Working Title G1000 NXi Discussion Thread

Hi @Bishop398, @kaosfere4829 et al

Thanks so much for your hard work on the NXi, the engine pages look amazing and I’ve just updated the G36 Improvement Mod to bring it in line. (just got some testing to do before we publish a release)

I wondered whether it’s possible to set the decimal place to be active on the manifold pressure gauge?

I’ve just been doing some test flights in the Mod to double check cruise power settings and have noticed that in the NXi the Manifold Pressure is only showing whole numbers and not the decimal; it looks like it rounds up when the figure is over XX.5. e.g. 19.5 shows as 20 etc.

Looking at the NXI / G36 docs I think it should display in the actual device.

Of course it may be something in our mod causing the issue or is there a setting I’ve missed somewhere? If not, is there a way to show the decimal place in the NXi?

Many thanks again

Regards

Matt

3 Likes

Been having fun with the engine leaning page & the lean assist; in the SR-22 it’s working great! Big thanks to the whole team!!!

3 Likes

Loving this project, you guys are amazing.

4 Likes

Sorry if this info has already been posted but did a quick search around and couldn’t find what I was looking for.

How do I use the Altitude select on the G1000 NXi auto pilot?

In the default Garmin (using the Cessna Caravan) I used to turn the Alt Select dial and select the altitude I wanted, then I pressed the VS button and used the up/down wheel to select the desired climb/decent rate. Once it had reached the level I had set it would automaticaly level off.

With the G1000 Nxi, turning the alt select dial just shows a positve or negative number where I used to see the desired altitude. Then I press the VS button and choose the decent/climb rate and it will just continue at that rate untill I manually stop it.
The value I set with the alt select dial appears to have no purpose?

The NXi mod is a great upgrade for MSFS. However, I’m having trouble getting TAS to show me any local traffic even though I have it enabled and set to unrestricted mode. I can see AI traffic in the area I’m flying with Little Nav Map, but not in the G1000.

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

Gil

Live Traffic is currently broken for many in the sim if you’re using that. Use Offline AI (but I’m not sure that will appear in TCAS).

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I am using AI traffic, so that seems to be problematic too.

I think that the only traffic that shows up is other real players, like VATSIM, or maybe the built-in multiplayer. I’m fairly certain that AI traffic won’t show up in TCAS, like it did in FSX. I seem to recall reading this somewhere…

Real Time Live Traffic will show in the TCAS. The problem is that Live Traffic is zero at the moment. It has been broken for several days and the powers that be have not fixed it or even acknowledged it.

It is NOT a problem with the NXi whatsoever.

3 Likes

Quick basic question here. Is there a way to look up airport information in the NXi? i.e. rwy length, ils freqs, etc. It used to be possible in the standard G1000.

Live traffic definitely shows up on the NXi’s TCAS displays. I don’t know about AI traffic, as I don’t use it. Multiplayer traffic does not. VATSIM traffic should (it does on the G3000 with the WT 0.7.4a mod, haven’t flown with the G1000 NXi on VATSIM myself).

First of, big thanks to WT for their great work on the G1000 NXI. I appreciate the amount of work that such a project requires and value the ongoing efforts, so big thanks to the team!

Has anyone experienced issues with the NXI on bush trips? During the France bush trip, I’m seeing an issue where the AP is inop and where I can not set the altitude whenever I fly a consecutive leg in the same session. So when I finish my first leg, I click on continue and I fly the second leg without leaving the plane (so to speak); then I’m seeing the aforementioned inop AP issue. When I exit the game and restart the last leg of the bush trip, it works fine again. Note I’m aware that you’re unable to load the builtin FLP in the bush trips, but I am not using the NAV mode as bush trips are supposed to be VFR after all. I just use the simple HDG and VS/FLC modes on the AP. I’m running the latest version from the MP (v0.0.7).

In case it would be interesting to flesh this out a little more, I’d be happy to provide more details for a potential bug report (if there is actually a bug and not something amiss on my system or with MSFS). The 15th leg to Alpe d’Huez is a short 12’ leg, suitable for testing/debugging. There are other issues with bush trips as well, such as flights not being logged into the log book (at least for me) and with the stock G1000 the builtin flight plan&magenta line on the VFR map sometimes bug out. So maybe the issue does not lie with the G1000NXI.

As far as I know, GPS is disabled in bushtrips as these are intended as navigational challenges and a GPS would take that away. That also counts for the default G1000 afik. Might be wrong though.

It does work, and pretty much how you describe. I set my target altitude, then hit either VS, then adjust my vertical speed, or I hit FLC, then adjust my target speed.

Is just me or did we take some frame rate hits with G1000 NXi v0.7.0?

I asked that on their discord last night but didn’t get a reply.

For me my FPS stutters slightly, frametimes spike and CPU usage increases a few percent when it turns at a waypoint or hits TOD. It isn’t bad, but wasn’t doing that before 0.7.0

I think you might have misread what I typed.
In the modded version the alt select dial does not let me select a desired altitude it just shows a positive or negative number in steps of 100.
I thought maybe if I dialed in + 500 on the alt select dial and then selected a climb rate of 1000fpm using the VS dial I would climb 500 feet above my current altitude at 1000fpm.

But once I set the VS rate it just continues at that rate until I manually stop it.
It seems to me the figure I select on the alt select dial has no function?

The alt select dial is your new altitude not height above or below your current

If flying at 1000ft and you select 5000ft then use VS mode and set the climb rate the NXi will then stop your climb at 5000.

:slight_smile:

I’m not referring to GPS navigation. I don’t have a FLP loaded in the nxi, when the inop AP issue occurs. FYI, you can input your own FLP during a bush trip (though it’s hard to determine GPS way points from the leg descriptions). The issue lies with the auto pilot, not the GPS functionality (moving map still works fine, e.g.).

That’s not ALT, that’s VS. I use external hardware to drive it, but I will check the virtual cockpit controls later.