Working Title CJ4 v0.5.1 released (with Simbrief FMS import)

POST UPDATED TO REFLECT 0.5.1 hotfix - see 0.5.1 changelog down thread…

We are excited to announce v0.5.1 of the Working Title CJ4, with some awesome new features including the ability to directly load a flight plan from Simbrief into the FMS . You read that right!

v0.5.1 contains yet another significant refactor of the flight planning aspects, greatly improving performance of the FMS and enabling more features, like Departure and Arrival Procedure Transitions and the flight plan import! Don’t forget to look at the Interim SoP Document for instructions on this.

Discord link: Working Title Simulations – Join us on Discord for announcements, latest version checks, feature previews/sneak peeks and discussions about the CJ4 and Garmin projects.

Feature Video: Working Title CJ4 0.5.0 Features Showcase - YouTube

An in-depth feature video coming later this weekend.

Mod Download Link: Release cj4-v0.5.1 · Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages · GitHub
Scroll down to the bottom where it says assets, download the workingtitle-cj4-v0.5.1.zip

Working Title CJ4 v0.5.0 Changes

Welcome to the latest update of the Working Title CJ4 (v0.5.0). Thank you to everyone who contributed to this release.

Feel free to test out our new Simbrief Profile: SIMBRIEF PROFILE

Check out our interim SoP doc: Interim SoP Document - includes instructions for setting up the FMS to import your Simbrief flight plan!

Installation

Installation is easy, simply copy the workingtitle-aircraft-cj4 folder inside the zip file to your MSFS Community folder.

Important: We recommend that you fully delete the previous workingtitle-aircraft-cj4 folder before copying this release.

Key Features

• Simbrief flight plan import: Added ability to enter your PILOT ID from Simbrief and then load the latest OFP/Flight Plan directly to the FMC (store your PILOT ID in the MOD SETTINGS page and then use the ROUTE MENU to FPLN RECALL)
  • Approach Waypoints: Added ability to skip waypoints on the approach
  • FMS Performance: Greatly improved the performance of the FMS / waypoint loading times
  • Added MFD Memory Functions - MEM buttons now allowing users to save states of the MFD and switch quickly between them (press and hold a MEM button to save the current state to that button)
  • Volumetric External Lights: Incorporated the latest lighting package from Uwajimaya including volumetric external lighting
  • Improvements to PFD and MFD
  • Cabin Lights: Added the ability via the MOD SETTINGS menu to change the cabin light setting
  • FMS: Non functional menu items are now greyed out

LEGS Page

• Redesigned waypoint loader to dramatically improved flight plan management/FMS performance on LEGS page
  • Added ability to skip approach waypoints or go direct to any approach waypoint / closes #27

FPLN Page

• Redesigned waypoint loader to dramatically improved flight plan management/FMS performance on FPLN page
  • Added ability to directly download and import the latest OFP from Simbrief - auto load Simbrief flight plan directly to FMS!
  • Fixed bug where airways were renamed after entry

DEP/ARR Page

• Added ability to select VFR runway for landing (when no approach selected or available)
  • Added departure/arrival transitions
  • Fixed display error with approach transitions

PROG Page

• Fixed several display bugs

PERF Page

• Added error protection for PERF Pages / closes #253
  • Fixed bug with gross weight calculation
  • Added ability to enter a zero fuel weight number to calculate gross weight instead of pax/cargo entries.
  • Added indication when no runway is selected for TAKEOFF REF and APPROACH REF
  • Added ability to have VFR runway selected to allow PERF pages even when no approach is selected (for airports without approaches)
  • Added vspeed send logic and messages to FMC to replicate real unit
  • Fixed refresh error after entering/updating reserve fuel on FUEL MANAGEMENT page
  • Addressed fuel flow bugs throughout / closes #224
  • Added takeoff time, enroute time, and landing time to flight log page

ARR DATA Page

• Closer to real ARR DATA page look and feel

PFD/MFD

• Fix stuck PFD menu when AOA was turned on / closes #251
  • Added elapsed timer functionality to PFD
  • Restructured PFD menu
  • Restructured Lower MFD menu
  • GS is now magenta / closes #249
  • Improved the usability of MFD checklist (saves last opened page and resumes completed section)
  • FMS Text on the MFD will now stay opened after opening MFD checklist or passenger briefing menus
  • Added functionality to CCP MEM buttons, allowing users to save states of the MFD and switch quickly between them
  • Fixed broken fuel reading on SYSTEM OVERLAY menu / closes #246

Audio

• Fixed audio bugs with announcements

Lighting

• Incorporated the latest lighting package from Uwajimaya including volumetric external lighting.
  • Added controllable passenger cabin lighting (accessed from FMS → IDX → MOD SETTINGS)
  • Fixed some lighting bleed (thanks again Uwajimaya) / closes #171

Known Issues

• After using Direct-To, the navigation will not always automatically sequence to the next fix and may enter ROL mode. You can re-activate NAV to navigate to the next fix if you encounter this issue.
  • The aircraft is still using the built-in MSFS autopilot (for now). All the existing limitations of that still apply. It does behave a bit better with the various enhancements applied.
  • Some flight plan distances may still be misreported when the approach is activated. Please log an issue if you encounter this with details.
  • Some instances of the autopilot skipping approach waypoints still occur - this is deep in the sim handling of waypoints and is, for now, out of our hands. We will continue to research this.
26 Likes

the mod is really good, but with the autopilot problems it cant be flyable, nav mode and HDG mode turn around and dont follow the flightplan

Great, thanks a lot for your work!!

