Working Title G1000 NXi Discussion Thread

Thanks. I’ll give it a try. And if it works, that’ll kill two birds with one stone. (Terrible metaphor for somebody who likes birds, I realize.)

What is that screenshot of?

I think it’s a composite image. The two buttons on the left look like they are from a Streamdeck.

1 Like

@iamgeoff8975
I created this in LNM.

The AP armed, and captured, but would not follow the user points. I then tried inserting FF09 in between WP1, and WP2, and as it passed over WP1 I expected the AP to suddenly bank left, but it did not. What the AP actually did is go full left aileron for some reason.

I don’t have any of my gear set up, just keyboard, so it’s possible I had something set that the AP could not deal with. I just restarted the flighted, used slew to get to altitude, and the AP now seems to be tracking okay.

So yes, the NXi does cope with user waypoints, and the AP can use them.

they are… in version 0.5.1 the Combo I and II as well as Streamdeck profiles Flight Tracker processes incorrect LVAR

I don’t know why WT hasn’t announced it here yet, but there is an update to the NXi in the marketplace / content manager:

Working Title G1000 NXi v0.6.0

New Features

MAP

• Adds MFD Traffic Map with user config settings.
  • Adds the map declutter indicator.

FMS

• Adds all IAFs as selectable transitions for approaches
  • Added visual approaches for all runways at all airports.
  • Allows the creation of holds for origin, destination, runways, visual fixes.
  • Allows the creation of Direct To Existing to runways or visual approach fixes.
  • Cleanup of hold depiction in the flight plan page – removes a duplicate fix after some holds when it shouldn’t appear, sets the hold (specifically HF leg only) to display grey when not active.
  • Allows deleting any legs after the destination fix (airport or runway) so that holds can be deleted from the destination segment.
  • Improve display of approaches in Select Approach and FPL
  • Improves handling of adding approaches, including adding the destination airport to the enroute legs when appropriate.
  • Improves handling of adding procedures when a direct to destination is currently active.

PFD

• Adds OBS Feature for GPS Waypoints.
  • Improved PFD NRST page: now properly hides empty lines, displays a message when no airports are within 200NM, generally improved styling and data accuracy.

MFD

• Adds MFD Page Select infrastructure.
  • Adds OBS depiction to the map.

Issues Resolved

• Fixes issue where the FAF altitude for visual approaches was calculated incorrectly.
  • Fixes bug where VOR tracking would fail near the VOR station.
  • Fixes issue where VNAV would not set the captured altitude until within 20’ - adjusted to set the captured altitude when within 250’.
  • Fixes issue where VNAV Window on the MFD would show incorrect signs for deviation, VS Target and VS Required.
  • Fixes issue where the GPS DRIVES NAV1 event was not processed and reported back to hardware correctly.
  • Fixes issue where sometimes the hold menu could freeze when changing the time.
  • Fixes numerous issues with K Events, including a protection for the default VS behavior on the Honeycomb Bravo.
  • Fixes display issues with the procedure sequence preview.
  • Fixes issue with bearing pointer overflow in cases where the target waypoint is 5 chars.
  • Fixes issue where LOC tracking was oversensitive and sometimes caused more hunting than is realistic at higher speeds.
  • Fixes issue with GPS bearing pointers displaying incorrect data.
  • Fixes left bearing pointer fix name overflowing
  • Fixes bug where the PFD inset map does not always reflect the selected orientation.
  • Fixes issues where sometimes GPS or NAV would not activate when it should (eased all capture requirements to 110 degrees from DTK and 60% CDI deflection).
  • Fixes issue where deleting a hold leg would incorrectly always sequence you past the hold leg
  • Fixes auto-tuning so it will put the LOC freq into both actives for Nav1 and Nav2 (unless one of them is the selected CDI source). CDI source auto-switch will switch to whichever Nav source is actively tuned to the appropriate frequency, preferring Nav1 if both are tuned.
9 Likes

Great, I’ll give this a go this evening. I was missing OBS.

Wow. Great progress. Have to try it later.

I had been meaning to report something regarding BRG1/2. When you initially configure them to the next GPS waypoint they don’t initially point at it. I’m not sure if its time, or distance, but they do eventually point towards it.

Just tested this, and it looks like the BRG issue is resolved, if it ever was an issue. I’m parked at this point.

For OBS, only the control on the PFD/MFD adjusts it. When CDI is set to VOR1/2/LOC, both the G1000 CRS, and the respective CRS1/2 will adjust it. That seems to make sense to me.

Silly qn how do I get traffic to show up in the NXi? I select it in the options but I see nothing while I see other players and ai outside. Tried it on a couple of aircraft and I get the same result. What I’m I missing?

It’s an MFD option. Check one of the soft keys at the bottom. Behind a top level menu there is an option to enabled traffic I believe, as well as options for terrain, declutter etc.

1 Like

I don’t think multiplayer ever shows and I never use AI so I can’t speak to that but Real Time Live Traffic will show.

1 Like

Even with the Traffic option selected I don’t see any traffic

CDI button does not work and the altitude bug is still present (99000)
Only for me ??

Enabled?

Only AI/Live (if enabled) and injected (VATSIM, IVAO etc) traffic will display. Not multiplayer traffic.

1 Like

The first post explains what you need to do to get ALT working, but I don’t think you can use the default Logitech drivers to do this.

CDI was working fine for me earlier.

Is that a new feature of 0.6? I didn’t have to enable anything with 0.5.1.

Speaking of CDI, does anyone know which/if dataref indicates whether you are on GPS/NAV1/NAV2?

The Logitech multipanel only has a single knob. I want to have it switch between those three, and display it corresponding value depending on which mode it is in.

If you click on it in the virtual cockpit, the source does not change between GPS/LOCl/VOR…?

Yeah, it was added in 0.6.0.
https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/nxi/2021/09/10/nxi-release-v0.6.0.html

1 Like

Thanks. Sad to see that invert flight plan has been removed. That was one way too tidy up a VFR flight plan. Thought now that I think of it, I don’t remember seeing those TIMECLIMB waypoints in the NXi.

Yep, totally not work