the current state to that button)
- Volumetric External Lights: Incorporated the latest lighting package from Uwajimaya including volumetric external lighting
- Improvements to PFD and MFD
- Cabin Lights: Added the ability via the MOD SETTINGS menu to change the cabin light setting
- FMS: Non functional menu items are now greyed out
- Redesigned waypoint loader to dramatically improved flight plan management/FMS performance on LEGS page
- Added ability to skip approach waypoints or go direct to any approach waypoint / closes #27
- Redesigned waypoint loader to dramatically improved flight plan management/FMS performance on FPLN page
- Added ability to directly download and import the latest OFP from Simbrief - auto load Simbrief flight plan directly to FMS!
- Fixed bug where airways were renamed after entry
- Added ability to select VFR runway for landing (when no approach selected or available)
- Added departure/arrival transitions
- Fixed display error with approach transitions
- Fixed several display bugs
- Added error protection for PERF Pages / closes #253
- Fixed bug with gross weight calculation
- Added ability to enter a zero fuel weight number to calculate gross weight instead of pax/cargo entries.
- Added indication when no runway is selected for TAKEOFF REF and APPROACH REF
- Added ability to have VFR runway selected to allow PERF pages even when no approach is selected (for airports without approaches)
- Added vspeed send logic and messages to FMC to replicate real unit
- Fixed refresh error after entering/updating reserve fuel on FUEL MANAGEMENT page
- Addressed fuel flow bugs throughout / closes #224
- Added takeoff time, enroute time, and landing time to flight log page
ARR DATA Page
- Closer to real ARR DATA page look and feel
- Fix stuck PFD menu when AOA was turned on / closes #251
- Added elapsed timer functionality to PFD
- Restructured PFD menu
- Restructured Lower MFD menu
- GS is now magenta / closes #249
- Improved the usability of MFD checklist (saves last opened page and resumes completed section)
- FMS Text on the MFD will now stay opened after opening MFD checklist or passenger briefing menus
- Added functionality to CCP MEM buttons, allowing users to save states of the MFD and switch quickly between them
- Fixed broken fuel reading on SYSTEM OVERLAY menu / closes #246
- Fixed audio bugs with announcements
- Incorporated the latest lighting package from Uwajimaya including volumetric external lighting.
- Added controllable passenger cabin lighting (accessed from FMS -> IDX -> MOD SETTINGS)
- Fixed some lighting bleed (thanks again Uwajimaya) / closes #171
- After using Direct-To, the navigation will not always automatically sequence to the next fix and may enter ROL mode. You can re-activate NAV to navigate to the next fix if you encounter this issue.
- The aircraft is still using the built-in MSFS autopilot (for now). All the existing limitations of that still apply. It does behave a bit better with the various enhancements applied.
- Some flight plan distances may still be misreported when the approach is activated. Please log an issue if you encounter this with details.
- Some instances of the autopilot skipping approach waypoints still occur - this is deep in the sim handling of waypoints and is, for now, out of our hands. We will continue to research this.