Awesome improvements, AP works Fine for me

Let me add a few bugs that are already known to the team and are mostly already fixed in the code base, which we will release as 0.5.1 very soon

• SimBrief Import doesnt work when a departure procedure is set in the route. As a workaround for now, remove the departure procedure from your simbrief flight plan.
  • DirectTo approach fixes from LEGS page has a few problems we are working on
  • The cabin light setting is not remembered correctly
2 Likes

Are you using FLC or VS To climb?

VS + Nav Mode works Good.

Silly question. VS is for “manual” climb by setting vertical speed, and Nav mode is for automatic lateral navigation, right?

Not a silly question. Thats correct.
Correct me if i‘m wrong, FLC is based on MCDU Inputs of each waypoint!?

Not exactly.
What you mean is the VNAV function. This makes the AP to follow the vertical profile from the FMC. The FLC is setting the vertical speed accordingly to match the speed selected with the speed bug. So if you are climbing and set a lower speed, the VS will increase in order to slow the plane down and vice versa.

1 Like

@VivaceDegree988 @KaiUwe83 take a look at the SoP doc linked in the first post. There are good descriptions for the best way to fly the aircraft right now, including using FLC for climb and VS for descent. :+1:t2:

i know, thanks but my problem it is that the plane it is unflyable when i activate AP, it is turning around 360º non stop and banking over 45º, i dont know what im doing wrong

1 Like

Working Title CJ4 v0.5.1 Changes

Welcome to the latest update of the Working Title CJ4 (v0.5.1). Thank you to everyone who contributed to this release.

This is a hotfix release intended to fix critical issues introduced in 0.5.0

Demo video (0.5.0+): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8xYOWnxmvM

Feel free to test out our new Simbrief Profile: SIMBRIEF PROFILE

Check out our interim SoP doc: Interim SoP Document

Installation

Installation is easy, simply copy the workingtitle-aircraft-cj4 folder inside the zip file to your MSFS Community folder.

Important: We recommend that you fully delete the previous workingtitle-aircraft-cj4 folder before copying this release.

Additions and Hotfixes

• New Frequency page
  • Fixed a bug where SimBrief flight plan import would fail when the route contains a departure procedure
  • Flight Log: ETE and Landing time would continually update and never stop.
  • Legs: When selecting an approach fix and returning to page 1 by pressing the LEGS button, the direct to should still work properly
  • Mod Set: The initial value of the cabin lights setting should now be correct

Known Issues

• Direct to or skipping waypoints in an approach sometimes results in undesired behavior. Monitor these changes closely. We will continue to look into improvements in this capability.
  • After using Direct-To, the navigation will not always automatically sequence to the next fix and may enter ROL mode. You can re-activate NAV to navigate to the next fix if you encounter this issue.
  • The aircraft is still using the built-in MSFS autopilot (for now). All the existing limitations of that still apply. It does behave a bit better with the various enhancements applied.
  • Some flight plan distances may still be misreported when the approach is activated. Please log an issue if you encounter this with details.
  • Some instances of the autopilot skipping approach waypoints still occur - this is deep in the sim handling of waypoints and is, for now, out of our hands. We will continue to research this.

Assets3

workingtitle-cj4-v0.5.1.zip73.3 MB

5 Likes

You guys continue to astound me!! Thanks for the update; can’t wait to try it out!

Truly amazing!

I did have an issue this morning. On my second flight I entered the qnh in the scratchpad and entered it for TAKEOFF. Then when I click on Next to go to the VREF page I get an INVALID message. And when I look at the scratchpad the qnh is there again. This only happens on the TAKEOFF page. I can still nagivate to other pages.

Here is the 2hr15m guide on how to fly the Working Title CJ4

12 Likes

I haven’t tried it in the sim, but I don’t believe VNAV has been modeled yet. Normally, if VNAV is selected in combination with FLC, then yes, it would follow the speeds in the CDU. It would be indicated as VFLC at the top of the PFD (and you would see something like “RESUME 280 KTS” in the PERF page. Once resume is pushed the FLC reference on the airspeed tape would turn magenta). But until VNAV is modeled, speeds are set manually using the flight guidance panel speed knob.

1 Like

Your video is amazing. Seriously, nice work!

Impressive stuff, especially on the FMC. I notice when I’m flying using the mod rather than basic I need more power for the same weight, eg @ 160kts 43% vs 35% and on finals 62% vs 55%. Are these settings more representative of the real aircraft?

PS, thanks for the DME.

I find if I save a flight, when I reload it all the settings have been lost, not just FMC but also flight modes. Can you do anything about that or is it a basic sim problem?