Working Title CJ4 v0.5.1 released (with Simbrief FMS import)

See above / VOR fixed in 0.6.1 to be released soon…

2 Likes

That’s awesome! Great! TBH i believed that the issue was due to bugs with the base autopilot. :smiley: I did not think that it could be fixed from you, i thought we had to wait for Asobo!

I just downloaded the latest MSFS update and the FMS no longer seems to work with this mod. When I turn on my avionics to dispatch, only a blue slash appears in the upper right corner of the FMS. None of the buttons work. Anyone else having this issue?

Same here for me. Sadly its blank except the word “untitled” pops up when you click some of the options. But fantastic job so far Working Title. Really appreciate the efforts

Thank you to the guys working on this mod. ( the cj4 w/this mod has been my favorite plane even over the tbm) Especially thank you for working on it considering core sim and plane specific changes can set your work back. (hopefully not too much)

1 Like

@AEKDBdp @RyanersGeoghers download 0.6.1 from our GitHub, it will be compatible with the latest msfs update.
Also watch out for our real next release this weekend :wink:

That’s great news. Thanks again for your efforts. Looking forward to it. Have a great weekend :slightly_smiling_face:

Ooooooh. A decoy udate, then the real update. Very cloak and dagger. :crazy_face:

Sometimes after clicking the VS dial it will just go nuts and keep spinning whichever way it was last clicked. Probably an Microsobo problem but wondering if anyone has come across this issue yet.

Awesome, thanks. I’m downloading it now!

I experienced this today too when using the nob on the lower panel trying to select FMS TEXT.

Someone else reported this happening with the TBM so it is definitely a new widespread bug.

2 Likes

I haven’t had that problem but know someone who did. They said it happens if you switch to metric units? Can you guys confirm?

I haven’t switched to metric units so not sure that is a factor with this bug. I’ve just started using the mouse wheel and haven’t had the issue since.

yep. Metric units causes the bug. Switch to Hybrid. That works!

I am flying at Fl400 and only getting TAS of 280 kts. What am I doing wrong? Should be about 400 kts? Edit: Appears that the AP is trimming nose way up so the plane is ploughing along with 5 degrees pitch up. Not sure why this is happening.

Is it just me or is the CJ4 harder to get off the ground now. The VR speed doesn’t seem to apply anymore. I have to wait until it gets up to 130kts or so to pull up gently. Now I have to pull 100% on the yoke at 110kts and nada. When it finally pull off the ground the nose is shooting up, even when I am at 130kts.

hi there, i gave a try to the v0.6.1 it is still uncapable of VOR navigation, and the CRS2 knob still is not working…

So, this is an interesting problem I had earlier when flying into Sao Paolo. I was following an ILS approach and it was following waypoints nicely until… it stopped. Instead of turning it just kept going straight. There were 2 turns left to get to final but it just quit following anything. I hand-flew it back on course, turned on LOC and APPR and it started following that. It captured the GS, but I believe at some point it stopped descending. I disconnected AP and descended a bit, then re-enabled AP and it continued proper descent. From there on, it was smooth sailing. Did anyone experience this? I believe I also had this happen on A320NX a week or so ago. Is this a known issue? When it just decides it had enough of following FMS?

As me and @Beginner314 are often pointing out, the NAV works only with the FMS, so it is more likely that you were in NAV mode with the NAV1 source set as LOC. On APPR mode it follows the localizer and the glide slope. I don’t know if the thing that it stopped working is a known, but very probably is another bug to the AP.