Working Title G1000 NXi Discussion Thread

Yes, Early Access. Timing? Only WT knows.

My guess is after Sim Update 12, that would make it around November of this year.

As we’ve mentioned a bunch on our Discord, we have teams on the CJ4, G3000, and GNS430/530 presently already. :slightly_smiling_face: We can’t really speak to timings on those or when the NXi will land in the sim.

12 Likes

Since I’m not on discord, I had no idea.

I’m really pleased to hear you’ve got all that going on concurrently.

You know I’ve been a big fan of your work and how you’ve handled yourselves here.

Thanks for reaching out and giving me(us) an update!

6 Likes

I really wish ATC rework had been in that sentence :frowning:

4 Likes

And AI rework :frowning:

A second bugfix release for 0.12 is now in the Marketplace:

Working Title Garmin G1000 NXi v0.12.2

Changes

• Improves autopilot handling of the vertical wind component for more accurate vertical guidance in high winds or turbulence.
  • Improves handing of narrow-range EIS gauges to avoid misaligned rendering of color bands through rounding.
  • Added sync of CRS to current radial when CRS knob is pressed while a VOR is the active nav source.
  • Fixes bug where, if GS is intercepted while VNAV is armed, VNAV can cancel GS.
  • Fixes bug that would occasionally cause an inappropriate CDI source switch when activating a visual or RNAV approach.
  • Fixes bug where a world map import would try to calculate the path before the lateral plan was calculated causing constraints to be invalid on the FPL screen.
  • Fixes bug where the PFD indicated altitude would initialize to zero instead of the actual indicated altitude.
  • Fixes text overflow on the PFD’s bearing info boxes with particularly wide fix names.
14 Likes

Is there a list of known issues somewhere?

I am asking because I reported issues that have not been fixed and I wonder if they made it to the todo list. In particular:

• Selecting COM frequency does not transfer last digit to COM radio

• Adding or removing waypoints in flightplan scrolls the plan all the way to the top, making the cursor invisible.

1 Like

There is not one that we can publicly share, no.

Unfortunately, like all other software projects, the severity of the bug has to be reviewed and things have to be put into a list of priorities based on how bad the bug is, whether it can be worked around, etc. It may just not presently be near the top.

Selecting the COM frequency where exactly?

I am not able to reproduce this. Does it always happen? Are there specific steps to reproduce this we should follow?

Hi,

I made a short video to explain the issues. Hopefully this makes it more clear. If not then let me know.

Video with COM and FP bug explained

Thanks!

I am asking the community for a little feedback as I am not sure if it is only me having my home airport not show as nearest.

Can you please go to EDFC and takeoff. While in the vicinity of the airport please check the nearest page (PFD and MFD) for the appearance of EDFC and report back here. Your feedback is very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I’m curious, so when Asobo, I guess hired you, things had to be done closed source from that point on?

I mainly ask out of interest, I find it kind of confusing with the GH repo that is there, as a mirror only for the new stuff, but the old one for the mods is still there (which I guess is effectively dead?).

I’m super excited for a G3000 refresh BTW, I understand you can’t share but just saying, I like keeping up with dev so a few bits and pieces of info there would be cool. Oh well, grateful for what you guys achieve.

It’s because EDFC has a runway length of 2,747 ft, the default min is set to 3000.

If you change it to 2000 on the system’s page it shows up fine

8 Likes

Glad to say the latest update seems to have fixed VNAV & ILS issues, well done all :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

A good pilot is always learning. Thank you very much for the insights

I’m unable to access the video at the link, unfortunately. Might it need different permissions?

1 Like

I think that link might be broken. I can access both my personal, and corporate OneDrive accounts, but that link doesn’t work for me.

I have just uploaded @Djeez2 's video to YouTube which should be easier to access. I hope he does not mind, I am just trying to help. It is a decent video that clearly explains his issues.

2 Likes

Thanks, I don’t mind. I wonder why some people can see it and some can’t.

1 Like

Tried the latest version today on approach to Kerry EIKY. The glide slope handling is much better now, no drift at all, it was really solid and handled wind and turbulence well.

2 Likes

Thats odd, yet again - i did two flights today, both great but the 2nd one was windy, the system lost the slope by about 2-3 dots under the slope at one point and 2 dots over at another, it did land me ok though so i counted it as a great success as it just didn’t work well before